Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is posting pictures really safe here? advice?

Aspiring Member

Question is posting pictures really safe here? advice?

All, and Admin:

Is it really safe and secure to post pictures on this forum. As I understand it, the picture posting and viewing only happens after a new person has some vetting, correct?

I am considering posting some of my best images. Any advice is welcome. I do not want the pictures to be open to general public viewing for privacy reasons.

Thank you!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    This is a good question, I wonder the same thing, is it safe?

It's really quite simple: If you're that worried about it, don't post any thing. It ain't rocket science.
    Jon
    Last edited by Joni T; 04-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.

If you post photos on the web, they can show up almost anywhere. Once one of mine, from another site, showed up on someone's else's blog. They did not ask to use it. I do post many anymore.

In the short time I've been on the forum I've seen this topic come up once or twice during that time.

It seems as though the consensus is, that although precautions are taken to ensure a safe place for CDers to discuss related topics and to post images for sharing, once you place an image on the internet, regardless of how safe you believe it to be, you lose control of that image. You no longer have the ability to control who sees it, downloads it or shares it on other platforms.

There are a handful of the gals here on this site who hit the CDing genetic lottery. I have seen their pictures on other places on the net. And it looks like they were NOT placed there by the original owner of the image. I'm convinced of the nearly 30,000 members of this site, there are many who joined for the sole purpose of picture collecting.

I'm not saying this to scare you or prevent you from sharing your photos but i think it is the reality of the internet, even this very well administered and safe forum.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Gina there's. No place safe on the Internet to post a picture that's 100% safe. I sometimes share pictures with other members but very rarely post on any site. If you read some site little bitty wording at the bottom you'll find they have permission by you posting to use that picture for advertising and to even sell. I think Facebook and several group sites are really not safe. I can't for the life of me figure why any one would want my ugly mg an how, but who knows... Lol

In my personal experience, I've been posting photos of myself, including boudoir, here and on Facebook for years. When I google myself I never see any photos or even references to me. I think the key is to keep your boy and girl selves completely separate on the internet, as opposed to keeping your girl self isolated. Hugs, Michelle

I'm afraid that all of the photos on this forum or any other can be copied if you're a member. This even includes sections that otherwise aren't viewable by non-members, like profile pics and the photo section. Here is my profile photo (modified) that should only be viewable by members:

GA_ME.jpg

It was an easy "copy & paste" operation. So if you absolutely don't want anyone copying your photos definitely don't put them on the internet!
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

I am more concerned about something like Facebook. Don't they use facial recognition software? Wouldn't it then be possible to be tagged based on the size and separation of eyes, length of nose, etc...; and for these photos to be sent out as, "check out new photos of xyz?" The only photo posted of me is this profile. I would appreciate other's comments . I don't know if my concerns are real.

Honestly, I think it depends on what you are trying to keep them safe from. The internet is massive and it is filling with more and more junk each day. If you are worried about being recognised, for example, unless you are posting pictures in male mode, this is very unlikely. We are each here adopting different personas, with vastly different appearances. unless you are making clear links back to your male online persona, there is miniscule chance of somebody you know seeing your picture and making the link back to you.

As Michelle said, keep your boy self and girl self separate online. Yes there are possible ways that people could track links between the two, but unless it is obvious, then there is no reason for them to do so.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I tried googling my name,that is Dianef, nothing came up. I added crossdresser, a previously used single avatar appeared, along with many familiar avatars of members on this forum.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Think of it this way, Gina. If u believe your vanilla friends and family r going to prowl a CD/trans site, recognize u from your fake name and in a female disguise? Don't post pics here!

However, if u r like me and think there's better chance of the earth being destroyed by a meteor than that happening? Post your pics!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Really depends on what you mean by "safe". I have never severed a limb or put my eye out. (Maybe burned some body else's), and I have not seen myself on any non intended site. Nor has anyone come back to me saying, "Hey isn't that you? IN DRAG?!?!"

That being said, sure there are limitations to the security of this site. Locks are for keeping honest people honest. If Kim Jung Un really wants a copy of your photo to display across from the John while he sts there, then he will find a way to get it.

But in general, unless someone is really actively looking, the probability of a spill over is very low. Don't know what to tell you about security clearance searches. Good chance it ends up under the rug anyway. So are you going for a TS clearance? (Pun totally intended)

I agree with Doc Sherry. Notgibg to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by ginapoodle View Post
    As I understand it, the picture posting and viewing only happens after a new person has some vetting, correct?
    As I understand it, when you join you can view any picture. No real vetting required.

Banned Spammer
    Once its on the net anyone can download, save and share anything.
    That obviously includes photos.

So if someone I know sees me on here, the first retort is, why are you on a crossdressing site?

S

That's exactly right Kairi

Platinum Member
    This subject has come up numerous times. It is known that something put on the Internet remains forever. It may take some deep digging, but, it will be there. I've "Goggled" names of this site, and, some general crossdressing searches and the women on this site do appear. Not just photos but also postings. Give it a try. However, log off the computer and comes back on so your last Internet searches have been erased. Put in names on this site. See what comes up.

If you want to post a picture it may show up anywhere. There's nothing to stop anyone, even girls on this site, from grabbing the photo and posting elsewhere. Some of the avatars I see here are obviously not their own pictures. I would suggest, if you're really concerned, post pictures with your head turned so it is more of a profile. Maybe wear a pair of stylish sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    Don't know what to tell you about security clearance searches. Good chance it ends up under the rug anyway. So are you going for a TS clearance?
    This was way before any on-line stuff.

When they check stuff for a TS clearance, they are looking to see if you can be blackmailed. When in the Navy, in 1972/73, I got outed by accident. I openly talked about it and said that the fact the Navy knows now as it was never asked about it prior, they had no problem with it. Plus my family or mother knew about it from when I was young. I maintained my TS or Secret clearances till I retired in 2011, even keep up with them as I transitioned.

Whatever you do DON'T lie about it or you can forget about TS.

If you want to keep all this totally secret nowadays NEVER post your real name and any pics that might be found in any on-line places.

Not much is really secret anymore.

I've been posting and sharing my photos for 15 years. My privacy concerns are alleviated by my belief that my true identity won't be determined because the before and after transformation photos are so different. It doesn't concern me, and I would wonder why someone would go to so much trouble to figure it out.

All the above is true and possible. If you want to have limited viewing of your pictures, maybe pot them in the GM only section, where you need special approval to join, read posts and view any pictures posted there, said approval is quite simple once the Mods/Admins confirm who and what you are. There is also the Risky Business section for obviously, more risque pictures that meet that sections rules. It is also a members only section.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I feel very comfortable posting here and even if they somehow got out there is no way to tie them to my male self in the world since my real name and address are not here. The other part is that most of us look nothing like our male selves when dressed even when you see the side by sides that people do post on Boy mode vs. Girl mode at the top of the page in the photo forum. I do draw the line there and do not show my male image.

Banned Read only
    Gina,

As far as I'm aware this section is totally open to anyone that includes everything we say and any pictures we choose to submit. Which means they are fair game to anyone.
    Submitting my first avatar was scary at the time, I was paranoid for a couple of weeks, as far as I'm aware nothing appears to have happened . If you eventually want to come out anyway long term it may not do any harm , that's how I feel about it now.

The picture section again as far as I'm aware is only open to members , OK that means we put total trust in them, but the pictures can be copied and used elsewhere , if someone chooses to do so we may not realise before finding out and by then who knows how many have seen them and what use they have been put to .

The bottom line is your pictures aren't exclusive so they aren't safe, you do submit at your own risk, I haven't read up on the forum guidelines recently but I'm sure they will have that disclaimer .

Personally I enjoy posting pictures, the feedback can be fun, useful and helps with accepting yourself , I couldn't have moved forward and go out socially without partly building my confidence on the forum.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you are so worried then don't post pics.
    I used to save my girl pics on photobucket and when posting a guitar pic to a guitar building web site a guy plucked out a girl pic of me and posted it in their forum trying to out me.
    I said yeah thats me in the pic whats your problem?
    Several members razzed me calling me names and I just went along with them acting like it didn't bother me, a couple of days later 3 of the guys were banned from the site, 3 were given suspensions and some of the women on the site sent me friend requests and became close online friends.
    I have seen my pics on other sites and I could care less to be honest.
    If you have a friend sees your pic just act like they are crazy and say I didn't know you hung out on crossdressing websites.
    Say that part loud enough so others hear it and I'll bet he will shut up and let it go.
    I will also say if you post pics where you are in a bra with a hairy chest,a fright wig and no make up you will be recognized easier.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-28-2017 at 01:52 PM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Depends. Honestly, how recognizable are you when you're in girl-mode?

Do you look like your guy-self with some make-up & a wig? Or do you legitimately look like your sister/mother/cousin? Or do you look like someone else, completely?

All my pics from my femme days are long gone. None survived the rounds of purging.

Or at least those in my possession. Perhaps former friends of mine from years ago still have a few? And I know at one time there were pics of me on at least one club's website, which I believe has since closed their doors.

I used to post pics all the time, at various places, over the years. Could someone, somewhere, still have them saved on their hard drive?

I've also made a few attempts on sifting through the "deep web," but could never find anything.

Just as well, I guess...