Thread: Feel like an Angel

Feel like an Angel

I've been dressing for decades. I'll never pass as a girl. I'm a guy.
    However, when I am wearing a flowing skirt, a floral maxi dress, bedazzled girl jeans, breastforms or anything feminine, I feel pretty, like I own the entire world. I feel complete, like the girl I'm supposed to be. All is right in the universe.
    However... if I see myself in the mirror- I am so disappointed, I see a man in a dress. It doesn't "crash" me as bad as it used to but it still looks odd. I see what my wife sees.
    Does anyone else feel this???
    Lace and Smiles,

Lisa

I suggest a transformation at one of the transformation services. You will be surprised at what they can do! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I did long ago, but decided to do something about it, so I sought help and advice from my wife. This, plus hours of enjoyable trying alternatives, makeup practice, etc. It takes time to dress, even for her. Then an hour later, I'd try something else. Ha .There are many helpful videos on YouTube. Or as Lana suggested, a make over. It always amazes me how, for both of us, much makeup can make such an astounding difference. Practice, practice, practice. Try it. Good luck.

Isnt it amazing how when we dress we feel like the most beautiful woman inside ourselves .im 59 yet i put on my clothes i feel like a young pretty woman .and i too have been there you look in the mirror and see a man ,but you can work on your look you can bring her out just keep trying.She is in you just like all of us.Have fun enjoy it .We are here for you

Aspiring Member
    Like yourself, I am nothing more than a man in a dress. I don't like the image I see in the mirror.
    I have learned that it really doesn't matter. The clothes are pretty and that makes me happy.

I see myself as the Native Americans called a "two spirit" person. Sorta like a modern We'wha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We%27wha

Yes Confucius!!! There are definitely two of me.......maybe more!!!!!

Lana Mae- I'm looking for a place in the Southeast for a makeover. Any ideas??

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I put up with a man in a dress in my mirror for a year. And, HATED IT!

The last 17 have been spent looking at a bunch of women there instead!

And, they get better looking all the time as I learn more tricks and techniques. Even tho I continue to age? For some reason Sherry doesn't!

I firmly believe if u want to look good bad enuff? U WILL!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ah, but there is a trick to using mirrors!!

People say that the image you see in the mirror can be disturbing because it is exactly that, a mirrored image! Your left side appear to be your right side and your right side appear to be your left, which is not at all how others see you.

So with that in mind, if you turn the mirror around so it is pointing away from you, right should again be right, and left is left! Much better.

I bet you wont feel nearly as bad about what you see if you try that!

Suzie

I get that feeling at times and so won't look in the mirror at all, or I will use my lippy mirror to just do my lips!

I still can't see what my wife sees, I think that she actually messes with our mirrors!

Still Stacy on the inside!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

FYI, what I do is move away from the mirror, go about my day letting my femme self flow free and take over my point of view then when seeing myself again I see a female version of myself not the "man". I don't try to look different just better(accentuate the good) and let my mind control my eyes. I sure am no beauty but what's inside, as you said, is what keeps me going.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    I feel the way you do. As if I could go out and conquer the world. Also like you, in the mirror I see the man in a dress. But for me, I feel dressed is my best look. I look and feel better in a dress or skirt than I ever have in a suit. I have been coached by some very fine sales ladies on what works on me and why it does, so I now have a good grasp on how to put together a tasteful, presentable outfit.

Yeah it can be when I have whiskers then it looks odd but when I shave and put makeup on. Wow what a difference. But we are men and we try to look like a woman. But the GG's they are the angles for us.
    Part Time Girl

It doesn't bother me seeinge myself in a mirror I still feel beautiful in my eyes I can't pass and don't try I'm happy the way I am.
    Angie

I used to be that way. I've been practicing with makeup and while I don't think I look like a beauty queen I think I look ok as a girl.

I feel like this so often, I wear the clothing but don't do makeup or wear a wig so when I look in the mirror that is all I see, what I've found though is that I'm wearing the wrong outfit for the day. As soon as I find the right clothing I fall in love with what I see.

One solution is to cover the mirrors, or just keep them out of sight. The only full length mirror I have is on the back of a door, so I just keep that one open so the mirror doesn't show. The bathroom mirror, I keep a portrait size picture on of a woman who looks like I would have liked to look when I was young. So any glance in that mirror area reflects back the image that I would like myself to be.
    Problem solved.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Lisa, I am like you. I love to dress up and I love the way they make me feel. However when I look in the mirror I am disappointed. I am just a man in a dress.

My response has been just to accept that I am a man in a dress and the dress feels so nice.

I keep using tools and practice to improve on my "situation". With the wife, and youtube as well, we go through make-up, hair styles, and a plethora of other useful tricks/tips.
    Also, I am an artist (sorta) and a professional photographer. I've spent the last umpteen years living in photoshop. I'll take my own head shots, and keep playing with doable things in photoshop until I hit upon something good...It does take a great deal of effort but, now and then I hit on something.Then I have to take this new idea into makeup, prosthetics, whatever will translate. A big plus is my wife who truly enjoys this...Lucky I am, I know.

i used to aswell but i just got really into learning how to do it the makeup and picking the right clothes that look good. etc. maybe i look odd to others still but at least when i look in the mirror i reckon i look ok!
    Last edited by XemmaX; 04-27-2017 at 05:43 AM.

I stopped cross-dressing for over 25 years and a little over a year ago the Pink Fog came back.
    I tried dressing up the way I did when I was in my twenties. Well I was disappointed to say the least.
    I started looking on the internet for a professional make-over and that's when I found this site.

Well rather than spend money for a make-over I decided to buy a nice wig (which is half the battle of looking fem) and learn how to due my own makeup.
    I watched quite a lot of, male to female make-overs and all kinds of make-over tutorials on YouTube.
    I found contouring with stick foundation so cool.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Get a professional makeover if you can, they will not only show you how good you can look, but if they are like the ones I have done, they will also show you how to make yourself look more feminine. It could be a combination of makeup, the right wig, and appropriate clothes.

To me the most important item is your wig, a cheap wig can often make a person look like a caveman.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec