Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smoking

smoking

Do any of you girls smoke while dressed and never in guy mode. I feel so relaxed I smoke when dressed and never smoked growing up i was not even casual smoker

Banned Read only
    I somke all ways since about 14. Well 9 first but was caught after a few times then. I've chewed my fingers until they bleed for as long. However, since dressing again, i've stopped the chewing. I've tried all sorts to stop smoking, including the prescription medicne champix. Plenty of motivation. Births, deaths... just never managed to quit entirely.

I have the bad habit. And it has been one of my feminine giveaways. Back before my own acceptance and when I was not CDing, an ex girlfriend once said I smoked like a girl. I had never thought about how I smoked. Then I literally had to start watching how girls smoked vs guys smoked. I even hit the web for the "difference" and sure as sugar I smoke like a girl.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

So, there is part of the answer to what may be part of your question as well!

"I feel so relaxed"

I grab a glass of Chardy! and yes Sandin that is sure to send me to my grave early! But the relaxation factor is there for me and I really get into my comfort zone. I don't smoke anymore but did for ten years so I can understand the feeling, Nice skirt, legs crossed, Chardy in one hand & Cigarette in the other!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

In guy mode it was a pipe and sometimes cigar as dad liked them. I don't like cigs or cigars. pipes are fine. But too many images of people hacking and barely breathing from years of smoking. Wife has allergy to smoke so had to quit. Kid next door uses tok's to relax but has not worked for him. He has like a hangover all the time from tok relaxing.

Now for relaxing a char/reisling/pinot with minidress/chemise -- you can't touch that...
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Funny, but while I smoke cigars in guy mode, I tend to not smoke when dressed as Linda.

I did take some cigarillos to Southern Comfort my first time and did smoke some of them during the conference but I didn't finish the pack and I still have some over 10 years later!

I can't think of another occasion where I smoked as Linda. I just don't feel like it. I guess it doesn't fit in with my mental image of my feminine self.

I quit smoking 2 years ago! As Lana Mae, I never smoked! Quit drinking alcohol a good while ago! Dressing relaxes me! I do not need anything else to help! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I quit smoking 24 years ago. Since then on just a couple of occasions I bought a pack of VS to use as props for taking some heavy makeup smoking pics, which I and some others find exciting. After the photo session, I threw away the remaining VS.

Quit smoking a few years ago and it was NOT easy to quit. I don't recommend starting. I think most smokers started out like you (I only smoke when I _______) but your body and brain chemistry doesn't know the difference so it's real easy for it to progress out of hand. Please be careful with your health.

Platinum Member
    Nope. I work in the health field and, like most people, have witnessed the consequences of smoking for people that I loved. I find nothing sexy or relaxing in handling a burning roll of tobacco, and strongly advise anyone against smoking for any reason whatsoever. If you don't start, you won't have to quit.

As someone else suggested, have a nice Chardonnay and leave your lip prints on a wine glass instead of a cigarette filter.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Smoking? No. A horrible, disgusting, smelly, and dangerously unhealthy habit!

The last time I tried using cigarettes as props in a shoot I lit my glove on fire and, nearly my wig, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm with the Doc on this one. I did smoke for some years a long, long time ago. I never really enjoyed it and it made me feel awful. Looking back I cannot believe I did it.
    I recently saw an clip of an old Johnny Carson show and he had an ashtray on the table in front of his guests and one of them lit a cigarette and began to blow smoke all around the other guests. Looking back from the current more or less smoke free era to see that behavior was a great shock.It used to make clothes and hair stink badly.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I quit about a year ago and it wasn't all that hard to do.
    I caught a cold and they tasted bad you smokers all know how that is.
    Never picked up the habit after the cold cleared up.
    I will never tell someone not to smoke, its their choice if they do or don't.
    I will not get all pissed and get in someones face and demand they stop because I can smell it or act offended like some people do.

what does smoking have to do with crossdressing?

Platinum Member
    Ordinarily, I would say yes...to each her own. But I will at least once give anyone I care about the lecture on smoking. I cannot do otherwise in good conscience, having watched too many people die long, slow, miserable deaths from smoking induced lung cancer, prostate cancer, throat cancer, esophageal cancer, COPD and heart disease.

No, I won't bother trying to influence people I don't care about, but I also won't put up with nonsensical dismissals of the hazards posed by tobacco. Ive heard them all, and they don't hold water. Johnny Carson is a great illustration....he died very prematurely of COPD, despite having access to the very best medical care. But the list is very much longer...celebrity or anonymous, the outcome is all too often the same.

Thanks to my dad, grandpa, and brother in law with their excessive smoking I absolutely hate cigarettes, so no I don't smoke at all.

I smoked for many years as did the SO, and we tried to quit many ways but when she coughed up part of her lung I never smoked another. Don't start it's not worth it.

I believe in personal choice, so smoking is up to each of you but I do not think it is attractive for cross-dressers -- or anyone else. Just for the "record", given my belief in freedom of choice on this and most issues, this will likely be my one and only time on the soapbox.

I grew up with both parents smoking -- car trips (windows were always up because it is HOT in Texas) were tough, but "we" did not know any better. Same was true for the house -- windows were almost always closed. Years later, I was tested after repeated respiratory problems and turns out that I am "(highly) allergic to smoke". Oh well.

I have also visited relatives in the ICU having to have theirs lungs suctioned to help them breath and seen the contents deposited into a jar next to the bed. Ugh! Then, I watched over the next few years as they struggled to get a breath -- even with oxygen tanks hooked up.

None of the above is meant to persuade anyone, just give you the basis for my position. So, if you don't smoke or can stop, I think you will be happier in the long-run.

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    I got through periods of smoking and not smoking, i'll often quit for a year or more and then pick it up on a drunken night out.
    Always hand rolled though as i cannot stand Machine Rolled.

When i was dressing at Uni i often used to enjoy smoking dressed, and i'd roll them long and thin (they have special papers for that!)
    Last edited by Francene Lola Dupree; 04-17-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I smoke regardless of how I'm dressed.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I can not speak for the younger dressers here, but as I grew up smoking was always advertised as glamerous with beautiful woman. Smoking while dressed was a turn on and still is. I keep trying to quit, but every time I dress I fall backward.

So in that regard, crossdressing can be harmful to your health! I finally quit smoking for good... I hope. Over the years, I would get started again out of boredom. It was my biggest vice for most of my life.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I quit smoking years ago and have to admit I loved smoking in fem, I would hold the cigarette in such a feminine way. Now I will have a cigarillo which is also thin and I don't inhale it but hate the smell in my clothes and wig afterwards.

Aspiring Member
    I have had a strong link between dressing and smoking for years. Starting last fall though I used a series of affirmations and denials to break the link, and stop damaging my health. It is tough as I have regressed twice, and feel badly for that choice. Health wise, my body is so much happier without the smoking poisons and nicotine addiction.

Growing up in the fifties and sixties smoking was everywhere, glamorized and beautiful women smoked. Watch Mad Men for the culture. And my parents and their friends all smoked heavily and I grew up in a nicotine saturated environment. Honestly, I think I was born addicted. Fortunately my health is excellent, to keep it that way I choose not to smoke.

I have no desire to smoke.
    Cigarettes are poison.

Thanks, good thread, good timing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Francene Lola Dupree View Post
    I got through periods of smoking and not smoking, i'll often quit for a year or more and then pick it up on a drunken night out.
    Always hand rolled though as i cannot stand Machine Rolled.

When i was dressing at Uni i often used to enjoy smoking dressed, and i'd roll them long and thin (they have special papers for that!)
    U make hand rolled sound like a good thing, Francene. However, unfiltered cigarettes r MANY TIMES more harmful than the filtered ones. I played with smoking when I was young to look cool. Borrowed them from my equally drunk, smoker friends. Then, dipped the filters in my beer before mouth puffing on those devilish killers----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!