Thread: Oh Well!!

Oh Well!!

Over the past 6 months or so my lovely wife has seen fit to condone/accept/encourage(pick the day) me dressing on a nightly basis. Nothing serious, just women's pajamas and a silky robe which suits me just fine since I have a rather large collection of vintage PJ's, robes and such. It's been an awesome change which has opened up more discussion and transparency regarding the feminine aspects of my nature. She's a peach and I love her dearly. One twist is we have an apartment we rent out that is attached to our home. We have an old Victorian and the apartment has it's own staircase but you have to go through our laundry room to get to it. Because of this we have always been rather picky as to who lives with us as it tends to become rather communal. Our tenant is an awesome gal and we became fast friends when she moved in 2 years ago. As my dressing frequency has increased exponentially, so has the chance that she will see me while dressed. I always have my androgynous fleece robe on top when mucking about so even if she did see me she wouldn't immediately pick up on what i was wearing underneath. We've had many many interactions now with me dressed including watching movies together, chatting and just general interaction where it's obvious my attire is quite feminine. We've never spoken about it and now it just seems normal. I've wanted to say something but my wife has felt it best just to let things happen naturally. If she brings it up, then we'll talk about it. Our tenant has never once indicated any negative feelings about my attire, we just hang out as usual and couldn't be happier.

Well, this afternoon we were all hanging out on the back porch on a rainy Saturday and I had an a long sleeve blue t shirt and my dark blue nylon PJ pants and slippers on. Nothing overt mind you. We've been having a bit of work done on our house and have contracted a guy who lives a few doors down. He's a great guy of about 60, pretty hip and has become a good friend over the years. So we're hangin' out, me in my PJ pants and slippers and who comes knockin' on the backyard gate? Your friendly neighborhood carpenter!! Nowhere to hide, all I could do was kick off my mary jane slippers real quick like. In he comes and we're all just carrying on as usual except he keeps checking out my jammy pants on the sly. The three of us are acting like "nothing to see here folks, everything's normal" and I could tell he's just trying to hold it together without saying something. It was pretty funny!

After he left I had to leave the room lest I double over in laughter. I've gotten to that point in my life where I simply don't care quite as much what others think of me, especially in my own home. It will be interesting to see if he ever brings it up. From my experience with our tenant, it would seem that the people who care about you do so regardless of what you are wearing if you have attracted quality friends into your life. I am blessed with many close relationships with good men and women. A number of which know about my feminine side and I have never felt judged, shamed or belittled. I have a feeling my neighbor really couldn't care less either. I've found the less of a big deal I make out of my dressing, the less others do. Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Lacey CD; 04-23-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Why not come out to at least your tenant? She sounds cool. Your wife is a keeper btw.

Fun story! Made me smile and wish for "an outing'!! I love vintage PJ's too. Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Silver Member
    Seems your tenet already knows. Your handyman may not be used to it, but who cares. My neighbors have knocked on my door and I've answered in obvious fem mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    Why not come out to at least your tenant? She sounds cool. Your wife is a keeper btw.
    After some discussion my wife didn't feel any need to say anything since our tenant seems fine with it. Just treat it as normal and it will be normal and I'm respecting her wishes. Besides, I'm kind of gender fluid and don't really fit any predefined categories so I'm not sure exactly what I'm "coming out" as LOL! Me? And yes, my wife is an incredible woman. It's not always been easy and it's taken many years of processing and communication to get to this point. I've also had a lot of maturing to do as well.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No reason to complicate things Fiona its best to let the tenant ask on her own time.