Thread: Not total support but more than DADT

Not total support but more than DADT

Hi everyone,

Some here may know that my wife found out about my dressing a few months ago and that we are seeing a therapist and working or way through things.

Well we had another therapy appointment last week and it went well in my opinion. My wife isn't ready to see Elizabeth yet (she has seen pictures - that's a whole other story for another post) but her level of acceptance is growing.

My wife now accepts that my dressing is more than just underdressing, that I have a wardrobe and want to present as completely as I can when dressed and this includes makeup, wig, mannerisms etc.

She is the one who suggested that I keep my clothes in our closet (once we complete some remodeling which will include more closet space) instead of out in our barn.

She is trying to schedule time for her to be out so I have time to dress. This means that while she won't be actively participating, at least my dressing time will be with her full knowledge and cooperation.

Progress has been slow but I'm increasingly optimistic. We have another appointment next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading,
    Elizabeth

Platinum Member
    Sounds like genuine progress to me. Keep up the good work and the deliberate pace.

Elisabeth, That is great that she is going with you. And the DADT may better, maybe one day she will want to meet Elisabeth.
    Part Time Girl

Sounds like a good thing! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Beth, That's a great result. Best to you always

Platinum Member
    Hi Elizabeth, OK the ball is in her court now just go slow and let yourWife lead the way......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I think it's very understansing of her to allow your things in the home...
    If you're hiding in the barn as a starting point, that is somewhat of a handicapped position. At least now, two more usual humans are working towards a brighter future.

It is great that the two of you are making progress together. Remember this is a journey, not a quick trip. Be patient, go slowly, let your wife adjust at her own speed.
    Hugs, Carole