Thread: Unwanted Screenshot!

Unwanted Screenshot!

I was just looking at a post and put my phone down for an instant. Fortunately the sound is up as I heard the camera noise like it took a picture. No big deal as it's dark in my room.

Decided to check it out and found it had done a Screenshot of the post I was reading. Yikes, I could just see me showing someone my pictures and that pops up!

So many ways to get busted!

Hell-o Christina,
    Those damn cell phone cameras!
    So handy, yet even more dangerous!

My SO had no idea of my CDing...UNTILLLL...
    She caught a glimpse of a pic of some "girl" on
    my phone.

I recently found another concern regarding my phone.
    While at work I can plug it into the buildings sound system
    to play music. This requires that I leave my phone unattended
    in the main office. I figured it's not a problem, just get the music
    playing, set the phone to the lock screen, and walk away.
    Well after doing so, and getting busy, I noticed the volume would
    occasionally drop, and then pick back up again.
    Finally it dawned on me I was either getting a phone call, or text.
    Checking the phone, I was right (as usual, duh!) it was a text message.
    The problem though...even on a locked phone, the text message was
    displayed on the screen. It was a message from a friend here, and fortunately
    didn't contain anything CD related. But the fact that it could have....
    Frickin' phones!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Christyn,
    Obviously smarter than the average user.

I don't have that problem, I use my mobile phone so rarely my provider cuts me off through inactivity, maybe it they think I've passed on . The problem is I'm on PAYG so they usually clear my balance out with a reconnection charge .

Christina,
    I was almost caught out when using my wife's laptop, I was playing around with videocam and forgot to delete the images ,luckily I happened to press the button again and realise my mistake .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-27-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Check out T-mobile. PAYG works for us. 1000 min for $100, lasts more than a year, and $10 carries the balance over to the new year. Use wifi for inet browsing and apps. cheap cheap cheap and still have phone for critical uses
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Silver Member
    Yeah, I cringe when I get a bunch of text messages from a CD friend while my wife and I are on the couch watching tv, or worse while driving!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    So, there's a positive side to being "old school" after all!?

I use my phone for communication.

Use my camera for photos.

Use my computer for internet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I never go to this site or any that I can get caught on by others on my phone. No cd pictures on the phone either. I have an old screen I- pad that has lots of scratches on the cover. Even the grandkids refuse to play on this one. One of my lap tops the screen is cracked on it but it still works and is where I visit, and do my CDing communications from. All my pictures I save on a flash drive. After I die and the kids are going thru every thing might be in for a rude awaking if they check all the old flash drives. My wife has been instructed to destroy these devices and the two flash drives if I go first... You are very right on your last statement so many ways to get busted.

In this case it wasn't my camera, but a screenshot. When you press 2 certain buttons at the same time, the phone captures whatever you see on the screen. I didn't even know that until about a year ago.

When I checked, there were actually 6 different screen shots I didn't do. I guess when I'm handling my phone or I put it in my pocket without shutting it down, sometimes those buttons get hit.

I have tons of pics on my phone. I have to be really careful when showing some people things on my phone. lol

A couple of tips here people:

1 Use messaging services not linked with your phone number instead of text messages when contacting other CDs. KIK gives you the option of not entering a phone number. Whatsapp doesn't, so beware.

2 Turn off notifications for whatever service you contact your CD friends through - this is fairly obvious I think!

Banned Read only
    My phone is fingerprint locked. My gf can bypass it with the pin if she needs to. You can adjust what content is displayed on the lock screen.

Platinum Member
    Hi Christina , I don't have problems with my 8yr. old flip phone.

I just love that old phone ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's a brand new invention you may not've heard of yet. It's called the DELETE key.
    Jon

For the precise reason that its too easy to make a mistake, and that technology is too "share-y" and "helpful" I do not do anything on my phone. The most I've done is take faceless pictures, then delete them the same day, but I have rarely even done that. On laptop, I use two browsers. One for normal, every-day use, and the other for testing things that you need to test (Like the software I develop) where you know nothing is cached. I have it configured to clear browser cache on exit. I also use this browser for this site. This system has worked for me for many years.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm almost with you there doc. It's just this darn tablet that I use for all the above as well. I can recall walking along in ambleside UK
    I lake District, last summer following my older sister who ,I had bumped into 400 miles from home, with her new partner who
    I had not met before. by pure chance. I knew she was bound to want to see my photos of my trip and was desperately deleting any Cd pics from the folders. Love tech LoL

I don't take CD pictures with my phone often. When I do, I first disable wifi and 4g (just in case, despite pics not syncing anywhere anyhow). Right after taking the pictures, I use a file explorer to rename them from whatever.jpg to whatever.jpgg so the photo apps don't think it's a image file and ignore it. Then I enabled the internet back.
    Not a bullet proof solution, but works for me. I also try not to leave the files too long on the phone.

Most pics I want private I save to an app called "QuickPic" from the play store - pass word protected and "hidden" from all else. Its great- look it up....That screen shot thing is a tricky one - I have done it too, be careful ....................................Debra

This thread caused me to check my photo & download folders on my Android phone. Nothing was there that was embarrassing. You can't be too careful though.

I agree use your phone for communication only. But I have text and phone only. My GF has internet and everything on hers. She has a couple picture of me.
    Part Time Girl

This is kind of how my wife found out about Krissy. She had grabbed my old iPad and I must have left some older photos in a trash folder. I have learned my lesson on that. I guess on a positive note the first thing she said was "who is this girl in our house"? She did not believe me it was me at first.

I had a friend who related a story that was kind of funny. She was showing her employees pictures of her daughter's new car on her phone that she was really proud of, and she handed the phone to one of them, he cringed and handed it back to her and went about his business. Unbeknownst to her, she had accidentally swiped to another picture that was of her private parts. (Keep in mind that she was recently divorced and still kind of young and had an active social life and those types of pictures are not uncommon and she shouldn't be judged for that we all probably have pictures of ourselves we don't want other to see). Well he was back in his office when the big boss came in and he overheard her saying take a look at my daughter's new car, so he jumped to action, grabbed the phone in one of those "what the hell types of moments" and saved her from some additional embarrassment. He was able to play it cool and kept her from showing more of herself than the boss probably needed to see, but she still had to live up with the embarrassment of showing one of her employees. He was a good guy about it, and probably saved her job. Be careful with those pics and your phones, find apps to secure your photos and for you Iphone users, once you delete a picture it holds the picture in the recently deleted folder that someone can still look at them for up to 30 days after you delete, so clear that out too if you don't want to compromise yourself. For those of us getting a bit older and teenagers running around, while we all want to admit we were good with technology back in the day, they are better!