Thread: Feminizing male glasses?

Question Feminizing male glasses?

Hi gals,

I just joined this wonderful community (I'll post an introduction soon...) and I've got a question for you all.

Is there anything I can do as a quick fix / enhancement to feminize my male glasses? I used to be able to wear contacts but can't anymore.

Ideally I'd order a more feminine pair, but I need something in the short term.

I was considering getting some of those small charms they put on fingernails, but didn't want to go overboard, and don't want to permanently attach anything since these go with my male persona too.

Any suggestions?

Beaded Eye Glass Lanyard

I spent three two hour sessions at my local Optometrists shop and countless hours with imaging. This has been in the past week! And I've made it clear that I dress! It would appear that gender blending is not so easy with spectacles ( easy with my big red sunglasses ) but honestly from what I've learnt lately, try to build a look around them, But I would glam them up ( they weren't designed to be glammed up ) WE WERE!

A style will just POP up one day, and go with that!

So, I'm self obsessed and still wear men's specs. My thoughts are "just wear them as if you own them" and forget they are there!
    No Sparkles!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Dip them in glitter?

Banned Spammer
    Pink electrical tape lol

What do they look like? That would be helpful to know. Got a pic or a link to their page on the brand's website?
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Banned Read only
    Ask a girl to wear them?

If non prescription will work, any drug store have many styles. I have 4 pair...2 sunglasses, one, clear, and one for reading.

my contacts bother my eyes after too long as well which is awful cuz I am just really starting to experiment with blending in a few touches like clear mascara and light eye makeup under my eyes to hide bags and make my eyes pop.
    The last time I went into a shop for eyeglasses I was trying on pairs hoping to find something not overtly masculine that would look cute in drab mode. I finally found some that were lightly purple and had little flowery designs on the frames. My wife didn't notice the flowers and thought that they framed my face well. When I was trying them out the SA said oh no you don't want those, those are women's glasses and pointed out the flowers. My wife had honestly not noticed them and the SA was just trying to be nice so that I did not come back angry later, but I would have been too embarrassed at that point to push for them.
    I have bought my glasses at zenni.com and gotten them super cheap, I'll never go to a shop again if I can avoid it.
    I have not tried again to find something feminine / cute in the glasses dept but now I may have to do some window shopping online for frames.
    I think my last 2 pairs were between 20-40 bucks with shipping , but they do take several weeks to ship so you need to be willing to wait.

Pretty much wearing glasses all my life I have seen the trends in eyewear change slightly over the years. These days the frames for men and women are so interchangeable it really doesn't make a difference. The only thing I could see as a game changer is if the frames were pink (and that even isn't a guarantee). If feminizing an existing pair is the only option, you could do what my daughter did with a old pair of frames I had. She took the lenses out (her sight isn't bad) and placed a small metallic decal on the frame itself. Many of her friends complimented her on the frames not realizing that they were my old frames.

Hope this helps.

Banned Spammer
    An old work colleague who probably wasn't a dresser used to wear pink frames from the women's section.
    They actually really suited him

Lizl, I wear rimless glass when en-femme.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by KPhenil View Post
    Pretty much wearing glasses all my life I have seen the trends in eyewear change slightly over the years. These days the frames for men and women are so interchangeable it really doesn't make a difference. The only thing I could see as a game changer is if the frames were pink (and that even isn't a guarantee). If feminizing an existing pair is the only option, you could do what my daughter did with a old pair of frames I had. She took the lenses out (her sight isn't bad) and placed a small metallic decal on the frame itself. Many of her friends complimented her on the frames not realizing that they were my old frames.

Hope this helps.
    I got my glasses at VisionWorks during a 2-for-1 sale. Gray frames for me, pink frames for Steffi. The SAs did try to talk me out of the pink frames because they were girl's. I stubbornly resisted, and ultimately, the customer is always right. I have a pinkish face, and the pink frames almost disappear. I think I could wear them in boy mode.

I got these straps (Croakies, I think) for my glasses, gray for my glasses, pink for Steffi's.

https://croakies.com/product-category/retainers/
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.