Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you get into makeup?

From the very start of my trying dressing. Make up is a major factor in getting the "feeling" of being dressed.

Other then lipstick never really had tried anything else but I didn't wear anything but panties till 6 years ago when we had " the talk " . A while after she had bought my first dress (had me very scared and excited) she told me maybe I should try putting on some makeup. I told her I felt makeup was something worn for others to see (I felt it was something done for sexual attraction). Her reply was us girls wear it to make us feel better about ourselves too. And it was in the bathroom if I ever wanted to try . Having had watched women in my life doing their makeup or even applying their lipstick (lipstick has always been a big thing for me) anytime I had the chance to. I guess curiousity got the best of me and she had bought a mascara and gave it to me. I finially got enough nerve to try it privately much like the dress when she gave it to me I was scared to have her see me with it on. I have since got so I do wear makeup most times its very lite and casual amount I have done a much more dramatic makeup a few times when alone now too. I when time allows also use fake nails which I truly love having on and polishing .

I started makeup a long time ago. Guess my twenties. Started really applying it well in my thirties and forties. We learn something new and perhaps new ways to do the eyebrows and such getting better as time goes on.
    Part Time Girl

Played with mom's mascara and lipstick a time or two, but it was never a thing until I came out to my girlfriend in college. She was very supportive and would make me over. That kinda lit the fuse.

I was a 'late bloomer'. Aside from trying wearing panties under my male clothes starting in 2012 or so, I didn't try dressing at all until I was in my mid 50's, back in early 2014. When I admitted to myself that I really wanted to step out that door and be seen in public as female, I knew I had to learn at least basic makeup skills.

I had dark circles under my eyes, and a relatively noticeable beard shadow even when I shaved carefully, as well as excess redness in my face from too many years of sun exposure. All of that needed to be corrected or compensated for if I even hoped to look like anything other than a man in a dress.

I started with on-line tutorials, and tried buying some inexpensive makeup at Wall-Mart and Target and the like. I also steeled my courage and went to a department store makeup counter, telling the sales associate that I was wanting to correct the dark circles and redness, while retaining a look as if I had no makeup on. Between those sources, with about three months practice, I learned enough to at least look reasonable in a club environment, at night.

When I felt brave enough to try going to a busy mall en-femme, in daytime, which was in August 2015, I scheduled a makeover at Sephora, and learned much better skills. I also started getting my eyebrows threaded, to trim them to a narrower, less bushy and more feminine look. Armed with better products (and a lighter wallet) I worked on my makeup application skills, and now feel I can pass pretty darned well. GGs often complement me on my look.

I don't tend to go for lots of eye shadow or eye liner unless I am going to an evening event where a GG might reasonably be expected to wear that type of makeup. Nor do I go for a heavy or obviously non-natural look. In general, I try for a clean, natural look, with a nice shade of lipstick and my eyebrows darkened to match my wig color.

Pic in the white blouse is early 2015, before I had that first makeover. The other pic is me now, when out for dinner with my daughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-11-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Well, I always really wanted to try makeup, but as a youngster I could never risk trying it because it takes so long to fully take off. So aside from a couple of risky lipstick tries here and there, I couldn't.
    That is, until I got to college, it was actually my junior year of college when I finally lived in a place that gave me enough privacy to actually experiment with makeup and try it. Ever since then I've loved every bit of it. Maybe when I go back to school in July I'll be able to pick it back up again.

I only started using makeup about 6 years ago. Loved it, I can still remember the woman looking back. I and I really liked how I looked, wouldn't have minded dating me😍 Thanks for the question. Brenda