Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target self checkout line; godsend? Or the devil?

Banned Read only
    I guess I am in a distinct minority in that I actually love self checkouts. I use them all of the time in two Walmart stores that I frequent. I always use them when I am buying most of my makeup, nail polish, nail polish remover, Neutrogena makeup removal towletts (which are absolutely the very best bar none), eye shadow, eye liner, and tons of tights (black shear to waist Haynes - my favorite).

If there is some sort of hiccup, I usually know now how to fix it myself and move forward with the purchase. However, if I do need assistance at anytime during my self checkout, I never get embarrassed if someone sees what I am purchasing. I have been using them since they came out and I'm glad the option is there.

If I am going in there to just pick up less than twenty items of anything, just for speed reasons, I use the self checkout. I even know how to do fruit and vegetables on those machines.

Now on many occasions, I have purchased my makeup at Walgreens where there are no self checkouts. And when I do go to Walgreens for makeup it's because they have really great sales from time to time on some really good quality makeup items. I never get embarrassed at the register because the ladies I interact with know I purchase makeup in there on a regular basis.

So there you go, that's my two cents on self checkouts! I'm just glad that Walmart has them and I'm very comfortable using them.

Sincerely, Scarlett

Aspiring Member
    Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after using the touch screen devices in a self checkout. They are among the most germ ridden places on the planet. If you use them often and wonder why you get colds and minor illnesses often, wonder no more.

Godsend! I love the self checkout. Wish they had one at Macy's or Lord & Taylors

Self checkout? Next, they'll be asking me to stock their shelves, then salt the walkways, then plow the snow to get to the front door. No thanks. I don't work for target. No cashier, no sale.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The few times I've bought things I ran through the self checkout. I prefer not having to talk to anyone at this time while buying stuff. Have only bought a few bras though and a set of pantyhose.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Self checkout? Next, they'll be asking me to stock their shelves, then salt the walkways, then plow the snow to get to the front door. No thanks. I don't work for target. No cashier, no sale.

I'm with you Lexi. But mostly, I'm not going to help the *******s put the poor people who badly need those crappy low paying jobs on the street by scabbing for them.

I'm all about self progression and making my mind stronger at handling awkward situations. So i will never use a self checkout unless the lines got like 10+ people in them and for some reason i could use the self checkout.

I guess I just like the buzz I get when put into awkward situations. It's really not that scary, Cashiers don't really care about you or your personal life. Lots of them will be too dumb to even consider that the items are for you. Most of them won't say anything to you because it's risky for them (they might lose their job if they offend the wrong person)

Another one that won't use self checkout, no matter what I'm buying. Was at a Target yesterday and out of more than a dozen checkout lanes, only three were actually open. They are really trying to force people into using those self checkouts. Not doing it.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Banned Read only
    They're a source of grear frustration. Broken scale, 1 attendant taking security tags off, coupon eaters that don't like coupons...

I like the scan gun you walk around with. Cuts out a lot of the crap. No more unexpected item in the baggage area.

I use them and don't have any trouble buying girlie stuff through a regular check out either. As for self checkouts taking jobs away, it is hard for most companies to hire good help. I doubt anyone has lost a job to a self checkout. If it was not for self checkouts we would be standing in line longer at a "maned" one.

I use them, although mostly because of how shy of a person I can be IRL. Nothing against the cashiers, I just want to buy my items and get out. Very rarely have had issues with the checkout lanes though... and it was through them I bought my set of bra and panties!