Thread: Horror story?

Horror story?

No not this time, but Just as I began to get tired of fighting the good fight, keeping a stiff upper lip and so on an incident happens that makes it all worth while. I was out cruising' around to my fave garden/produce stands looking for some early Jersey Fresh asparagus(which I did find) and while browsing the small assortment of flowers that can be planted now a woman came along side me and said "excuse me but your hair looks lovely and I love the style"(sorry ladies no bangs this time) and as I always do look her in the eye and say "thank-you" with this my voice gives me away and she immediately apologizes while looking at my "outfit" as if to say "but your wearing a skirt". Now I should say(as if anyone doesn't know) I'm dressed some what femininely in a ladies button down linen shirt, skirt of course(maxi) and my 1" grasshopper canvas loafers, with a touch of make-up(which I now do when not in work of course).I opted for no breasts but I seem to have an almost natural A cup, and of course my "J" shaped earrings. I don't think I look like a woman but evidently others do. Well back to my encounter, I tell her there's no need to feel bad I know that I must look like a female from afar and she says that I even "moved" in a feminine manor and so started the usual why do you do it? to which I offered if she wanted we could go get a cup of coffee somewhere and I could answer her questions and maybe have some small talk, I wasn't surprised that she denied my request, not knowing this "strange" man and all but said that maybe we would see each other at some other time at the market buying plants and flowers and could have a conversation then, to which I replied that I would look forward to it and I hope it would happen. We smiled that "girl" smile and both gave a fingers wave and went about our business as if a chance meeting of two women out doing what they like to do. Maybe next time I'll be presenting full on female and we can have that cup of coffee. Just when you need a lift in spirits stuff happens, oh yeah I bought some "Pansies" to brighten up my beds, how appropriate or ironic? Thing is how comfy I feel when out and about that I forget about the "Muggles" and their perceptions of a man who presents as female or less manly in dress and deportment. I guess I'm hooked it's too late for me save yourselves from all the fun. Just had to write my day, enjoy.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Nice story Allisa, I hope that one day I bump into you at the market. I would live to go for coffee and some girl chat. LOL but it is nice to know how you have become comfortable with who you are. I hope to get there some day.

Rachel

Platinum Member
    Not in the least horrific. I've never quite had the experience as you described yourself ...when I've been out, I've gone all out to present entirely female, despite my physical limitations. But, I would guess that most people I meet know within seconds that I'm not GF. I've seldom had a " why do you do it conversation with a stranger.' But its worth it. I think each such "touch" improves life for all of us.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 04-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks for sharing! A great experience! Too bad she did not have coffee with you! Maybe next time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I enjoyed reading your post Alisa, it brought cheer to my day and hope that I might follow in your footsteps (calmly offering to discuss/educate) someday. Thanks for sharing.

Karen