Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a CD/transgender town

Banned Spammer
    New York had the Stonewall Riots and have the no Masquerading law on the books still.its an arrestable offense and a Misdemeanor​.not enforced​ most times.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...=1#post4091038
    Last edited by reinasblack; 04-29-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Ah-May-Lee
    I wouldn't like it at all. While nowadays I live mostly alone and away from people. Years ago when I went to clubs and other hangouts, I mostly went to places that had a diverse of peoples. I lived in hoods that had a mix of different people. I only went to a gay place to watch a friend perform a show, I would never want to go there regularly. I wanted to be in places that had all sorts of differing people, I couldn't stand living in an area that was exclusively trans or gay.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Aspiring Member
    While I am prepared to be a willing supporter and patron for a cluster of CD/TG friendly shops, I think deliberately carving out a zone specifically for LGBT is simply calling for trouble, much less for a group that's still trying to get out and open with as little concerns as possible. In other countries even so much being trans* and using the public toilet seems to be cause for panic already, and that seems to just get reinforced in this neck of the woods every time someone decides to crossdress very badly for the sake of infiltrating the other gender's toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    We visited the Bugis St. area clubs in Singapore 2 years ago. Not a T in site all nite! Except for my Asian T friend who passes. She dressed, I wasn't.
    It hasn't been like that for years, as the powers that be and the people regressed towards a more conservative stance and Bugis Street was accordingly revamped as a shopping mall. It's arguable that was done to make a more orderly and normative society, as well as to prevent HIV epidemics. Later on, I understand Changi Village was a common gathering spot for trans* prostitutes, and those were more likely than not the only trans* individuals an average Singaporean would have encountered in their lifetime.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 04-29-2017 at 11:11 AM.