All,

I had lunch yesterday with a woman friend I met taking classes at our church. We connected in many ways during the classes, and she has bugged me to have lunch for months. So, we did that. The conversation was deep, intimate and when she revealed she is supportive of GLBT, and very knowledgeable of T people, and she is queer and has a sister transitioning F to M...well I decided to open up. Acceptance was total and we both had a few tears and laughs.

I sent her a few pictures and got rave reviews. She suggested: hey let's go together and get out nails done, maybe go shopping? Kind of blows my mind.

Makes me realize how little genuine authentic and fully open friendships I have. My wife is total DADT, do not want to see, etc. To encounter real acceptance touched me emotionally, mentally and spiritually. She is working on being a fully ordained minister, with a key interest in GLBT, and we have discussed spiritual aspects of gender fluidity, etc. Very healthy.

Anyway, the new moon brought some very welcome, and rare experiences.

On a less happy note, I found out this past week that one of my deep friends in the Portland, OR area, who also knows and supports and has seen Gina has uterine cancer. Very tragic, and I hope she makes it. She is a rare one, and she encouraged me to step out in public, helped me shop some, and even gave a makeup tutorial or two.

It has been an intense week.

I feel the Universal patterns moving to open my expression of Gina more. Gender issues remain one of my last major unresolved relationship and personal challenges: what to do with this gift? Should I reopen discussions with my wife to try and move past DADT and her extreme controlling style? Maybe tell my adult daughters? I believe when the time is right for major life changes, it is clear and the doors open. Maybe the pathway signs are emerging from the fog?

All familiar events on this forum, but for me pretty significant.