Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speedos in a public pool

So based on some of your replies, I'm now wondering if some of you wear women's speedos just because they are labeled for women? My speedos show some cheek, have a thinner strap at the hip and are bright red compared to the navy/pink women's bikini that I have. Just wondering.

I swim daily and usually have the pool to myself, but I wear a speedo jammer, not the bikini bottom.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 04-26-2017 at 05:31 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Fetish or exhibitionism. Does it really make a difference?

When I traveled around Europe in my younger days, the men all wore "bun huggers". They weren't called speedos yet. So, we wore them, too. I found that I felt out of place wearing any trunks on nude beaches or wearing my SoCal surf trunks when the men all wore bun huggers.

That was way before I began dressing. But, I don't think u can compare wearing a speedo to wearing a bikini for this reason: U have to tuck in a bikini or your package will be hanging out!

If showing your package blows your hair back? Cool! But, it's never done anything for me----
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-25-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I recently bought a couple of suits that are MUCH shorter than the below-the-knee style common today. I am glad to see this trend reversing. There was a time when guys wore trunks that were... maybe 3-4 inch inseams; I'd like to go back to that.

As to the Speedo, one of the reasons why I think they are frowned upon today is that, right or wrong, they are seen as identifying the wearer as a part of the gay comm8unity. I don't know where that came from but I've heard it from a lot of different places.

Finally, as to brief swim suits, I bought a pair of bottoms from Woman Within a few years ago. I've yet to wear them much in public but they fit much like a traditional pair of men's underwear so they don't show nearly as much as the Speedo racing style suits.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany in heels View Post
    So based on some of your replies, I'm now wondering if some of you wear women's speedos just because they are labeled for women? My speedos show some cheek, have a thinner strap at the hip and are bright red compared to the navy/pink women's bikini that I have. Just wondering.
    Tiffany, Most of the male speedos I have had, had a 3-4 hip. I do have on pair that is 2 inches. Most of my female speedo bottoms are 1.5 to 2 inches and show more check than the male ones. As for as colors I agree the men's have seem to have more options although not a floral print. And I'll admit, being a made for a women is part of it also.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

I swim every day. In the ocean for a couple of KM's always wear speedos I even surf in them.
    Never thought of them as a bikini substitute.
    A lot more comfortable than board shorts

speedos at the pool....

Sounds like a really good time

I only wear women's bikini briefs at the beach or pool. I've been doing for years. They are decidedly skimpy, but no different than what I have seen in Europe. Love the tan lines too

Panache, Freya, Tyr, Adidas all make solid color briefs and hipsters that pass as a mens Speedo

Joanna

I tried shorts once - never again, like swimming with a large bucket around your waist, but love my speedos and can't remember any years without a pair or 2.
    Now I prefer womens one piece swim suits
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

From the time I was 19 until the fall of 2014 wearing men's speedos or bikinis when swimming and having a bikini tan line was a coping behavior for me. Then I got squamous cell skin cancer, was told to stay out of the sun and had to reevaluate.

Losing my speedo time hit me like the death of a friend, and that was a large part of the basis for realizing that I am transgender. Since then I wear sunscreen, stay out of the sun, but when I do swim I wear women's bikinis only -- especially since starting hormones last year.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I swam competitively from about 10 years old through High School, and I was always fairly comfortable wearing them in public since it was what everyone else around me wore. Once I hit puberty and started realizing I was into crossdressing, speedos and spandex were my first go-to's. I remember raiding the laundry to rescue soon-to-be-discarded one-pieces that my sister or mother was throwing out and enjoying wearing them around the house and hiding them in my room.

When I got to High School, I ended up being a lifeguard at the pool in my neighborhood, and their summer league team would recruit us to come swim with them. At that time I was taking summers off and swimming during the school year, so they let us join for free as the incentive to get us to come along. The best part here was that there would occasionally be relays (typically towards the end of the year) where they'd want us to wear one-pieces for fun. So, I'd "reluctantly" choose to join in and swim with the guys in suit. It definitely felt like it was going out en femme at that point, and I was ecstatic to be able to do it in public with friends around.

As far as your question goes when it comes to a regular speedo though, after high school I held on to my old speedos, and I would wear them occasionally. Wearing it definitely gave me an "en femme" feeling even when I knew it was a male suit. Perhaps its the risque nature of speedos in the US, or perhaps it's just my mind telling me that's what's going on. Either way, it's a thrill.

Last few responses are great. That's pretty much how I feel. Going back to an earlier post about exhibitionism... if you consider it exibition, then what's the difference between that and wanting to be seen en femme? Why not just dress for yourself at home. What makes that different than wanting to get dressed up and going out to interact with people?

going en femme out into a random group and not getting outed is the ultimate expression of having it all together.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I have always worn Speedos or their equivalent and never wear any other type of swimwear. In Australia it is not an issue if that's what a guy wants to wear. They feel so much better to swim in regardless of whether you at a pool or the beach. Our last prime minister was often photographed at the beach in speedos.

While I wish I could pull off wearing speedos at a pool, I don't have the same body I had in my 20s... now, if I worked out like mad and got back to that, I probably would wear a pair... but again... I would have to know that I had the physique to pull it off... to be honest, even if you're a virtual Adonis, you're still probably going to get some strange looks if your in North America.

But I totally understand the desire to wear something g skimpier around a pool. There are so many sexy, shiny, bikinis and swimsuits that I would love to wear... But I will just have to wait until I have my own private pool to do that...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am a huge fan of skimpy speedos on guys if they have the body for it.
    Me not so much because I have more midsection to deal with.
    If this guy came up from the depths I would probably have a swoon attack

Speedos on a guy fall into the same category as string bikinis on a woman. if you've got the body for it, fine. If, OTOH, you're the male equivelent of the circus (or Walmart) fat lady, perhaps it's better to reconsider. I, for example, know what beauty is, and I'm not it, so I don't subject the world to a view of myself in a speedo.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany in heels View Post
    I buy women's bikinis because of the feminine colors and floral prints as well as the skimpier cut. I don't want them to pass as a speedo or men's briefs. (of which I have many) I want people to recognize "he's wearing women's bikini bottoms".