Thread: Living in Joliet, Illinios

Living in Joliet, Illinios

I'm sorry if this is not allowed here at it does not pertain exactly to Crossdressing. Although, it kind of does because if I decide to move there I will be set free from everyone knowing me and I will be able to persue it even more.

I was offered a job today in the Joliet, IL. area. I was told to name my number and he would see what he can do for me. So my question is kind of directed at anyone of my sisters that may live in that general area. What is the cost of living down there? What would I need to make to be comfortable? I mean this isn't a job that will make me rich, but the guy is trying to work with me because he really wants me. I don't want to shoot too low and I don't want to shoot to high either. Advise anyone???

That kinda depends on where you're coming from.. COL might be much cheaper than what you're used to now, or not.
    I'd say a good tool would be compare cost of rentals and real estate to where you are. That works most times, but certainly doesn't ring true to where I live.
    Compare some apt listings around town in diff areas and then do a Google Street view and see it from there.. mouse around and see if it's worth it.
    City data forums is always a fun place to perv as well.. I always have this wanderlust where I want to move.. I do all this mentioned above and decide I like my crappy "little drinking town with a fishing problem" every time.

I live in the Chicago area but not that close to Joliet. Property taxes and taxes in general are very high in Illinois. Do your research before deciding. The political climate is messed up, there has not been a state budget in 2+ years since the latest gubernatorial election. The Chicago area is great for things to do, just do solid research on the cost of living in Joliet.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Say hello to Joliet Jake if u run into him!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Joliet Jake? I'm pretty sure he lived rent free during his stay there!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I went high on my bid for the job. Better than double my current wage. His response in part was "your needs range is OK" so that sounds promising to me. Guess we will see as time goes on. Thanks for the advice.