Thread: Its not a crime, you know.

Platinum Member

Its not a crime, you know.

And yet it still feels like one.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-21-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Banned Spammer

Exclamation Stonewall riots comes to mind and the speakeasy

It's still a Crime in some states but not enforced unless you get a bigot law enforcement officer are politician.

An arrestable misdemeanor offense

1845 statute prohibiting cross-dressing. As originally enacted, the New York statute made it a crime to assemble “disguised” in public places.
    According to Oakland's Code of Ordinances, your style is illegal. Immoral Dress Code 9.08.080 has been in place since 1879: “It is unlawful for any person in the city to appear in any public place nude or in the attire of a person of the opposite sex, or in any indecent or lewd attire.”

an arrestable offence
    the 1845 statute that made it a crime in the state to masquerade

San Francisco preceded Oakland with a similar law in 1866. By 1930, most cities in California had dress code laws. From the mid-19th century, the state enacted all kinds of legislation against LGBT behavior; convictions led to forced sterilization, castration, indefinite hospitalization and life imprisonment. The law lumped child molesters and homosexuals together as “perverts.” Women suffragists wore pants in protest. German theorist Karoly Maria Kertbeny disputed the criminalization of “homosexuality” (a term he coined). Racist medical texts linked the idea of "degenerate" races with "degenerate" sexualities.
    In the wake of immigration legislation in Arizona, legislation that enables racial profiling, can we afford to leave vague laws on the books, laws that are subject to the interpretation of the times? Political climates change. In 1850, the state of California outlawed “crimes against nature.”

That's another reason for stealth TS/TG
    super models like Tracey.

Going out in the clothes that reflected who she was on the inside, though, was dangerous until she was comfortable with her transition. “Police officers would question some of the girls, or they knew that some of the girls were transgender and they’d arrest them,” says Norman. “I was very fortunate that I never was arrested, that I was never accosted by the police.”

A year after graduation, she felt like she could pass as a woman, in public, in broad daylight. “I was always a daytime girl, bright sun, walking the streets, going to visit a friend,” says Norman. “It started small. It was no big, ‘I’m here!’” And yet here she finally was. “It was fantastic being myself,” says Norman. “It felt so free.”

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/12/trac...m_content=link
    Last edited by reinasblack; 04-21-2017 at 09:21 PM.

I couldn't agree more with you! After many years I have finally completely accepted myself for who I am and am proud. My wife is not happy and her reactions/opinions have gotten stronger against my being a CD. Although I have to be mindful of her, I've told her in no uncertain terms that I will never again repress this and love this side of me. As you say, her reaction is not my responsibility. Although I dont like her negativity it is her choice to feel that way. Great post!!

It is not a crime..
    I learned that last weekend.. I got pulled over after I took my car out of storage and could not resist the urge to remember what she feels like..I wasn't ticketed..Although the officer told me he could write me two tickets!!! He did ask me if this is still my legal name..Made me remove my glasses to compare my eyes.. I did have to produce "three forms of ID" and asked "How do I know this is really you??" I was told I have to get an updated drivers licence or next time I will be ticketed...lol

Best wishes, Paula
    Last edited by Paula2; 04-22-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Reinasblack, yes, and in PA. if your car scares a cow you have to take it apart and hide the pieces! Yes it is still on the books! A lot of these stupid laws need to come off the books! May be Alabama, you can beat your wife with a stick as long as it is not bigger around than your thumb! Makes me cringe thinking what our ancestors went through! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

But Kim, has it taken you 20 years to realize this? You know that you are more advanced at being out than I, so you may be more advanced in knowing the reaction by others is their decision and no one else's.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Almost 20 years ago MY therapist replied to my revelation that I had begun closet dressing, "So? Is this causing problems for u or those that live with u?" To that, my answer was an unqualified, "No".

Last year, at a "family session" called by my ex, with my 2 daughters in attendance, the new therapist suggested that dressing had become such a big part of my life they better get used to it and that my disapproving live in daughter could move out if it was such a big issue for her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer

Exclamation This is how it's done here

In LA California they give you a false prostitution charge are say your indisguise to commit a robbery.
    If they find hormones you better have a prescription else that's a charge.

I am Catholic and several years ago at confession I finally gave up the ghost and confessed that I was a crossdresser. My priest very clearly told me that simply dressing in women's clothing is not a sin. I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear him say this. Of course the rest of the confession was about my real sins! Bottom line, crossdressing is not a crime, a sin, or something to be ashamed of.

Banned Spammer
    Maybe by Catholic Church interpretations of the Bible but many quote a passages that conflicts that that statement . I will find it when I get a chance.
    Religion is a testy subject for TG's.

Ask about the interpretation of this below

Deuteronomy 22:5. " The woman shall not wear that which pertains unto a man, neither shall a man
    New Testament does not specifically address the clothing of men and women other than a call to modesty (1 Timothy 2:9–10). The closest parallel in the New Testament is related to the length of a man's or woman's hair in 1 Corinthians 11:3–15. In this passage, the idea appears to focus on understanding and living according to the gender by which God created each person. There was to be no confusion among Christians whether the person was a man or woman.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 04-21-2017 at 09:55 PM.

What is this sin thing of which you speak?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinasblack View Post
    In LA California they give you a false prostitution charge are say your indisguise to commit a robbery.
    That makes no sense at all.
    Where is your proof in writing?

Banned Spammer
    The advocate did a story about a TS who was staying at a hotel and the hotel staff called the police suspecting prostitution but they worked as a cosmetologist visiting friends for an event.when they found out there was no prostitution they was arrested for having the antiandrogen Spiro without a prescription.tge hotel was known for calling the police on traveling TS/TG.

There are countless stories.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Taylor Was Arrested at Iowa Hotel for Being Trans

Meagan Taylor

No, seeing a transgender person is not a reason to call the police,' writes the American Civil Liberties Union when releasing audio of the Drury Inn & Suites manager's 911 call after two black trans women checked in.
    New audio released by the American Civil Liberties Union appears to indicate that police were called to a Drury Inn & Suites in West Des Moines, Iowa, earlier this year because the manager was suspicious that pair of trans women of color might be "hookers."

Attorneys representing Meagan Taylor, the black trans woman who was arrested and held for eight days in July based on that manager's false suspicion of prostitution, released a copy of the 911 call Tuesday, less than a month after filing a complaint with the Iowa Civil Rights Commission against the Drury Inn & Suites in November.

In the less than two-minute exchange, the manager, who identifies herself as "Kim," describes the two women as "a little unusual," asking the emergency services operator to "run their name or information through the database," because "they're dressed as a woman, but it's a man's driver's license."

When the operator offers to send a police officer to the location, Kim notes that "I'd want it to be discreet, though," before asking that officers arrive quietly and "park in the parking lot, instead of right out front."

The operator pauses, then chuckles, explaining that she cannot run someone's information based on a phone call, because "it's against the law." Kim reiterates that "there's two males, but they're dressed as females," noting that the women have Illinois license driver's licenses — of which she took pictures.

The operator then asks Kim if she is concerned "just because they're dressed as females," prompting the manager to explain that "they're dressed a little bit over-the-top, too; I just want to make sure they're not hookers, either."

In the ACLU blog post accompanying the audio, attorney Chase Strangio cuts to the chase about the motivation for the manager's suspicion about Taylor:

"There was no emergency. Just two young women stopping for the evening at a hotel. … Meagan and her friend were not men dressed as women. They are women who triggered a set of racialized and gendered assumptions about who is appropriate and welcome in public space — still not transgender people of color in far too many places."
    Statewide LGBT organization One Iowa also issued a statement condemning Taylor's arrest and incarceration, laying bare the underlying prejudice that led to Taylor's ordeal.

"It is my opinion that Meagan Taylor, an African American transgender woman, was targeted by the general manager of Drury Inn & Suites in West Des Moines because of ignorance, bias and stereotype," said Donna Red Wing, executive director of One Iowa. "Given the remarks made on the 911 call, perhaps the chain should institute a hiring process that weeds out anyone so racist and so transphobic that they would jump to the conclusion that a trans woman with brown skin must be a ‘hooker'."

Taylor's ordeal began July 13, when she and a friend were traveling from Kansas City, Mo., to Illinois for a funeral of that friend's brother. Taylor and her friend, a fellow black trans woman, stopped for the night at the West Des Moines Drury Inn on that date. In a November blog post for the ACLU, Taylor noted that she frequently stayed at the chain's numerous locations, and was a preferred member and "Gold Key" cardholder. She and her friend felt uneasy about the manager's reception when they checked in but proceeded to their room anyway. Shortly thereafter, police knocked on Taylor's door and searched the women and the room for evidence of prostitution.

When police found no evidence the women were engaged in sex work, they arrested Taylor for possessing her transition-related medication, spironolactone hydrochloride, without a prescription. Although she wasn't carrying it at the time, Taylor did have a prescription for the medication, maintains trans pastor Meghan Rohrer, who was instrumental in raising funds to pay Taylor's legal expenses.

During Taylor's eight-day stint in Polk County Jail, she says she was repeatedly strip-searched, patted down by a female guard on her "top half" and a male guard on her "bottom half," then housed in a segregated medical unit because jail staff were unsure whether to house her with men or women.

"When this all happened, I knew exactly what it was," Taylor wrote in that November ACLU blog post. "The racial profiling, the transgender profiling, the harassment, the solitary confinement. I knew why it was happening, and I knew it wasn’t right. I knew something had to change. To experience so many levels of discrimination makes you feel like less of a person. I want to stand up for myself and other Black and transgender people. And so I did."

All charges against Taylor have been dismissed.

TAGS: TRAN

http://www.advocate.com/transgender/...el-being-trans
    Last edited by reinasblack; 04-21-2017 at 10:23 PM.

It's things like this that make me afraid to go out while dressed.

Aspiring Member
    Thankgoodness I live in a country (Scotland) that really is the Land of the Free.

When I got divorced a couple years ago my now ex threatened me that she would tell the court about my dressing, so I thought that I should let my attorney know what was threatened. I started to tell him, but before I could he stopped me and asked "are you doing anything illegal?". I replied no and was told not to worry about it.
    Nothing was said in the divorce proceedings, she didn't even come to court!.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I barely managed to speak the words, "I'm a cross dresser". Her immediate, matter of fact response was, "Its not a crime, you know."
    Am I alone in taking the therapist's statement as a figure of speech and not a factual statement of law that needs to be cross-checked? Within the context of the story I believe the statement was as true as it needed to be.

The follow-up paragraphs of the OP seem an elegant statement of a situation we all have experienced -- guilt and possible self-loathing which is unnecessary. At least, that's how I read it. And the point is, yes, you should not feel guilt over the fact of crossdressing. You may encounter situations where you earn some guilt from concealing it when you oughtn't or when you lie about something to do with it, but those things usually happen because of guilt and shame over crossdressing. We'd all be happier if we could get past that and the people around us would probably be happier too.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by reinasblack View Post
    Never had this happen ever.