Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would your tough & manly grandfather say if he saw you dressed like that?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

What would your tough & manly grandfather say if he saw you dressed like that?

Would he call you "one of those freakin' queers," in his tough & manly voice, and then proceed to whoop your ass?

Wait... What if Grandpa was a crossdresser, too??

Did they even have those back then?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I would hope he would squint and say something like "Who is that woman?"

One grandpa might have kicked me down the road and the other would have prayed for me. Different as night and day.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

For sure if we know that's me, he would call me very aloud favor!
    But if ge doesn't recognize me probably would be interested, he was a very horny guy...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Spammer
    Dad's dad died before I remember but my mums dad...I think he'd just look at me and say...as long as you keep studying at school (before he died obviously)

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well, I never met my grandfathers, and my so called father pis.ed off when I was two years old never to be seen again. My gran might have said a prayer for me though.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Don't think I met one of them... maybe once? But from what I know he'd have probably asked for a tip for the 3.30 at Haydock.
    The other one I knew and loved for years would probably have been surprised but ok... if a little outdated on the terminology!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I should probably answer my own question...

The one I knew better & saw more often, I honestly don't think he would recognize me. (And not because he was too old/senile/blind/etc.)

He'd probably see me, and say something like, "You.. The cute brunette over there.. What's your name?"

But before I'd have a chance to answer, he'd say, "Ah, it doesn't matter. Be a sweetheart & grab me another beer. Then go help the other ladies in the kitchen. I'm getting hungry over here..."

My grandfather passed when I was young. But I am at least 6" taller and 100lbs heavier then he ever was. So him whooping my ass, as you say ain't gonna happen. What would he say. Don't know. Probably not much. Then he would try to steal my plate of food like he always did.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I'm at least a foot taller than my paternal grandfather, so like Natasha, I don't think I would have much to worry about. Besides, my grandfather was a rather quiet bookish bank president.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My Mothers Father would have cracked a bad joke, and we'd have a whisky...
    My Fathers Father would have slapped my Father in the head for raising me the wrong way!

All my grandparents died before I was born. My father's father was a railroad man and my mother's father worked in the woods making charcoal or coke! I knew neither and have no idea what they would say! I am not even sure if my father would have been accepting! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My mothers father was a strong hard man, Even at 90 years old I would find him cutting down trees with a saw and ax. He had large hard hands and when you shook hands with the man you knew quickly he was one not to be messed with. That being said, he was more a father to me than my real father. He always had time for me and taught me many things. I think that he would have sat down with me and asked me if this is what I wanted. When I would tell him yes this is who I am then no one would ever be able to come against me in his presence. I think that even now, I can sometime still feel him around. God I miss him.

Rachel

My paternal grandfather ran a boxing gym, so if he wanted to beat the crap out of me, he probably could have done it (I never boxed). But he died about 10 years before I was born. Maternal grandfather was a nice guy, got along with everyone. He probably would have said, 'whatever floats your boat, but I wouldn't go out advertising it'. He was the typical grandfather everyone should have had.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My grandfather #1 would have asked the Universe what "it" thought about cross dressers

My grandfather #2 would have said "don't ever come to this village again"
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Both grandfathers and one grandmother all died when I was about 18. They were in their 60s-70s. So they were not around for my big reveal.

The other grandmother lived in Florida. Had not seen her after my big reveal before she died. Almost found out, but the year my partner and I were to visit she died like a week before. So that would have been a VERY BIG reveal. Don't know if my parents ever said anything to her. They did not say anything about my going to visit. She was a very strict person, so she may not have approved.

Banned Spammer
    This does make me wonder about age and acceptance.
    From my experiences its that the younger the person is, the closer they are to just shrugging their shoulders, whereas the older ones and a little more unsure about it.

Platinum Member
    Good question. Its hard for me to imagine the world and times my grandparents grew up, Norway in the later 1800s, and adult life in rural Minnesota/North Dakota. Beyond the struggle to scratch out a living, raise a family and survive the many truly existential threats to life, I doubt they had much time to ponder gender identity. My guess is "perplexed" would be their reaction....then they would have gone back to work.

We each rode motorcycles when we were younger, as did my father, and so had something very much in common!

Me, having Beach Blonde mid length hair and riding nicely coloured & waxed surfboard was another thing though!

Waxing my body and colouring my nails? Whaaaat! They would have just pushed me away, even further!!!
    Sad but true!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

well...in my "mock" wedding for my Aunts photos of my hair she styled (long story) when I was 15 my Granddad walked me down the isle. Spent the rest of that summer with him and Grandmother as Jennifer. My maternal Grandparents both died when I quite young so I really don't know what they're reaction would have been. I can only guess since GD was high up in the Baptist church it wouldn't have gone over well.

Banned Spammer
    Not sure what he would say.... Not very talkative and did not show emotion or feeling. Just smiled and said a few things here and there. To whoop my butt? nope. To scold probably.

Banned Read only
    Not sure. He only gave up naturism a few years ago - he's 90. He's a good old egg really and I think he'd love another grand daughter. He's a bit of a perv and likes to dance with younger ladies haha.

I never met either of my grandfathers and only one grand mother. All were dead before I was born. But, I'm sure both f my grandfathers would not have approved at all.

I remember both of my grandfathers as being quiet, reserved gentlemen. My parents waited until later in life to have kids, so there was a pretty big age gap between me and my grandparents, and they were all retired by the time I was old enough to know them at all. My father and both grandfathers also belonged to the Freemasons, which is a group that excludes 'libertines' - often interpreted as gays by their members. And I was expected to join and be active when I turned 18, and I did. So I was quite careful never to show them any feminine traits, and while they lived I repressed that in myself pretty severely. But I'll answer for the hypothetical case if they had seen me while they were still alive, and if I was doing the feminine stuff as I do now.

On my father's side, while his health allowed it, he and that grandmother liked to go fishing and crabbing and clamming on the Oregon coast, and would often stay in a cabin on or near the beach or with friends while they vacationed at the beach. They also traveled a bit on long vacations. I kind of remember him driving the boat on some of our family vacations, but usually my dad did that for the family by the time I was old enough to have memories of that grandpa. They belonged to a church, but neither of them was overly religious.

On my mother's side, that grandfather was a bit more religious, but not overly so. While I have some vague memories of him also joining us on occasion for family vacations to the beach and elsewhere, he was largely a stay-at-home type. He preferred to entertain at his own home.

Honestly, I think if either of them saw me on the street as a woman, they wouldn't recognize me at all. I look and sound too different as a girl. Their mind would be unlikely to make the connection, unless they saw Ceera driving my car, or out someplace with my daughter. If they did realize it was me, I'm really not at all sure what they would have done.

My dad's father probably would warn me to not allow my father or any of 'the guys in the Lodge' to know about my girly side. But I suspect that if he took the time to talk to me about it and listen to what I had to say, he would quietly accept it, but ask that I not dress up around the family or the Lodge members.

My mom's father was much more into the Freemasons, and I suspect that if he found out, he would have felt compelled to have me expelled from the Freemasons. Beyond that, however, I couldn't say.

I've done all the tough manly things that both my grandfathers did. (Both of them died before I was born.) I think either one of them would think twice before trying to whoop my ass. If either one of them called me a whatever, I'd probably reply with something tough, manly, and not very nice.

Banned Read only
    I would not have had to worry about my grandfather. He would have just shook his head and mumbled something in German. The other grandfather was deceased before I was born. On the other hand I'm very very sure my father would have beat the crap out of me. I know he and my mother suspected I was the one messing around in my mother's lingerie.