Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing and narcissism

Aspiring Member
    I think I'm actually quite vain to begin with, but I don't think I'm hot enough to turn myself on. Truly I say to you - I don't even want to try. It's uncanny enough to recognise myself past the make-up and clothes. If someone gets aroused at an image of me I won't be there to see it either.

Nope. Not even when there was marked sexual component to my dressing, did I get a charge out of looking at myself. Don't get me wrong, I love getting pretty (and I use that term rather recklessly, I know) but it's about how I feel, not how I look to myself. Maybe that's splitting hairs, but to me it's all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtempel View Post
    Do any of you other ladies get turned on by yourselves when you are in femme? I almost always do. I love looking at the many pictures I've taken of myself while dressed and can't help but get sexually aroused. I often wonder if crossdressing is a form of narcissism. I welcome your thoughts
    I always get turned on both taking the pictures and looking at them. I

I don't think that what you are describing is a form of narcism, my lovely friend Teresa has a plausible explanation above and if its not that then maybe its simply a sexual kink, like so many others.

Of course there are narcissist CD's and narcissist trans people, just like in the general population.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I agree it isn't narcissism by the classical psychological definition but for me it is vanity and somewhat of an obsessive compulsive behaviour to look as female as possible. I can still get turned on looking at images of my femme self but as I have aged there is more pleasure in just trying to relax while trying to be as feminine as possible. As I have tried to explain to my spouse it is an escape into a different persona so contrary to my male side. Besides looking totally different she says I act much differently (the way I walk,sit etc.) and in fact this is one of the aspects she has had the most difficulty dealing with.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do not get turned on looking at my pics.
    Some people do I'm sure. If so they must have huge egos.
    Not the kind of people I would want to associate with.

Since I began to "seriously" crossdress I have found I favor mirrors more than ever before.
    I wouldn't call it narcissistic. It's more of a fascination with the image. But I love the way I look en femme.

And if I'm loving myself?....... darling,, it's about time.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesKairi View Post
    So, you'd sleep with yourself in girl form?
    Do it every night. You too if you sleep dressed.
    I have noticed a considerable amount of narcissism/exhibitionism in these threads; I'm more the shy/introverted type myself.
    Last edited by donnalee; 04-20-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Yes I think I am narcissistic sometimes.

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I cant stand it for too long.

Yep! I am so sexy......

Then I wake up and find it was all just a dream. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Often I get dress when I start getting aroused so it works both ways for me.

No, not even on the same page!

I will come across as someone which is very egotistical and very much in love with herself,
    " That's me "!

I love to pretty myself up and look nice but only get wet if someone else takes a liking to what they see!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I have always thought that there is a narcissistic element to my cross dressing. I once met a fellow cross dresser at the Philbeach Hotel in London, a favorite cross dresser's hangout. He told me that the first time he had a full makeover and saw himself in the mirror he became obsessed with the "she". Is that narcissism or a parahyllia or a bit of both as Teresa has suggested.