Thread: Household stress..read on

Household stress..read on

I wanted the well-experienced opinions of any and all here.
    I live in a VERY HIGH STRESS house. Lots of yelling, dogs barking, just a very loud stressful place. Maybe not every single day but often enough. These are my family members so, I am stuck for the time being. I cannot move, don't bother with that one but Thanks anyway.
    However, I do find that when the cycle of yelling, fighting and other things take hold, I tend to not want to get dressed for awhile. I seem to get emotionally caught up (referee, etc) in this nonsense, and then cycle down to male only mode, and not very happy about it ...a few days maybe but whatever. Does anyone else deal with family or daily silliness that causes you to revert back to dull (my case only)? How do you deal? Thanks in advance

It has been awhile for me to go though that. I am semi retired and my SO said tat sometimes there is stress here But we work though it. yeah communication is probably the best you can do in that situation and possibly the yelling may stop. But my SO said that your communication could be the best in the world but the others may not be good at it. Yet, you can try to stop the yelling,.LOL well I know it is hard with kids.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Try to stay out of the arguments.
    Don't egg them on because you are pissed.
    Don't be their referee because they are just using you.
    Tell them you are done and they can yell all they want because you don't care who is right or wrong.
    What I am saying is don't play their game and don't fall victim to them dragging you into the argument.
    Once they realize you are unaffected by their BS they will leave you alone.
    I had roommates that were like that so I threw them out of my apt after putting up with them for a year or so.
    They still won't talk to me and I don't care.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-11-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Tracii, that is sound advice!!! When I am under stress either from work or home I want more then ever to dress. I feel better when dressed. It is as if the feminine things ground me and I can feel the negative energy being pulled away. Of course that is only if I can get the alone time for this.

Rachel
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-11-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks Rachel.
    I married into a family where my brother in laws were either in jail for being drunk and on pills in public or just getting out of prison for other things.
    They were all the time starting family arguments and wanting me to take sides between them and my wife and her parents.
    They would show up at my house at 3 am with stolen motorcycles or cars as they were running from the police.
    I got fed up because I had kids and a good job and they were asking me to help them making me guilty along with them.
    My rap sheet wasn't all that great and I didn't want to go to prison.
    I feel for Tama I really do because I understand the pain she is in.
    If its brothers and sisters arguing or parents abusing the kids mentally then the best thing is to remove yourself from that situation.
    If she really wants out then she has a choice to make. Its not easy I know.

I deal with this on a daily basis. Parents are arguing and yelling over the simplest reasons. Sister is yelling at her husband for every little thing. and a three year old nephew. Like you I can't really move either. What I found to cause the least amount of grief to myself is to just stay out of it. Whatever their yelling about I let them yell and I go outside to get some fresh air or go to my room and leave them be.

I barely get an hour a week to dress, due to people in and out of the house all day. I'm feeling a bit trapped lately.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Banned Read only
    I thought most of that was behind me but it does get like that on occasions now when we have all three grandchildren plus dog sitting for my son. My peace and quiet time if I can't dress are my walks with my dog twice a day, and the added bonus is it keeps me in shape.

It sounds like my ex-wife's home. Everyone was always in each others face, brothers and sisters sniping at each other. It was like living in a soap-opera.

The only way out way to leave, at least for me.

Sorry I don't have anything better to offer, hun.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder