Thread: A night out, not quite what I was hoping for...

A night out, not quite what I was hoping for...

Given my work schedule, I don't get the opportunity to get dressed very often. A local club hosts a t-gurl night every few months. After juggling my work schedule I was able to free up the night to attend. Needless to say, I was very excited about my 'night out'. As I mentioned in another post, I purchased a bunch of 'new goodies', (wig, lingerie, outfit and shoes).

Yesterday afternoon, I went for a mani / pedi. I hadn't done this in a few months. The women who took care of me remembered me from last time and asked me immediately if I was going to get my nails painted again. Of course I was and she suggested a beautiful shade of pink. There were a few other women in the salon and though I did receive a few long looks, I felt very comfortable and totally enjoyed myself.

I also got my eyebrows waxed and they came out great. Over time, I have continued to push the boundaries on my eyebrows and they now have a very feminine style to them. While I was under the nail dryer, another customer sits down right across from me. We exchanged hellos and she asked me to show her my color. She smiled, told me she loved the color on me and we chatted a little.

My original plan was to wear a LBD that I had recently purchased. It turned out to be very hot and humid here yesterday and at the last minute I changed my mind (us girls can do that right?) and instead wore a casual short denim mini and an adorable pink short sleeve sweater top. I have a pair of tan sandals that I wore.

I was very happy that I nailed my make up and really thought I looked pretty good. So everything up to this point couldn't have been better.

I arrived at the club around 9:30 and there was also a decent crowd. The bar caters to the LGBD community and it was a very diverse crowd with what appeared to be about 40 CD / TGs there.

I didn't have a bad time but it wasn't what I was expecting. It was a very cliquey crowd and I had a very difficult time joining in. I didn't know anybody. Where last time I went everyone was great in including newbies. This time that wasn't the case. I chatted with a few people briefly but left after about 2 hours feeling disappointed. The evening wasn't a total disappointment but I was hoping for more.

When I got home, I really didn't want to get changed. I finally crashed wearing my bra and panties to bed. This isn't something that I get to do as my wife and I have agreed upon no bras in bed, which I respect. Since she had left for work, I took the opportunity to leave my bra on.

So now Sunday morning, I want to enjoy a few more hours of my feminine bliss. I've left my nails painted, put on a cute pair of girl jeans over a nice pair of blue panties and barrette and put on a touch of make up and perfume.

My wife and I are headed out to a street festival and look forward to enjoying a nice day out.

Shake off the minor disappointment from yesterday Jackie, and look forward to a brighter today.

Karen

Been to a few clubs (not TG/CD oriented though) that were super cliquey like that. Sooo lame.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Become a regular and they will warm up to you.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Every crowd at different venues has its own dynamic. If it is important to you to eventually belong just give it time and let them get to know you at their pace.

Sorry it didn't meet your expectations, but could it ever have? Expectations are easy to create and hard to satisfy. I think I used to have that feeling more when I first started going out -- now I pretty much know how an evening is likely to play out. I still go out with hopes of a great time, but my sense of greatness is adjusted to my experience. I hope your day at the festival is more satisfactory.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

The plain truth about human nature, whether dressers, or vanilla, religious or non religious, rich or poor, city, or contry, ledt, or right, human nature is pretty much cliquish, and not always friendly to newcomers., and loners. I am 63, n3xt week, and have experienced the clique thing in every social circle.

Silver Member
    I get that, and have had a couple of experiences like it. That's why people create relationships, to share experiences. Too bad so many wives are reluctant. Quite frankly, they are missing out in a great bonding experience.

Jackie, Don't worry that you did not fit in. If you go again it couple be lot different Have fun at the street festival. .
    Part Time Girl

You went out that counts. The more you do it the better it gets. I've had that happen to me but usually the other girls invite you over. I've also found some can be competitive if they feel you look better and not be very friendly.