Thread: I am Blessed

Silver Member

I am Blessed

So, about 10 months ago, I pierced my ears, but was keeping it on the down low (NOT RECOMMENDED, slower healing, more risk). Anyway I went to dinner at my sister S's house. About a third of the family was there, including my Sister E. She's a doctor (half the family is). And she exlaims, You've got your ears pierced. It was just holes that day.

I shushed her and promised to tell her the story later. And after that day, I decides there was no down low left. Over 10 months, it has taken a surprisingly long time for some people to notice.

Any way, I promised this sister I would tell her. She is the closest in age, and for a long time very tight with me especially in high school and college. (Joni, she also did LIFE!) But over the year every time we got together, there were too many people around. Till this weekend

I had to come up to drop my son and some other kids off for a inter school thing, and rather than go home and drive back the next day. I decide to hang out with her.

So I met her at her practice, after it closed at noon. I sort of set up the conversation talking about Facebook a little, and mentioning a Nephew of mine that's a drag preformer. He posted he was headed out to LA for some show. E asked jokingly if he was in drag. I said no. Then I just came out with, Speaking of crossdresser, I wanted to tell you about your half sister Meghan.

The floodgates opened. And we talked for hours. E was totally cool. She asked if I were TG or what, and if I were transitioning, but made no assumption about it or my sexuallity. She totally accepted me. And we ended up talking fashion and make up, about our kids ( we each have a gay kid) and tons and tons of other stuff. She also is a Mary Kay rep, so she said she could get me discounts. And we agreed that she and Meghan need to do a girls day occasionally.

I can not express how great I feel, and how incredibly lucky. She promised to keep it on the down low with the rest of the family. I don't know if, when, or how I will inform other members of the family, if ever, but I really needed this one.

Platinum Member
    You are indeed blessed. But also a MK sales person! That's more than anyone deserves in an accepting sister!

Oh, Meghan. I am so happy for you, that you have such a wonderful sister who has so readily accepted this part of you. That must be a great feeling. And a Mary Kay rep on top of it all. LOL

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Megan

I can only imagine what it would be like to tell someone other than my SO but I could literally feel your joy at your release of the "floodgates"! A huge, and risky, step for any of us so congratulations on making it.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Family acceptance is a key accomplishment. After all, if they still love you, who's left that has an opinion that matters?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Congrats Meghan. Kudos for finally having the discussion you've wanted for a long time. Happy it went well, and that you have something to look forward to.

Karen

Hi Meghan,
    Wow, what an great outcome! It's awesome that you have such a supportive relative. I envy that!
    Best wishes, Nic

This is going to be an amazing time for you. Having someone accept you for being who you are is a great feeling and helps to re-build the self esteem lost from being in the closet all of our lives. Just be sure to maintain the brother /sister relationship as the primary one. You will see that she will bring up your female self and will love and encourage Meghan as long as it doesnt come at a loss of her brother (initially). I think you are going to see her as your closest friend. What an interesting and wonderful dynamic to have your sister as your best friend and confidant.

That is so very wonderful!! So happy for you!

Meghan, that is absolutely outstanding!! I am so very pleased for you!!

Another LIFE-alum, eh.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Megan. I'm out and have been living as Jean for the last year except for work and yes they know. I find most people are very understanding. You're the same person no matter how you're dressed. People who really know you and love you will still love you.

Can't find words for this that don't diminish what you've experienced. So happy for You! Hugs, Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Wonderful experience. I am truly happy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    The word "Blessed" is an understatement. I hope you will give us a detailed report when you do your girl date with her in the future.

That is absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on coming out to her and for her acceptance!! I am very happy for you!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes Meghan you are blessed how cool for you, happy for you

Megan, You re blessed with a very nice sister. Amazing. Yeah go have a girl day with her. She most likely will keep it from the family. Nice to have a sister like that.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    E is way cool, and really excited to have a little sister now. We lost a sister last year ( there were 10 of us, 5 boys, 5 girls), and so this opportunity actually touched her quite a bit. She's got a new sister, and one who will be a lot of fun to hang out with.

I went to the grocery with her this AM after mass. She pointed to an in touch tabloid. The headline was Megyn Replacing Matt. Of course it was Megyn Kelly and Matt Lauer, but what a coincident.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 04-30-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Kelly not Ryan

Sounds great and way cool! Looking up! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

hey meghan, congratz on your disclosure, (knuckle bump) i mean girl hug....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Platinum Member
    Hi Meghan , It would really be great if we had at least one wonderful story like that every day.

Yesterday Kelly DE. also had a wonderful story too.

I think that my youngest sister would be totally accepting but I am not ready to go down that road yet......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's great, really, really great I'm happy for you.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Meg you are indeed blessed,sounds like it's the beginning of a great relationship. So happy for you .