Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speedos in a public pool

speedos in a public pool

Hello, this post is not about me going en femme but it felt like it. So i went to the gym and they have a public outdoor pool. Its in an area that is no where near my home and i would never run into anyone that i know. I noticed there was one guy in a tight speedo and have always wanted to be brave enough to wear one.

So the other day i bought a bright red speedo brief. It felt exhilarating in the same way as when i buy some panties. Except this time i didn't feel uncomfortable as i was buying a male product. I went to the gym at night (heated pool) put on my speedo in the locker room and went out to the pool. I could feel all eyes on me. It felt like i was walking around in panties. I was definitely nervous and I'm sure it showed on my face. I slipped in the pool and really enjoyed swimming in a tight little speedo.

has anyone tried this before? did it feel the same as going out en femme?

Hi Tiffany,
    I used to go to the pool and wear small speedo briefs as they feel much nicer than shorts.
    Yes, i felt a bit self-consious, but that's because they show-off almost your entire body & if you're not of the macho physique, it shows. (I have arms & legs like knotted string )
    It didn't feel the same as wearing something feminine tho.
    Strangely, i woz far more apprehensive the first time i went outside under-dressed, even tho nobody else knew what i woz wearing....

My wife bought me a pair. I feel self conscious, but she loves it! I don't think it feels feminine to me.

Never done it. I have a figure like a pear and they would ride down and look like a 'G' String on a whale.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

That made me laugh!

I have a belly that is larger than most would find acceptable for speedos, but I found them to be tight and low enough to hug that area of my body. But maybe I have the g-string problem and don't know about it. Maybe that is why my wife likes to see me wearing them?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-25-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

I bought a navy blue bikini bottom on sale years ago. It looks exactly like a mans Speedo. I've worn it to the beach in several occasions and I sunbathe in the yard. My wife has no idea that it's a girls bikini. It is a rush walking around in a bikini. My wife's friend has commented...she knows!!
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Whenever I travel, it's always a bonus if the hotel has a pool.

hotel pool p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sounds more like exhibitionism than crossdressing, really.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    We are use to seeing women in bikini bottom swim suits, why can't we get use to men in them. Women have two areas to cover in swimwear and they cover them very skimpy and sugestively, men have only one but their swim suits go from below the knees to above the waist. Is this crazy or just sexist??? Why can't men wear skimpy and sexy too with out the public freaking out???

We (CDers) know the public is screwed up with their double standard (women can wear anything, men NEVER).
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-25-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: don't try and bypass the filter

Carla, I think it's pretty.

Pat, don't be an fuddy duddy! A girls got to swim when a girl can swim!
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Hi Tiffany, I wore speedos for over 6 years. Now before everyone goes "ew!", it was for a reason, not for vanity.. I was a competitive swimmer from age 12 to age 18 and the Speedo was cutting edge technology at the time. This is the time of Mark Spitz, 1968 to 1974. I've included a picture of Mark to show that the Olympic Speedo was not super small as the Speedo got later. I even had an exact copy of Mark's '72 suit shown in the photo.

This thread has also brought up a memory that always makes me chuckle. Swimmers usually would get wet before climbing on the blocks for the start. Here is where a sadistic starter could have fun. These are teenage boys and there are teenage girls waiting for their turn to swim. The Speedo did not cover "male bulge". A starter has all competitors stand straight up on the blocks before calling "take your marks". It was always the guy or two that would reluctantly stand up that had visible excitement. And even though the ladies were wearing Speedo tanks, there were always a few that made them and their suits look quite appealing. Even I was guilty a few times of showing a "center board" on the blocks.

Today's competitive suits are high tech marvels and hide bulges better because they are so compressive. So if you see a guy in a Speedo today, it's for vanity reasons only. When I get a chance, I wear the suit on the right now.
    IMG_1709.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I have a bikini bottom that I wore once while in an indoor pool at a hotel. It was only me and the wife there.

Funny. In Europe, you still find it pretty common to wear speeds or bikini type.

Up until probably the early 90's, that's what most American men wore. In fact, the swimming suits they gave out at our high school would be considered Speedo type today.

Look at the shiny nylon short shorts basketball players used to wear. They would be considered totally feminine today.

When I was an early teen, I wore my sisters "hand-me-down" bikini bottoms for swimming. Looked just like speedos of the day. As I got to mid-teens, my Mom started buying me my own speedos...which I'd find out much later weren't' (when I found the bikini tops to my "speedos" in her closet).

I think the reason why men do not wear Speedo's is because they're insecure on how big their junk is they're afraid that someone's going to say they have a itsy bitsy teeny-weeny lol

Banned Read only
    I don't wear speedos but I do wear either bikini bottoms or Brazilian cut thong bikinis every day at the pool I go to. There's one old man who wears a speedo though.

I have a bikini bottom and wore it once but the speedo i bought is actually skimpier than the women bikini lol. its bright red and only one inch on the side. its also Nike brand so not actually a speedo. I'm going to search for a pink bikini bottom. loving this outlet so far.

I've been wearing male speedo's for 40 years. In the last ten years I have switched to women's speedos. They ride a bit lower in the hip and show more butt cheek. In Germany almost everyone over 40 still wear speedo type swimwear. Only a few youngsters wear them now. I've been wearing these girlie speedos every other year when we do a group sail in the Caribbean's. If the guys knew they were women's they would freak. They are use to me wearing them at the lake when sailing.

I can't imagine what it would feel like having wet long loose pants sticking to my legs.
    Last edited by Mark B; 04-25-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pat (aka Jennie) View Post
    Sounds more like exhibitionism than crossdressing, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany in heels View Post
    It felt exhilarating in the same way as when i buy some panties.
    Yup, exhibitionism.
    It felt like i was walking around in panties.
    That's because, that's exactly what it looks like. Which is fine, if that's the look you're after.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I swam competitively when I was younger and when I swim now it is for exercise but I like to push myself and Speedos are just right. Swimming hard in the large loose bathing shorts is uncomfortable with too much material flapping about the thighs and slowing you down.

I just look upon them as a practical item when I swim for exercise but at home when just splashing about I wear swim shorts. I don't get a buzz from being in my Speedos.

The only Speedos I ever owned had a place for my boobs as well.
    Yep! Womens Speedos.

I do like a couple of suits I own, they are by Cole of California, one especially nice is a lepoard print.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, Speedo type male swim trunks are common among most serious swimmers who do a thousand or more yards or meters of swimming every time they get in the pool. I used to wear tighter fitting swimsuits as a kid. However, that fashion statement went out of favor for the true tight fitting boy shorts type suits and that moved on to the short boxer type bottoms which eventually got us to today where those swim trunk bottoms reach below most knees. I think that the fashion trend to longer and baggier was motivated not be modesty concerns but vanity ones. As men's bellies got bigger, men got more self conscious about themselves when they went to the pool or beach in the warmer weather and had to expose all that extra weight. It does look much better in those shorts versus Speedo type suits.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    We are use to seeing women in bikini bottom swim suits, why can't we get use to men in them. Women have two areas to cover in swimwear and they cover them very skimpy and sugestively, men have only one but their swim suits go from below the knees to above the waist. Is this crazy or just sexist??? Why can't men wear skimpy and sexy too with out the public freaking out???

No kidding!

I can not stand the "normal" swimwear fashion for men right now. I have worn Speedos in my younger, more fit days, I still have a couple but have not warn them in public for years. I wear a "square cut" trunk now, think tight, lycra, short shorts.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-25-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: edited edited quote

I pretty much only wear women's bikini bottoms (mostly VS or Prana brand) or some Harajuku custom made men's bottoms in very feminine prints and colors, a feminine pareo for a coverup, some shimmering body lotion, lip gloss, and usually have a VS beach towel, all in otherwise 'male mode'. I frequent Barton Springs and this is my standard attire for there and other local pools, usually with a girl friend or two. I have several girl friends who love it when I glam it up in male mode.

I always wear baggy swimsuits. Nobody (including me) wants to see me in a speedo.