Thread: When and why do you consider yourself transgender (TS replies only please)

When and why do you consider yourself transgender (TS replies only please)

Question when and why did you consider yourself to be transgender?

If I answer this it was when I wanted to have breasts and started NBE. Why is I accepted myself.

I don't really understand this question. It's way too vague. And what does NBE stand for? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

Silver Member
    Being aware of ... something, an issue, perhaps (if you'll forgive the formulation) and having the term for it are two different things. As for the former, almost lifelong. The latter, in the form of "transsexual" and not transgender, was a long awakening, starting in my teens. I nailed it down about 5 years ago via a combination of crisis, therapy, and frankly, desperation. In my case, the crux was coming to terms with female identity itself. There are so many aspects to this that this brief distillation almost renders it meaningless. But that's my answer ...
    Lea

From childhood I was deeply ashamed of the sexual thoughts and needs I had; and the compulsion to wear female clothing and makeup grew steadily through my young life. I suffered feelings of shame, isolation and loneliness, as if all the girls and boys around me were enjoying a party that I wasn't invited to. I discovered I desperately wanted to be a girl, not only look like one, and I read everything I could find back in the dark ages on the subject of what was then called "transvestism," sexual perversion, and "sex-change" operations.

I remember a photo story in some crummy supermarket tabloid about the exotic French entertainer Coccinelle, who was a gorgeous post-op. She made a huge impression on me; I wanted to be her. But still, the idea that I already was a woman in every way but appearance did not occur to me until many years later--and then, of course, to my great relief. It made the jumble of thoughts and feelings finally make sense. I'm still not where I want to be, but I've lost the shame and can enjoy my self-awareness as a woman in the world outside my closet.

I realize I didn't actually answer your question, Billyboy, but maybe you can excavate a few artifacts from the rubble.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Personally, transgender to me is simply a label society placed on us. I have always, since my childhood days I was confused, know something was wrong. Not until in my early twenties did I realize there were others like me. The label of transgender did not feel right but accepted it so there would be a commonality to talk to others about what we were going through.

Beauty was never important (but fortunate to fit right in with cisgender females) to me but the anatomy was, more so below then above.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Aspiring Member
    I don't understand what NBE is either but I'll answer the best I can. I finally considered myself transgender when the feelings I had been burying and denying for so long finally started to surface all at once and started to impact my marriage, my work and my friendships. As I've looked back on my life, I've had the feelings of being transgender since I was 5, however, I always treated it as something to be ashamed of, a mental defect within myself. Even after I became aware of what a transsexual was, I refused to admit that could be me. This went on through most of my life up until last year when I finally admitted to myself that yes there is something more here and there truly is a possibility that I am transgender. From there self-exploration led to an awaking and now my transition.

I just love these single poster "hit and run" people who come in and drop a whimsical question and then disappear never to be heard from again.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Moderatrix' Note

The Original Poster has been back to visit this thread since posting but has not come back for nearly 3 weeks. This thread is being closed

Rianna Humble
    Moderatrix