Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being tall

Being tall

So I'm a bit of a tall girl. Not all that unusual in this group. Right at the 6 foot mark. I know, those of you at 6'6" are saying "shrimp!" But it is still on the tall side.

So my comment is about making comparisons to tall woman you see in public. I often will notice a fairly tall woman and wonder, Hmm I wonder how tall she is. I might even make a note of just where the top of her head might come up against some reference on a wall, and then walk over there to compare myself. I am always happy when I see that she is also 6 feet tall or thereabouts.

The other day I was in a line at a public place and noticed the woman in front of me was the same height, wearing flats. She really didn't jump out at me as being tall, but I eventually noticed it. I was delighted that despite her height, it did not scream out "giant" She just blended in.

So as long as I can get my face and makeup right, and my body shape, and my voice, and my gestures, I too can blend right in. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

Has anyone else watch and made those visual comparisons?

Traci

I agree Traci. Lots of tall girls out there. Notice them all the time. Seems both male and female have gotten taller over recent years. Anyway, at 6'1", I really don't worry about the height thing too much. The biggest difference I see with so many tall gg's is they still seem to have smaller hands and feet. Uhh, I feel cursed. -Meg

Traci,
    I was going to say no, but after thinking about it for a minute yes, I guess that I do. I did see a women at the airport last week and she was easily my height. The fact that i did notice her height and that she was my height was a comparison as you said.

I am 6ft 4in and 250lbs and often feel like an ogre. At least around taller women I feel a little less like that.

Rachel

Traci I am 6ft5 and afew
    Weeks back I had my eyes
    Examined@ walmart and
    The Lady optomerist was
    About 6'7 and blond hair
    With blue eyes wearing
    Wedge heels.Agreat personality and you would
    Never know that she was
    Taller than you.

Silver Member
    You're demanding a lot of yourself in the pursuit of blending in. What I'm reading between the lines is that you won't feel comfortable out in the world unless you have the whole schmeer nailed. That's such a high standard that very few in this forum can dream of attaining it. Some, like me, will always look like a man in a dress no matter how hard they try. So I don't even bother.

A more realistic goal was presented by another member and I love it. It's called being presentable. To me, it means the clothes fit well, you're not over or under dressed for the occasion, and you display a positive attitude that says you're happy about owning who you are. That's way more important than getting the makeup, wig and breastforms perfect, which I do none of, btw.

I've found that if you're relaxed and happy and being yourself, people will accept you for the person you are presenting.

Suzanne that comment was a bit tongue in cheek

"So as long as I can get my face and makeup right, and my body shape, and my voice, and my gestures, I too can blend right in. Looks like I have a lot of work to do."

I was just overstating such in what I considered a humorous tone. While I do have some work to do before I would present, I will not be going over the top in fear of exposure. As I have moved on in years, I care less and less about what others think.

Megan yes smaller feet in particular would be great. If not for the passing aspect, but just to have a selection of pretty shoes!

Hi Traci,

I to always catch myself watching for tall GG of my height. I am not that tall for a man 5' 10".. I do know a few women who are my height or a little taller and they are quite beautiful!! Although.. They all have better proportions than we will ever have.. Small feet..Small hands..Most importantly small facial proportions..Carrying yourself with confidence is the only thing that can help you.. None of us can imitate perfectly..

Just have fun!!!

Best wishes... Paula

I am also 5' 10" and I work in an assisted living facility. One of the resident's sons' wife is my height. From being around her, I learned i do not hold my head up most of the time! LOL She however has, for a female, larger hands and feet! No she is not trans and the facial features are nice but not delicate! One of the reasons I love women-variety! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am 6'4", and roughly resemble Shrek so, I would have to be comfortable as I go. I admittedly don't go out dressed often but when I do, I am ready. I'll own what I am that day.
    Whenever I see a tall GG, I try to nonchalantly roll up next or near to them to get an idea of how much height I have on them...Unfortunately, I still manage to tower over most of them. Oh well, I just deal with it. I wasn't consulted at my own design meeting sadly. Gotta work with what you got!

Banned Spammer
    Seen a few very tall GG in town. Way taller than me and I am 5'11"
    Yeah noticed them more than other girls but mainly because they were all young and attractive

I'm at 6 and have a great reference point to work with, my Wife! We are both at about 6'1+ when shoed, most women are a bit under the height of my wife.
    There is the reference point I use for myself, and why I don't dress with heels! ( My personal choice of height! )

Height wise I will hope to blend in, the rest is in the hands of Stacy!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I'm just over 6 ft tall but it's my petite wife that watches for tall women much more than I do. She doesn't do it to demean or criticize either myself or them. She does it simply to point out that some of them are taller than I am, have similar or dissimilar features to myself, how they wear this style or that style to look their best or less than their best, etc.

Karen

I don't worry about being tall my GF of 3 years was as tall as me and I,m 6'1" and we both wear an 18 20 dress and tops and a few weeks ago I talk to a very beautiful 6'5" young lady
    hugs
    Ronda

There's a girl I work with who's over 6' tall and I walked past another tall woman this morning, again I think over 6'. It's kinda reassuring for me - I'm 6'5 and seeing gg's near my height in flats makes me realise it's more about how you carry yourself than how tall you are.

Women no matter how tall or short, seem to have an innate sense of grace and balance that most of us just can't duplicate. Maybe it is because they have had their whole life to develop.
    It's not particularly the make- up or the clothing, but more the confidence and grace (more of an aura) that a GG possesses. Then again I've met some sisters who have mastered it and are much more likely to successfully blend.

I have many female friends that are at least 5'10" to 6'1.5" (.5 inches shorter than me). And they all wear heels between 3 to 5.5 inches (with or without a platform). I asked my tallest friend one time doesn't she feel a little self conscious of wearing her heels (they were of the 5.5 inch style with a 1.75 platform. She said something that I would never forget. "I can't find heels that will make me shorter. So if I like them. I'm going to wear them!" Another close friend also said, "I will sacrifice my heels for no man!"

If that isn't confidence, then I don't know what is!

Banned Read only
    I'm six foot even. Yes, I do see some tall women. However, the majority of them are not as heavy as me (200 lbs). I still think us tall ones would do better among the Swedes. There is one benefit of being tall, whether male or female. When riding in a New York City subway car your nose is not in someones armpit. Pity those who are five foot two.

Im 6,1/2ish and it's ok but i rarely every wear heels. I see tall women every so often and when i do i look at how they dress more as well it's good to get style tips from other people with a similarish body shape.

Traci,

I to catch myself looking at taller women. I am 5'-11 1/2" and scared I stand out, but when I see taller women I am very envious.
    They are always thinner and more graceful.

Prene

I must admit I've always paid attention to tall women, especially since I am 5'12" myself.
    At first it was just to see others reactions. Women sometimes look, but guys always do and usually stare if she is attractive and has a nice figure as well. I always had this tinge of fear in the back of my mind about going out due to my height and then just said "Oh Well, let them look".
    Now mostly I look at tall women just to see what they are wearing and see if I can add something to my "look" that I didn't think of before.

Yes, people look, some stare but I no longer care. I can't change my height so I just don my heels and ignore them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Women no matter how tall or short, seem to have an innate sense of grace and balance that most of us just can't duplicate. Maybe it is because they have had their whole life to develop.
    It's not particularly the make- up or the clothing, but more the confidence and grace (more of an aura) that a GG possesses. Then again I've met some sisters who have mastered it and are much more likely to successfully blend.
    I think your over-generalizing. I was out of town on travel for all of January at another corporate location. I saw a lot of women, who were clearly women, but had no grace at all. I saw one "man" who was wearing a pink backpack. I was about to joke with "him" about wearing a backpack with such a girly color, until on closer inspection, I determined that "he" was really a "she". At least I think so.

I saw another "girl" in the cafeteria who was over 6 feet. At first, I was like, "Wow." However, as I got closer, I noticed that she was wearing very heavy makeup. Maybe a trans woman. I'm still not sure. I couldn't get a second look without being obvious, so I just thought, "You go, girl (or trans girl)."

Look around, and I think you'll find feminine men and manly women abound.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When u can't pass and don't care to blend like me? Stuff like hand/foot size or height doesn't matter at all!

Most vanillas see me as a man in a dress.
    But, if I like what I see in my mirror? I'm good with that! I dress for me and no one else.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When your cross dressing is confined to your house my height and how high my heels are really isn't an issue...except when I chop off my head in what I thought was going to be a perfect series of photos and don't notice until I am undressed and viewing the photos on the computer.

I'm 6' and 180 lbs.

I love tall women, I fondly refer to them as amazon women and my wife is one of them. I love it when she wears heels and is taller than me. Her being taller than me definitely supports my feminine tendency to be looked after and submissive. I simply just love it when her arm goes around my shoulder and mine goes around her waist. That gets me every time.

I feel that tall women do stand out and are beautiful. So for me I'm conscious of other people looking as I feel I would! Most likely the reality is they are looking at me because I'm a man in drag that is self conscious and it's all in my head.

So I do what my friends here suggest, ignore it, own it and enjoy myself. The bigger the smile, the more fun you will have. Go for it.

I have GG friends that are taller then me and wear heels all the time . I have to wear 5 inch heels just to try and keep up, I'm 5-11. Last night at the bar I'm playing pool ,one of my shoes comes apart. A friend of mine needs a ride home it's like 2 blocks, I asked my bestie if she wouldn't give him a ride home and pick up my bra that I left there, nothing happened. Then go by my car parked outside her house and pick me up a pair of shoes. I'm walking around without shoes, I felt kind of funny because my bestie who's shorter than me I was eye level. I am almost always in heels everybody knows it. I have fun, just get out and enjoy your life don't worry about the small stuff.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 04-15-2017 at 11:58 AM.