Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No desire to be around other men while dressed

No desire to be around other men while dressed

I'm wondering if others feel the same way as I do. I know that many of you go out dressed with other crossdressers and that many crossdressers attend meetings with other crossdressers. Although I dress only in the privacy of my home, or underdress, I have absolutely no desire to be dressed around other men and I actually get a little nervous around men if I'm out and about underdressed. The best way I can describe this is I kind of feel like I'd be extremely embarrassed if any man, even another crossdresser, knew that I crossdressed.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Understand that. I am much happier in female company than male while in drab. I've yet to interact with anyone while out dressed but that may change soon. If it happens I also wouldn't like any men around unless they were also CDers. I should just add that I am not scared of other men in any way, far from it, I just prefer the company of women.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 04-26-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It's funny that men with men feel like we have to act or talk a curtain way. Last week I was feeling loose and brought my wife to her doctors appointment with no sucks on and wearing pantyhose. I was sitting in the waiting room and there was an older women sitting across from me, I look down and see my black pantyhose totally exsposed as my pants rode up while sitting down. I felt very convendent and not caring that the women was staring at my feet. But then the women was called in and a women came in with what looked like her son, I automatically uncrossed my legs and tried to cover my ankles. It's strange that I didn't care about the women but felt so uncomfortable and stressing with that guy there, every minute felt like a hour.
    I know where your coming from, I think to myself at times it would be nice to attend some kind of meeting where I go dressed and talk about the stresses of living this double life. But for myself my wife is the only one who seen and knows about my dressing and attending something like that I would have to expose myself. So I believe I'm with you, I guess there is no need or there will be no reward to get together with other guys. But then again things change very fast.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I used to feel that way, too, Karen. But, probably not for the reasons as u. I was always worried about men hitting on me like they do on line. Non stop!

But, as a CD who's been out countless times? If you're with other CD's, which r mostly men, they r dressed, too. So, it's really not an issue.

I get hooted, laffed at, and "OMG! That was a man", quite a bit when out. Seems to always be by vanilla men. I'm not going to tell u I've gotten used to it. But, it's more like rain drops than a tornado these days------------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

There is no comparison to being social. I go out dressed with other humans and yes, it is true that many humans attend meetings with other humans (although I much prefer dinner than a meeting any day of the week). These humans are of the species H. Sapiens and can be further described as transsexual, transgender, crossdresser or on any of the points in between. The common thread in those people who I enjoy being around is that they are good people and have some degree of a true feminine spirit. There are often other commonalties such as family, career, etc which makes them that much more comparable when it comes to friendship.

I don't judge my friends based on what they do or on who they are. You may be destined never to go out into the real world and experience being social as a female and that is perfectly OK. I'm just not down with the visual portrayal of those of us who do as nothing more than hanging out with other dudes. It is so much more than that.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Karen I'm the same way, when shopping out enfemme I prefer to interact with female SA. I avoid certain department store shoe departments (typically Nordstrom's and Dillard's) that have a high percentage of male SA. It's something about dealing with a male SA especially if he is wearing a suit that makes me nervous.

Aspiring Member
    I have been out dressed a few times, but usually avoid men when dressed. I am way more comfortable around woman as a whole.
    Sara

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Living in fear is no way to live.

New Member Princess zelia prime's Avatar
    I honestly enjoy being around guys. When i go out i go to my local comic book store and play magic the gathering tournaments (its a trading card game) but its mostly guys that play and every one knows i cross dress. Every now and then i show up in a dress and makeup and i get all kinds of compliments. Theres usually only a few girls there but i have always just connected better wih guys. I never had any friends that were girls. I have 3 brothers and all my close friends are guys. The few times i have hung out with girls they want to do makeup for me and i honestly dont like the way they do makeup on me. I like my natural look and i usually only use a little bit of makeup. I just look weird if i have to much make up on

When out as a female I prefer to either be alone or in a place where there aren't many men. It has nothing to do with crossdressing, I just don't particularly care for men much.

Considering men make up half the population, it's pretty hard not be around them. I also am a bit more uncomfortable with men than women.
    However now that I go out dressed more often and have worked on my confidence I'll interact with them just as I do with women and am much more at ease with it. I don't have to worry about being hit on, and I really don't care if they want to judge me for what I do. It seems that men have more trouble understanding and are uncomfortable on how to react to us, We seem to sense this and also become uncomfortable. If you are comfortable as you this seems to become less of an issue especially as they get to know you.

I think it's an ego thing. We all have one, just depends on how strong it is and if it's truly male or female. Mine is male, of that I am sure so I get it. Our "ego's" will get in the way of what our hearts truly want. Cause we know "Dudes" will judge us and we don't even want to deal with that so we decide it's simply way easier to stay in the closet. That is my take anyway.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just because you crossdress doesn't mean you want to hang around guys.
    I have to ask why would you be nervous being underdressed around men? As far as I know men don't check out other guys underwear.
    When you sit back and think about how you feel doesn't is sound silly?

I have always felt more comfortable in female company. I'm sure it had to do with being brought up in a female dominated household and I used to love being with my Mother and her many sisters when they got together for a gossip.
    While I am OK with male colleagues, I don't feel comfortable in groups of males whom I either don't know or know only as acquaintances. I just am not good at make "male small talk" and so I just sit and watch.

Silver Member
    To Maria 60 and others reading.. I've never attended a meeting with girls of my persuasion, but I hope to. On the other hand, I've been out en femme to coffee and dinner with forum sisters that have become friends because I found out that they lived in my near vicinity. Its a wonderful feeling, and you and your supportive wife can do it, too.

But, to find such sisters in your area, you need to let them know where you live, a bit detailed, if possible, or generally, and update your profile accordingly. When you do, your future posts or replies will then reflect your home area, and others who may be near you can PM you to become close-to-home girl friends.

I'm a senior citizen (in my 80s), and all of my public dinners and other outings have happened within the last 6 months. I'm meeting en femme with two sisters Sunday morning for coffee, and am excitedly looking forward to it. One of them was my mentor and told me to just do it, the first time. I've never looked back!

NOTE ... This suggestion applies to all of my forum sisters who are in the same boat as Maria 60. Hugs!

Aspiring Member
    I don't go out dressed so much as I used to but I much prefer being around women even as a guy. I don't do football or cars or make lewd remarks about women and with many though not all obvs that pretty much rules out conversation. When I am out dressed I amin shops of all kinds and restaurants or hotels or beauticians and men are in a small minority there. Only once met another CD - both of us dressed - but I didn't enjoy it. Happy to email but no meetup. That's just me. No reasons.

I too feel comfortable around women and would rather not interact with men. I've had them hit on me, open the door, ask me if I need help, smile and look at my boobs. Never had one say anything derogatory but have had some dirty looks. Still, for whatever reason, I am more nervous around them. I have had a few intentionally call me sir when en femme. That's really irritating.

On top of that, I have always preferred the company of women and wish I was one.

i love being dressed with men or women and I am comfortable with either or both

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    I'm a lesbian when i cross dress... i seek femininity... real girls or at least looking like a girl will do

I never have any desire to be around other men. Everything is always one ups-manship, always a competition in some way, and there's always the little comments in order to determine who's the top dog. Then all the lying, the way other men will screw you over to gain any little advantage.
    No thanks. I lived through enough of that nonsense.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I also feel a lot more uncomfortable around men, when out. I , like Doc, get hit on, on the web, a lot. But, so far, in person, as Alice, i have not had a lot of interaction with the public. Several times, have had male cashiers. One time, when i lived in the Seattle area, a man and his kids had a dead battery, and wouldn't you know, i was parked next to them. he waited and waited for me to come back to my car, and was forced to ask the crossdresser for a jump start, then told his kids, not to look! My fear is getting some macho man, or group of men. or group of teens, angry, and offended, and having to get away , or face the music!

I love being with other CDs when dressed. But I'd rather not be around men that are transphobic or homophobic. I was underdressed with pinkish panties while walking my dog in the woods the other day when I ran into a guy that I know. I became focused on keeping my shirt tucked in! If he would have caught a glimpse of what I was wearing, I know he would be laughing behind my back and telling other people (that I know) what he saw. I've also had a fear of groups of men for a while now whether dressed or not.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

depends on the situation men, non binary or women whatever aslong they are respectful to me and my personal space im fine.

When I was in my mid teens I would cross-dress with a few friends.
    Some times with just one or two, three or four and a few times local neighborhood girls would get involved.
    We'd walk around, go into stores stores for a good laugh.
    I went to a few gay Halloween parties over the years and had a great time. (No Hanky Panky)
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    When I was young and out I had male and female friends who knew. Now most everyone knows. I always enjoyed being around women. Over the years most all my friends have been women. As a married guy I enjoy shopping with my wife and her friends. I've become one of the girls.