Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to be a girl during boyhood?

Getting to be a girl during boyhood?

One of our members oh so briefly mentioned summers getting to be a girl, and I have to admit that is something I really wished I could have done.

If anyone here had the experience of parents, sisters, relatives, or friends letting them be a girl when a child for an hour a day, or a summer, please share your story- the good and the bad.

Thanks!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    Phili apparently you haven't read my bio about when I started being a girl, I was always dressed like my twin sister and that is why I am now 24/7/365 a girl, or young lady now.
    Pattie

I wanted to be a girl when I was 4-6 but no! I was a good boy through out my life! (Except the few panty wearing episodes!) Then when the wife past away the pink fog came on like a tidal wave! Unfortunately, my dressing has been curtailed somewhat and I am 90% male and 10% female at this time(was 70-30)! Underdressing to keep away despondency! If I had been allowed at 4-6, I would probably be 24/7/365 also, but that means my children would not have been born and my wife...what would she have done? I am not unhappy with my life but a little disappointed in my dressing time! GD can be a bitch! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Phili,
    My dressing started with a bang at the age of 8-9 and after that I couldn't wait to raid the airing cupboard with a selection of clothes given to my mother or sister. My sister was also into ballroom dancing so she had a couple of full petticoats to add the full bounce under the lovely full skirts. I really did like dressing up when left alone, it's never really gone away, only now it's far more enjoyable going out dressed .

Silver Member
    My two older sisters made me their third little sister. Taught me to dress and dance like they did. My mother worked and they were in charge. Leaned to do makeup. Being slight and short for a guy I could easily wear my sisters hand me downs. We went to the movies as sisters.

Once again, 'getting to be a girl' is romanticized here, only the pleasant things get thought of and mentioned. 'Having to be a girl' is a completely different experience.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Since I didn't begin dressing, or even think about it, until I was age 50+ I never thot about being a girl until then either. But, I never let THAT stop me-------

IMG_1181 (2) (569x640).jpg
    Easter morning 2013
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lexi, I feel what your saying here, didn't wanna walk over that. I did read your story as well.
    As to the topic, I didn't start to really understand this part of my life out until my late teens. It's then the fantasies ran amok. I had to start slowly, as opportunities and fiances wouldn't allow any other way...Been building a better me for over 40 years and counting. Wondered however what might be different if I'd gone back further.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    Surely that's the point of Phili's thread she wants to know if any of us experienced the girly side at a young age .

posted several other times...spent a lot of time when I was very young (under 8) wearing my older sisters night things when it was cold out ( I was a sickly child). Even remember a 8mm movie of my Sis and me one Christmas morning...we're walking into the living room and I was wearing one of my Sisters old white flannel gowns. Camera quickly stops and next I'm in my dark blue robe but the bottom 4-6 inches of "my" gown ruffle were still showing under the hem. I've seen many pictures of me wearing her old romper outfits around that time and earlier. Then spent 3 weeks when I was 11 with my Aunt (who "created" Jennifer) wearing nothing but and living life as a girl. Then, when I turned 15 I was living that summer with my Grand Parents and spent nearly all of it as Jennifer. They even tried to get my folks to let me stay and go to school there and "help" them around the property (and all the while stay as Jennifer) but my parents wanted me home. That was the last time I had any extended time as Jennifer till I went to college. Got married at 20 and spent from 21 to just turned 26 living as a woman. That what your asking?

This is excruciating! There is so much detail to be shared so we can get an idea of what it was like!

Here are some storytelling prompts:
    Set the scene-describe the place and time,
    Add lots of details that are personal- your favorite dress or activity, things people said or did
    Share the conflicts/successes- what worked well and what didn't for you at the time
    Come into the present- now how do you feel about those days?

This was always a dream of mine- and I'd love to hear enough to feel I have a good idea of how it was for those who lived it.
    We are all beautiful...!

Trying to understand

Hi Jennifer,
    I guess you could write a book, considering how much happened in all that time. Being 15 and spending a summer as a girl seems quite extraordinary, and I'm wondering what the conversations were like, what you did all day, who you hung out with, how you felt about it.

Was this completely separate from your home life situation, Did your parents know? Approve? Ever mention it? What made your grandparents make this possible? Did you just ask or did they say - well now you're going to be/can be at last a girl like you/we want?

Do you mean by your last statement that you are now living as a woman?
    We are all beautiful...!

Silver Member
    To Jennifer in CO ... I'd love to hear more details of your summer dressing with your aunt and grandmother. More specifically, WHY they did it! I'm guessing they were sisters, and if so, did CDing run in their family? Should be an interesting story, if you know details, and can share.

Growing up, we lived next door to a nice family with two daughters about my age. . My first experience involved being invited to play with them when they played "dress up". It looked like fun so I joined them. They helped me dress, put makeup on me along with dresses, etc. on me. It was a lot of fun...no big deal... until I put on my first pair of hose. WOW ! I'll never forget the wonderful feelings I felt. Then I tried on a pair of high heels. To this day, we marvel how well I walk in heels Yes, we played together..often. Next came Mom's lingerie...the rest is history.

Banned Spammer
    Guess I am a late bloomer.
    Dressed as a teen to get off but grew into it and now I feel I am becoming more female.
    Do I wish I was a girl growing up?

No.
    I am me now BECAUSE of my experiences.
    I DO wish I had the learnt female traits of growing up as I often WANT to be a female, but would I trade my boyhood for growing up as a girl? Nope. Never

I never GOT to be a girl (except once in my teens).
    In fact, my parents long suspected me of being a natural sissy and did everything possible to beat me in another direction. Literally. Dad (God bless him) was the worst about not having a ____ as his eldest son. Fill in your own blank.
    I was attracted to girls and girly things as a young child, but not such a hit when it counted (teenage). I was attracted to Mom's makeup more than clothing. As a pubescent teen, (being forced into manly sports and adventures for my own good), I was a fop. Parents knew it, and they went out of their way to avoid the girly path for me.
    Then it happened.
    In high school we had a fall event called Powder Puff. The class women played the football game and the men played the role of cheerleaders and contestants for "homecoming Powder Puff Queen". As a football player I was picked to be one of the cheerleader contestants. Everyone knew this kind of dressing drag was for fun and comedy, not serious. My Mom, blessed her heart, dressed me as seriously as a girl could be dressed. She went for the authentic look, not a clownish presentation (like the other boys). She put one of her own wigs on me. Did a real makeup job. And I wore one of her gold dresses. The works.
    The results were stunning. Not only did I see myself as beautiful (in that form) for the first time, it was the first full realization that I was (and still am) a dead-ringer for my Mom. That "news" had an impact on me.
    First time I ever GOT to be the girl. Little did they know........
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

The VERY short version of the "beginning"...
    Mom and Dad went on a 2nd honeymoon. Sis went to a friends house and I went to my cousins. Dropped me off, suitcase stayed in the car. The first "event" was later that day when my cousins were playing in the sprinkler and pool and I had to watch. The offer was on the table to wear the only swimsuit available, a purple bikini, and since my Aunt ran a beauty parlor from her home she didn't want it looking like she was allowing half naked little girls running around the place. Top or no pool. So I relented.
    Next day, got my cousin (same age as me) to help me play a "trick" on my Aunt...by dressing me totally as a girl. Aunt said that if she'd had another girl she would have been Jennifer so thats how I became "me". All my Aunt did was say we needed to go shopping and the next thing I was in the car...dressed as a girl. No one pointed at the boy in a dress, no one made a big deal of it so we all ended up enjoying it.
    Over the next 3 weeks I stayed there I got to be a pretty good "girl". When my Mom finally came to get me my Cousin and I were playing in the back yard. Mom's comment was she said she thought she had dropped off a little boy (I was wearing a shorts/romper set, had painted finger nails and barrettes in my hair). Mom not happy...But I drove her crazy for skirts/dresses, panties, etc for months.
    That Halloween she let me go as a girl under the condition I "go all the way". I have recently shared that post on another thread so wont here. The following year for the 6th grade play I ended up in a dress then going to my Granddads funeral so dressed (see "The Play" posted on Big Closet)
    Not much happened between then and the summer I turned 15 other than raiding Sis's pantie drawer every now and then, sneaking shorts, tops or a bikini to wear in our pool when no one else was home, etc. Heres an early age DADT/Mom's know everything for ya - It wasn't till many years later that I realized the bikinis I was "sneaking" out were probably mine. It never clicked at the time that the bikinis that I thought were my Sisters would have had to have been bought/used by her when we didn't have the pool. Not to mention that I didn't remember her wearing them... When I was 15 will follow, but its a lot harder to shorten up...

It's like having a twin Stacey G's Avatar
    My mom always had a sundress for me to wear during the warmer months. I remember asking, "why can't I wear this to the store?"

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I seem to remember being able to dress as a girl at school for Halloween one year. I remember enjoying the whole feeling all day.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattie View Post
    Phili apparently you haven't read my bio about when I started being a girl, I was always dressed like my twin sister and that is why I am now 24/7/365 a girl, or young lady now.
    Pattie
    Wow, you're such a lucky girl Pattie!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I was in Grade 6 and I got caught dressing. My mom asked me if I wanted to be a girl, but I felt scared. I really wish I would have run with it... who knows how life would be different today.

My step dad used to punish me by making me dress in my sisters clothes then i had to wash his shorts.he came out of prison i was ten then he would sit me on our front porch all day.i had to sak to go to the bathroom. i would sit there and all the neighborhood kids would come by and make fun this went on for a few years

Aspiring Member
    My mother tried hard to make me into the little girl she always wanted.

Was it really that much of a Herculean effort on your mother's part, Jean? Sounds as if you and her were already on the same page, given the way you obviously progressed down this path over time...

Only when I could get away by myself.
    Angie

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    at around 5 and being the elder among 2 brothers, my mom caught me turning her lipstick and other cosmetics into crayons and paint on paper. she was so furious that she lectured and told me that she'd dress me up as a girl if i did it again. those words must have triggered the pink fog in me as years later, before or in my early teens i wanted and eventually wore her stockings. it started with stockings but ended up with every other piece of feminine clothing and makeup in her wardrobe.

how i wish that i has just played with her lipstick and makeup again when i was 5, maybe should would have softened up and made me a part time daughter.