Thread: I finally attended a meeting with other ladies

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

I finally attended a meeting with other ladies

I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but due to work schedules and obligations, have never been able. Tonight it finally worked out, and I attended the weekly meeting of the Perpetual Transition group in Memphis. I didn't do hair or makeup, but went with all women's clothing. It was an interesting meeting. Afterward, I went through drive through at Arby's, completely forgetting that oh yeah, I'm dressed in women's attire, until I got my order. The cashier did a double take, but was professional. Another furst for me!

So now that it's all done, how would you sum up your evening experiences? Were you able to survive the evening? would you do it again?

Good for you Allison! I hope to do the same in the coming months (sans the cashier part). Can you tell us more about the meet-up?

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Good for you.

We are trying to get our small group going and or schedules organized so we, a small group North Alabama girls, can do some things together.
    Presently we are looking for others in our area to join us in drab at 0700 to 0830 on Friday mornings.
    Contact me by email for more info.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-25-2017 at 04:02 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Allison,
    That's great you've taken that first step, now I've done it the monthly meetings don't feel enough . How do you feel about that ?

I have to admit you're braver than me, I couldn't go out as a guy in a dress , I would sooner be late and do the whole thing rather than arrive in between. I know my group wouldn't bother, someone might even offer makeup and even a wig if you were really stuck.

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Congrats on the firsts! Now you just need to keep doing it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

New Member Princess zelia prime's Avatar
    Thats awsome allison. I recently went to my first meeting as well and it was great. It was very small in denver colorado. It was me and only 2 others. But i had a great time and made some friends. They were really nice to me and complimented me like crazy. They really liked my outfit. Its just far away for me and i havent been able to go because of work. I need more friends who are crossdressers lol

I love it when something turns out good you go girl.
    Angie

P.T. is more geared towards transwomen than the CD community. However, it was still great to hear the different experiences and I was made to feel welcome. I would go again, if schedules permitted. I was the only CD there last night, but as I told them, I feel it's more than CD but I don't feel like I would need to transition, either.

Oh... and I parked on a main street. Got out of my car in women's jeans, a floral top, and sandals. No one said a word to me or gave me any looks walking to or from the LGBT center where the meetings are held.

Allison,

So pleased you've been able to take that step. I can remember being nervous as hell the first time I went to a meeting but that soon passed. Hopefully the stars will align and you'll be able to repeat the experience. Will you go fully enfemme next time, wig, perhaps heels, skirt or dress? How did the others dress, a mixed bag I'm guessing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's important to remember most trans began as CD's. At the big T events I attend I can't tell the difference between them. And, have given up trying or worrying about it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    That is a very good point, I don't know where many of the others are on that road at my meetings, the great thing is we all treat each other as equals and just enjoy the opportunity to get and share this part of our lives with like minded people.

Teresa, it was in a part of town where hipsters hang out and it's more socially liberal, so I wasn't worried about being seen as a man in a dress, so to speak. I cannot say I'd do the same closer to where I live, 20 miles away.

Leslie- my wife travels to Hunstville monthly. Although I do not get out that way often, if it works out, I would love to hang out!

You 'll come on. I will meet you where you like.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    There is truly strength in numbers. I used to belong to a support group years ago and it got me through some rough times. There are a lot of good people out there worth meeting. Take advantage of their hospitality.