Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife reading up on CD-ers

when my wife first found out it wasn't pretty and it certainly wasn't the only thing wrong with our marriage. She stayed for a variety of reasons and I worked on me. Mucho therapy etc and today I feel I am a much better person. More importantly I am happy with me for the first time in my life. The issue is that includes crossdressing.

Now I love my wife allot, true love. I think I have accepted many things for her, I am the main breadwinner, participate in all family stuff, help around the house and supportive in many, many ways. This is my thing! at my age, kids are HS and college, I think I deserve to be accepted for me too. Isn't that what love is? no matter what? Just my thoughts and clearly everyone situation is different, but for me , if my wife said no more, I would actually leave..it would be devastating but I have to be happy too.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I have addressed this scenario on my blog.

Compared to shooting Bambi, gamboling, fishing to the detriment of everything else, racing cars, whoring around, abusing, drinking to excess, watching every game on the teli, really? How bad is CDing anyway?

One thing Judy, why she is reading on CD's, why, because you have never had a real talk with her and you hide all things from her. Oh course she is mad. Be a man about it and well, Hoot if she wants to leave let her. There is nothing wrong with it and you need to have an adult conversation with her. Of course you can't stop. But to bring peace in your household, Have an adult talk with her. Don't be afraid to do that.
    Part Time Girl

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I like your style Rachelakld

Scarlett,

You are fantastic. Your lengthy response gave me so much to think about.
    We are very much in the same kind of place with crossdressing, and in our marriage.

My Wife is not one to be idle and I'm pretty certain that over the last year she's read up on crossdressing as a subject. She hasn't said anything in our conversations about her readings, such as "Oh I read in the American Journal of Psychology article that....." . But I know her and she's too intelligent NOT to inquire. The problem is that while I believe she's getting good and supportive information, she's also receiving a dose of "Dr Phil" and talk show type quackery. One of the things she HAS expressed is her fear that this CD thing would blossom, expand, grow and take over my life (eventually will lead to my Caitlyn Jenner moment? - not) I don't know where she picked up that data point, and I can only state that I'm not at the "take over my life stage" (yet).
    This is a healthy, if not supportive, forum. I'd love to invite her. I just don't believe the moment is correct for her at this time. She can digest it and take it, but again.... one of her paranoia's about this habit is that is can be coupled with the internet and used to meet other likeminded CDs (or other "queer men" - she's still struggling with the concepts of CD); but she's concerned that HER Man would be a woman and be attracted to other men. She would see an internet factor (like this board), as the portal for that, even though we all know it is not. I need to give her time to understand better.

Great answer, Scarlett. Let me know when you're going to have The Talk, and continue to look fantastic.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

That's not a good story Judy. Good like on not dressing anymore girl it almost never go's away and stays. Keep us updated hun.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Great, discussion, thanks to all for insights and sharing. We all have our own paths and journeys.

I would choose my wife and marriage and family over dressing anytime. Fortunately I have quiet space and privacy in retirement to enjoy Gina.
    Given that, I wish I had the courage to open up again discussions and dialog with my wife. She seems supportive of gender issues in general.
    However, up close and personal, my experience is nope, do not want to see you dressed. And I can understand that.
    Best of travels to everyone, it is a long and winding road.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    OK she has said she won't live with a CDer, is that bluff to get her own way or true fact ? Judy has to get a clear answer to that one
    Far too many people sit and ponder what someone else 'really means'. We can't just assume what someone else says is some sort of secret way of hiding their real intentions. We cannot be responsible for reading other people's minds.
    So many talk about love on the forum ,if a couple love each other enough they can work through problems like these
    Again, it depends; once no longer seen as a 'real man', and additionally considered as being dishonest because we 'deceived her' by hiding something about us, that can easily kill the love. And once that's gone, there really isn't much left to keep her wanting to stay in the relationship, as the desire for a 'real man' will now be for someone else.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    She says she'll never accept living with a CD-er.
    This needs clarification. Is it an ultimatum or a statement saying "I'll never like it"?
    I'm surprised at how many crossdressers with unaccepting wives allow ultimatums to transfer decision-making to the husband. Either way, she sets herself up as the victim, and he's always the bad guy. If she decides she can't live with a crossdressing husband, let her take action.

Well we talked more last night and today and hugged.
    She said the thing that hurt more than the idea of cross-dressing was that it appeared that I didn't seem to care how much she was hurting.

Instead of me saying I'm sorry for putting you in this predicament I basically said "what's so bad about cross-dressing".

I told her that I was afraid to tell her about my cross-dressing due to the fear of loosing her, I wanted us to spend our life together and actually thought I would stop.

I did stop for over twenty five years.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Wife been reading up on CD-ers, says I'll never stop and I'll need time to dress now and then.
    Education is never bad. Until they understand what is going on, they don't have a chance to understand where *you* are. Personally, I recently gave my wife a minor wig-out by telling her that I was considering hormones. What did she do? Read and ask questions.

She says she'll never accept living with a CD-er.
    Personal choice, but...

CD-ing is fun but it's a small part of me and If I can get happiness back in my marriage I'm pretty sure I can stop.
    With all due respect, I don't believe that. If you are really driven to dress, it isn't going to go away, no matter how hard you want it to. Even if you could, it would mean you are burying a part of yourself. It would be like giving up bowling because your wife does not like bowling. How does that change what *you* want?

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder