Thread: Thank You

Thank You

You do not know me but I have been coming for advice to this site for years. I have been a transgendered woman my entire life but always lacked the courage to do something about it. I tried most of my life to live as a male and kept this fact, that I was really a woman at heart, a deeply held secret. Many of you will be able to relate to the fact that as we get older it seems to get more and more difficult to keep up such a facade. This was me too as there was nothing that I wanted more than to live life fully as a woman. By this time though I had a wonderful wife and two amazing children. Fast forward a few more years and I realized that I was always unhappy and it was starting to effect my relationship with my wife and children. By this time my wife and children also knew that I was transgender and thankfully were always there for me. This is also around the time when I found this site. I came here often to read the advice given by some of you who had already been through these stages in transition and were able to address other people's issues in intelligent and thoughtful ways. I never felt qualified to answer any questions others had and still felt uncomfortable asking my own. I learned so much from so many of you and want to sincerely thank you for the fact that you took time out from your lives to answer questions and help others deal with their issues.
    After a lot of soul searching and long discussions with my family, and in very large part thanks to the things I learned from many of you here and the courage so many of you displayed in pursuing your own transitions, I finally found the courage to make the decision to transition as well. So ten months ago I started on hormones and I am grateful to say that I've never been happier. I am still about a year away from living fulltime as a woman but already the world has become a much brighter place for me. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making that happen. In the future I hope to be more active on this site and perhaps even get to know some of you better by actually corresponding with you here. Perhaps in times I will even start to feel qualified to help others like many of you have helped me over the years.
    thank you all so much
    Sara

What a terrific message. Good luck, Sara Nicole.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Sara, I wish you luck and a transition that goes as smoothly as possible. I'm sure that there will be bumps in your road, but hopefully they will be easy to surmount.

I'll remember you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Sara,

I feel the same way you do. I just found this site recently and it has already helped me. I too have a wife and a children. I'm on HRT but my path to transition is a lot slower and not as clear for me. I'm still trying to find the right path for me. Go luck on you journey. But I second the Thank you to the site, it is helpful!!