Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is posting pictures really safe here? advice?

The web is an open book.
    Someone, somehow can get most anything that's posted anywhere on it and repost it somewhere you don't want it to be.

Just remember that commercial where the girl introduces this guy and says he's a French model. It said so on the web so it must be true, right??

If you wish to stay anonymous don't post. If you don't feel it will happen or you just don't worry about such things then proceed.
    The keystrokes you make are your choice...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As you can see my current avatar is a full on face picture, anyone with the skills to analyse it with facial recognition technology could probably identify me. But, I can't think of a single reason why anyone would want to.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Just because they can?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

It is foolish to think anything on the "cloud", i.e. someone else's disks will not be discovered. Databases today are normally running with terrabytes of data, and that is just one. Usually there will be a LUN with 300 to 1000 separate disk drives and the mount will be set up in TB pools, and then clustered, i.e. mirrored, to give at least double the space. Facial recognition software can easily find matches and it does not take very long to search TB of disk data. Scott McNealy said long ago, "there is no privacy on the web, get over it". That is even more true today.

So what are you to do: 1- either don't post images if don't want to be discovered, or 2- adjust thinking and be ready and comfortable discussing what someone discovered. Safest photo sharing method today is to use something like snapchat, where the model is that photos disappear after a short time.
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Ginapoodle,

I tell everyone this, so please don't take offense. Once you post a picture it is no longer yours or yours to control. In addition our govermment uses the facial recognition feature on Facebook to identify people a lot of the time.

So if you're not totally "out" to everyone... Just something to be aware of.

@--}-----
    Michelle

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    This is a delicate situation, thanks for the heads up ladies.

Currently, there are 146 people "viewing the MTF Crossdressing segment of this forum. There are 5 viewing the Clothing, Beauty & Shopping segment. This just reinforces my belief that one can view the MTF section w/o logging on... ore even being a member.

Lacy PJs

Banned Read only
    Lacy,
    That's always been the case, I also thought the TS section was for members only but that is also an open forum. OK the rest are open to members with more than 10 posts apart from approval only sections.

If you have no problems with being out then pictures aren't a problem , it may come back and bite me !