Thread: A Special Afternoon

A Special Afternoon

Today I did not have to work so decided that I would like to spend a day shopping at the mall, browsing stores and dreaming of all the clothes and shoes that I would like to buy but shouldn't. It was wonderful, the experience enhanced by the fact that I'm slowly becoming more confident being out in public dressed as a woman. I then received a phone call from my parents inviting me to stop by for a cup of coffee and a slice of homemade cake. Hard to turn down. I was a bit concerned about the visit because my parents had only ever met Sara once before and although that visit went well it wasn't too long ago that they were very much against my decision to transition. So with trepidation in my heart I decided to forge ahead because I fully plan to be Sara full time in about a years time thus reasoning seeing me as Sara would hopefully help them adjust to the new me. My mothers cake was delicious as always and there seemed to be no awkward moments for the entirety of my visit. At one point my mother was looking thoughtfully at me then commented " You know this isn't going to be so bad. I think I will have no problem getting used to seeing you like this all the time." A little later there was a similar moment with my dad where he looked at me then said " You know, to be honest, you actually make a more attractive woman than you do a man. And I don't mean that in a negative way in terms of how you look as a man I just mean that you look quite pretty". I was very flattered and very happy that I had gone through with my afternoon visit with my parents. Just a happy moment in my life that I wanted to share with all of you. I know we all hear, all too often, about all the rejection that so many of us face from friends and loved ones. I still have many of those stories too but they are pretty typical of what most of you have encountered so not worth telling. Oh and the attached photo was how I looked today during my visit with my parents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    These moments are priceless. I'm happy for you. Thank you for sharing
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I hope that visit powers smiles for you all week, Sara. Wonderful story.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Platinum Member
    That was wonderful!

Some just have it good. If I dressed as Michelle in front of my parents well , crap would hit the fan. To put it mildly. So enjoy what you have so few of us do.

Great story -- congratulations! Acceptance by a few key people in your life makes all the difference. I'm very happy for you. Every time I read a story of people being rejected by their loved ones, my heart breaks a little. Every time I read a story of acceptance I relive the joy of my being accepted again. Thank you for that.

Michelle -- I spent years thinking that if I came out to my brother I'd lose him. It turns out he's better than that. I should have had more trust; given him more credit. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Pat; 04-19-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    Great story, so glad to hear this story of acceptance!!

Sara, that was really nice and they accepted you.Really a nice post.
    Part Time Girl

Michelle, when my parents first learned that I was transgender and wished to transition crap did hit the fan - big time. For a few weeks I couldn't even talk to them I was so upset about some of the things they'd said to me. Very hurtful things. But then they educated themselves as to what being transgender really was and in time they came around to being more supportive towards me. Truthfully I was still very worried about what would happen when they actually were to see me as Sara but you know the old saying "Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained". What I'm trying to say to you in a round about way is that your parents may very well support you if you give them a chance.