Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: By not wearing

I have to disagree with the OP, everyones circumstances are different. There are numerous ways that one can help our community which don't have to be going out enfemm.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Well the premise of my post certaintly woke up 26 people who largely disagreed with me. That's O.K., each of us are different, I understand, BUT for those that agree with me I do hope to see you in your girl jeans, trying on girl clothes and asserting your right to wear what you like in public. As I said in my post, I'm going shopping today in my embellished boot cut tight girl jeans and girl undies; if you see me, Say Hello, would like to meet another CD.

And wearing this in public I love how it feels and how I present and it's me and feminine and I like it a lot.

Deebra, aside from wearing what where and when, I think that some of the disagreements were based on your suggestion that not doing something hurts the cause. Pick any cause. If I speak, act, contribute, etc. against that cause I may be hurting it. But if I do nothing I'm neither helping nor hurting that cause. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" doesn't always apply, but it's often used to shame inaction.
    But it was an interesting discussion, demonstrating once again that we're not all the same.

Aspiring Member
    On my part, it's a matter of when I step out presenting female. Not if. . But for the rest - I believe one should do that at one's own pace. You don't have any right to pull another out of the closet, just as you don't have any right either to shove someone back in. As it stands - I don't think I have to be 101% out to be an advocate - there are ways I've done this without making my personal interest apparent. Then again, does it take a fox or even a cow to stand for animal rights?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I have to disagree with the OP, everyone's circumstances are different. There are numerous ways that one can help our community which don't have to be going out enfemm.
    I have to agree with Becky. If a cross dresser ventures out wearing women's clothing it will be obvious his/her opinion of cross dressing is based on being a cross dresser. I think someone does more for any community by opening one's mouth and giving support to those who are being maltreated, demeaned, etc. People really feel comfortable demeaning other groups when they assume the people they are interacting with at the time are 'like minded thinkers.' Confront their ignorance or bias thinking or hatred.

Just another of these threads that attempts to push and bully those of us who are not out doing so to do so. The angle this time, guilt. If we are not out publicly showing ourselves completely we are causing harm.

Good point ReineD makes, even if we all did that 98 out of 100 men will still be shopping in the men's department, as opposed to 99.

Some of us just aren't there. We don't want to be there, we don't need to be there. For some us, transgender is an aspect of our lives, not the entire definition of our lives.

I always wear fem jeans and top almost daily, But I like skirts or dresses at the very least and when I go out to dinner or a movie, I dress competently fem and I do this for myself. It is my refection on how I want to look. I don't want to blend in jeans. I want to look nice and dress up to go out. Yet, to an auto parts store I will wear the jeans. I have noticed that young women also look nice going out. I think they don't do the feminist stuff that the last generation trashed womanhood and run around in sweatpants and a drab top.
    Part Time Girl