Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long have you gone without dressing?

Platinum Member
    Longest stretch ...5 years between my first and second marriages.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Christmas time was bad ... 4 whole days. There was a time some years ago that I stopped for 3.5 years after my ex told me she was leaving me for a real man.

Let me see here... since 1975, i've likely lost ( forced or stuck in drabman position) 12 years of unhappy polyester existence...that would mean out of 42 years I only held on to 30 tolerable ones. All of the "lost" years were spread out, not one continuous 12 year run...
    Michelle, I once also heard the "real man" garbage... That one turned out a complete disaster for my oh so lucky ex! ha! Karma the bitch rules apply

Platinum Member
    Hi Shirley, Kind of like Kelly, For me 18 hours......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me the longest stretch was about 12 years. Was busy with life, kids, work, did not really feel the urge or need to dress. I has come back with a vengeance that last two years. As I purged during the 12 year drought I need to obtain a complete new wardrobe.

Karen

About one year. That was when I was in the service and could only dress on leave.

In my younger years (16 years old or younger) I seemed to have a 4 year cycle. Dress up, get caught, forced purge, 4 years later I'd do it again.

Mid-life maybe dress every couple of months.

Now it's panties 24/7 so I'm not dressed for as long as it takes to have a shower.

Well, I only started under-dressing in mid 2012, and fully dressing in mid 2014. I'm single and can dress fully whenever I want to, but aiming for maybe a 50/50 balance between time spent as my male and female sides. Budget restrictions and other reasons limit me to more like 30% female, right now, though most of my social time is spent as a woman.

Since I first started under-dressing in 2012, I've been under-dressing almost every single day, wearing panties under my male clothes. After mid 2014 I threw out almost all of my male underwear. So if you count under-dressing, then only 24 to 36 hours or so at the longest, without getting the panties back on. And for the past year or more, even in male mode, my jeans and often my belt and shoes and coat have also been female clothing, though I choose low-key stuff that can pass at a casual glance for either way.

As far as full-on dressing, with wig and breast forms and definitely all female clothes and shoes, I try to do that every week, and often several times per week. I think the longest I have gone between full-on 'girly days' has been maybe three weeks, since mid 2014.

It's very rare that I don't at least wear panties, but it's been a while, at least 2 months, since I dressed fully. Today the spouse works until 5 and I got off at noon. At last... A couple of hours wearing a bra, panties and a dress. Yay!

My longest stretch was probably almost a year and when the kids were growing up dress up sessions were only a couple of times a year. The arrangement with my wife now is that once a month seems to prevent me from getting grumpy.

About 25 years. I lost interest in my early 20s only for the desire to come back 2.5 years ago. I thought I was cured but it was just dormant.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Banned Spammer
    Since I've started doing it properly, well it's going to be ten days.
    I miss it really badly.

About 11 years post puberty, and then almost another decade later on - lack of privacy and timidity about shopping being the big obstacles.

Well as I mentioned in my introduction post I stopped cross dressing for about 22 years. This was to save my marriage. Since I started again there has been up to 3 months between opportunities.

I dress to some extent EVERY day. I never think about NOT being dressed and hope I never have to go full male ever again.

I first dressed when I was 7, then at 17 and then waited until I was 67, so 50 years. I've been dressing pretty steady since for the past 5 years. I guess my life just got in the way and I find I'm much happier now.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I had one of those "This isn't me, I'm not a sissy, I need to be a man, Ok from this day forth I won't CD anymore" moments in 2012 that lasted 63 days. I never purged so i guess deep down I knew I wasn't gonna be free. From that point on I just accepted that there are things that are too enjoyable to pass up and vowed to myself not to try and suppress the urges.

Since Becky 'emerged' 12 years ago, she left me for 3 years, it was then almost a year after she came back before I managed to dress. So that would make it 4 years.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

6 months while travelling post University in the early 90s. School holidays since having kids, though I always sleep in a silk camisole and French nickers.

About 4 years, way too long.

Been dressing since my early teens. Have un-erasable memories of obsessively caressing hosed legs since toddling. Longest I've gone without dressing was 4 days … Hospital stay. Gown doesn't count because there were no hose to give it that flare.

'Without dressing' isn't the key. It's how long you actually go without noticing the desire to do it. For a lot of us, I suspect the desire doesn't actually go away; we just repress it subconsciously, to the point we don't really notice it's there. Our minds take care of that for us, sort of the same way we breath without thinking about that, either. What happens to us, is that something gives way; like a dam holding the flood waters back, to the point where the water spills over the top. Too much stress of some kind makes our minds get busy taking care of other things, and the desire to crossdress is no longer held in the background, and appears to suddenly 'return with a vengeance' so to speak. Then we do it, the guilt makes us feel bad about it, further escalating the stress on us which keeps the desire to crossdress in our minds some more.

That said, the longest I went was a little over ten years. It was when I was dating through when I got married, in stable relationships, no trouble at work. It was when 'life was good'; no money troubles, no work troubles, just little common problems. When I lost my job it when the problems started, and within two years, I was crossdressing again. I've since taken time off from crossdressing a few times (for several months), but the desire never went away, I just didn't indulge in dressing up.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.