Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

Hello ladies ,I haven't posted anything here for quite sometime.Every Saturday night I get dressed and sit in front of my computer and visit this site.I look forward to my dressing time all week .I can't wait to get dressed ,the thought of dressing up is what gets me through the workweek.Last weekend I was dressed with full makeup ,including false lashes and nails.The plan was to go for a drive enfemme but as I was waiting for it to get dark the desire to leave the house dressed left me .After a couple of hrs I took my girly things off washed my face and thought what am I doing ,why did I bother.This has happened a few times.I don't know what's going on.When I'm getting dressed I feel like I want to stay that way all night but after a couple of hours I've had enough.Is it because when I crossdress I only sit around the house?I hope I'm not getting bored with this activity.I enjoy my femme time I just wish my Karen time lasted a lot longer.Thanks for listening.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Platinum Member
    I think many of us experience the same thing. I've even gone as far as getting dolled up and going for a drive, where I end up taking a stroll. Many times it seems the anticipation of the event actually exceeds the actual event when it occurs. The best time I have is being en femme the entire day and actually having domestic chores to do such as washing, ironing, vacuuming, baking, meal preparation, water the garden, as well as eating my breakfast and lunches in the garden (weather permitting). If I am just going to be at home I forgo the makeup and nails....too much effort.

Karen, sometimes the desire is more and sometimes less! It is probably just a slump and will come back up at a later date! Or you could (I do not know your situation) Move forward on your journey. Possibly go out shopping during the day or just a walk in the park again in daylight. Push the envelop a little! It sounds like you feel stagnant and it may be time to move on on your journey! Just my $.02 Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Karen,

I totally understand where you're coming from. It's a scary world out there. But, if you throw caution to the wind, you will find that the acceptance you will receive en femme is passed your wildest dreams.. Once you do it, you will find that a new world opens up: One that is yours to explore to your hearts content. Maybe I'm too romantic...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    Last weekend I was dressed with full makeup ,including false lashes and nails.The plan was to go for a drive enfemme but as I was waiting for it to get dark the desire to leave the house dressed left me .After a couple of hrs I took my girly things off washed my face and thought what am I doing ,why did I bother.This has happened a few times.I hope I'm not getting bored with this activity.
    Hi Karen,
    Thanks for posting and i too have had those same feelings. I really connected with the washing your face part as i have done the same and stared at myself asking the same question.

I suppose there are only two things i can add from my own experience of these feelings in that no matter how long or short a time i have been dressed it has definitely satisfied the need to do so and it really shouldn't be anything to worry about.

If you do loose the urge for a little or a long while does it matter? What does matter is that you have gone someway to entertain Karen time and always know that you can go back again if you desire.

Banned Spammer
    Because after all,all we are doing is dressing up as someone of the opposite sex.
    You must have a reason for doing so.
    Once that reason has been met then maybe your brain says 'okay we're done'

In my case I sometimes feel I want to actually be female, totally and genuinely so I dress, then later on my mind might rebel and say 'but you're a guy, stop this shit'

It sounds pretty normal to me

I get this sometimes, especially if I'm about to do something I don't do that often like go out for the evening or shopping in girl mode. I think it's my brain recognising the nervousness that this causes which leads to me to question why I want to put myself through it.

Of course, I know that I'm going to enjoy the experience so I ignore the doubt and just get on with it.

I think next time if you feel like this, just carry on with your plans. You can always go home if the excitement isn't there.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Banned Read only
    I often don't take advantage of my dressing freedoms because I'm lazy in my personal life. If i've had a long day with clients, I tend to make zero effort besides keeping up with skin care and the essentials to make it easy if I can be bothered. So for me, I have aspects of my personality that are equal to and above questions of gender.

I can see without external reinforcement, you would likely question what you're doing. People keep telling me to get together with other girls and there is definitely a logic and positive point to that. Going and doing, enjoying wearing yourself socially. This doesn't nees to be with others that indulge in dressing unless you've got no other support. I still say turming to your own people is the most productive and self affirming step you can take.