Thread: Just do it.

Just do it.

Went out to buy a part for my lawn tractor from a small engine repair shop, I was dressed not so manly but confidently approached the parts counter and had a conversation about the engine I had and the part I needed and other small talk about repairs. My polished nails, a purplish red, were in plain sight the whole time and as I talk with my hands a lot they could not go unnoticed, not a thing said or a derogatory look, bangles clinking every now and then and then when paying I put my bag on the counter to gain access to my wallet, ladies clutch style, and when done with the transaction made a comment about mowing my lawn before the township tries to fine me to which I got a "good luck" from the man behind the counter and my reply was a "take er easy" I'm sure I was the topic of jokes but at least I started a conversation and gave a story to tell the wife. O.K. now on to the GW, store my truck seems to have a hard time passing by, while browsing the racks I see a woman about my age on the other side of the rack and we are both pulling out tops and holding them up to see, as I look over she has a top that looks like what I want, so I take the initiative and ask her if she's going to buy it because it's perfect for me if it's the right size. She responds with "I think it would look lovely on you with a nice skirt not jeans though", I kind of laughed and agreed showing her the skirt I was holding, she handed it over to me and we then went on together picking out clothes and commenting on each others choices, never once did I feel awkward and I believe she was enjoying herself also. We parted way with some "nice meeting you comments". Well I took a pic after getting home to show how I was dressed, I posted my outing to show it is possible to get out there and you don't have to be a total "girl" at least in clothes, although all clothes in pic came from the women's section. Just be yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Lisa, thanks for sharing! I am trying to get out there with a purpose but every time I do something comes along and messes it up! I love your stories; they are such an inspiration to me! Like you I have to be male part of the time, unfortunately my female time is much less than yours! Hearing your stories make me happy and keeps me trying to go forward on this journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I agree Alliisa, Just go about your business as yourself and enjoy. I have done it a quite a few times.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa, That was a great story, Last Christmas I was in sears pickling out skirts and tops and the lady at the same rack
    said that I picked a lovely combination, A couple minutes later she was asking my opinion on some of her choices......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Allisa,

Thank you.
    One more of connection and conversation that demonstrates to society that we are just regular people.
    Well done.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I'm always encouraged by your stories, I'm getting closer to everyday outings. Socially is different you when you meet up as a group even if it is in a hotel.
    It is going to become more interesting because our social group is changing venues, we are moving to a larger more public and popular hotel. Hopefully we can take a swim and go for an afternoon cup of tea before our meetings so this will mean far more interaction with the public. One small amusing point , at our last meeting held at the old venue we were requested to watch our hemlines for the first few meetings, as if I would wear anything that short !!

Your story also reminded me of a similar incident in a charity shop, I was looking for a belt and a lady in front of me took the one I was interested in, so I asked if she wanted it, she tried it round her waist and declared too darn small, she looked at my waist and said makes you sick , it will fit you a treat ! It was too small for me so we both must have the same waist size .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-25-2017 at 06:58 AM.

That is such a lovely story, Allisa. Many of us struggle with getting "out there," but reading your experiences help us to know that we can be ourselves and have positive interactions with folks. Thank you for sharing!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    That's a wonderful recounting, Allisa. I love hearing about cd's just naturally blending in with everyday life situations and going about their daily business. I fondly remember one day at a thrift store that I befriended an elegant and very well endowed black lady. We spent and enjoyable time together shopping the bra section.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

New Member Princess zelia prime's Avatar
    Great story. I love hearing about other crossdressers storys of going out in public. It took me a whilr to finally just do it and once you really get comfortable doing it, it can be alot of fun

out and about way to go Allisa. Glad you enjoyed your outing.
    Angie