Thread: First gender therapist.

First gender therapist.

I'm so happy! yesterday I had my first session.
    She advices me about not a normal session because she need to ask me so many questions to build a basic profile.
    One question I didn't have sn answer: What do I expect to achieve with the therapy?
    Don't know so my main reason is to learn more about the cding, what am I? just a crossdresser or should I transitjon for more? and basically because as I open with wife, I expect she can participate in some sessions.
    After all, I feel so good to be able to talk with someone so openly because even though, I talk with my wife, I can see in her always a kind of discomfort, especially with my bisexuality.
    Another feelings I'm experiencing is the desire to leave the closet completely, be honest with everybody. I have huge desires of post in boy versus girl but the fear that someone from my work could see it scares me. Thinking on quit for that job real soon!.
    So wanting to be honest with everybody, I have to confess that I lie on my age in my profile here. My real age is 57.
    My reasons to sign in here were different to which are now.
    I found very good friends here, good support, knowledge, so I will talk with admins to change my birthday and my name, It'll be Vanessa Grandy not sissy because that's obvious.
    Another thing I found out in the session is that even though I would like to transition. completely that will be impossible, so that's my reality, I will live the rest of my life in this body man feeling as a woman...
    I'm not sad about it, one of the benefit to get older is to learn to accept your reality with happiness...
    Last edited by Devi SM; 04-12-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Spammer
    A few white lies for whatever reason doesn't matter.
    You're on your way to so something you want and that is amazing!
    Good luck to you!

Thank you for your support sometimesKairi.
    I think honesty is a great virtue that's been very few practiced for mamkind, especially in sexual issues but in these days with so many people going out the closet with the lgbt movement there is room for more honesty.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Spammer
    Agreed!
    Now is a fantastic time to just go and do it.
    Whatever makes you happy as they say

Banned Read only
    Vanessa,
    I know most of the feelings you describe, talking to a professional does open the door to your feelings, it appears to make it official.In fact on one occasion I did ask if I was just using the sessions as a validation, she saw that one coming and soon put that thought to bed.

Age doesn't come into it so don't worry, you should be able to change it in your profile, I've got nearly ten years on you but it doesn't worry me , nothing can turn the clock back except another layer of makeup !

Try and give her all the information and let her put the pieces together, she is professional and done it all before . As for transition , take one step at a time , many of us feel like that and there is more than one explanation for it, mine is AGP, so I can move forward and deal with it.

Congratulations! It's awesome to take a positive step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessasissy View Post
    One question I didn't have sn answer: What do I expect to achieve with the therapy?
    Actually, I think you've answered that:

Don't know so my main reason is to learn more about the cding, what am I? just a crossdresser or should I transitjon for more?
    [...]
    Another feelings I'm experiencing is the desire to leave the closet completely, be honest with everybody.
    All good goals. Find out who you are; find your way to being honest about it; the path from one to the other includes learning to accept yourself. The therapist won't answer these questions for you, they'll help you figure out your answers that are specific to yourself. It's not simple, but it's a worthwhile thing to do.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    May I add my applause? Been pondering going back to my therapist again, try to sort out where I am ten years later, and why.

Good for you, Vanessa.
    Honestly, I can't think of a single account where someone didn't get a positive outcome from gender therapy. I'm sure there are a few surprises though.

OMG, I started seeing my Gender Therapist about 10 months ago, and I have to say, she has been the best thing to happen to me. She is very accepting and encouraging, and has helped me get over my apprehension of who I am. I have always felt I was a woman, just in the wrong body, and shared that and my crossdressing with her. We have gone from crossdressing and wishing I was a woman, to knowing who I am, and that I am a proud transgender woman. I have accepted who I am and I have slowly began my transition. I am seeing a Endocrinologist next week to start working toward HRT. I am so excited, and can't wait to tell the world I am here, hear me roar!.....I am so happy and it is due to my therapist.

I am so happy for you Vanessa. We can take this journey together and share our experiences with the group.

So wanting to be honest with everybody, I have to confess that I lie on my age in my profile here. My real age is 57.
    Never understand why people would lie about their age. Few people believe what one says.

Few people guess my age within 5 years. Some say 60 or 50s, I say no, then they go down. I have had people question when I give my age, even some for the senor discounts.

For the record I am 66, and have never lied about it.

Banned Read only
    Therapy is great. I never saw a use for it but there is something to repeating your thoughts out loud. It's essentially all you as your therapist can only work with what you give. They might help fill in some sentances but at the end if the day, you choose the story.

All the best

This dovetails nicely with my "cry for help" (not really) thread on this board.
    I have received numerous hints to seek gender therapy.
    I'm reading, girls. I'm reading your accounts and endorsements.

.... and taking it seriously.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.