Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So grateful to be a cross dresser now, rather than in the past

The shopping convenience is nice but you know what's even better? How much more informed and understanding the general public is. I remember growing up... a little more than 20-25 years ago... when there were only 2 reasons for a man to wear women's clothes: You were an actor playing a part (strictly comedy of course), Or you were suffering from mental illness.

The shopping is just the cherry on top. The real progress is not having to worry about forced lobotomies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
    There was a cd store in NYC called Lees Mardi Gras, it possibly became Michael Salem but I am not sure.

One think I like about today is the technology. I am able to use the internet to find people from my past. I have found only one trans person so far from the past, and she's on this site. But we didn't hang out too much together, I remember her but we only met at one trans bar and didn't go anywhere else.. I think the people I hung out with more are probably dead but I keep searching.
    I remember going to Lee's a couple of times when I was in the Navy in the early 70s. My first credit card was with sears, so I could buy clothes away from base. Your profile says you are 44, so that is not that long ago for you.

I lost touch with most other TS that I knew from the 70s-80s. Since coming back into the LGBT scene, I have been trying to find ANY TS from the 70s. I came across a few on-line, and one local that had SRS in 79, but I did not know her from back then.
    I think like you most have died off, they were mostly in their 40s-50s back then, only a few in their 20s-30s like me.

I remember going to some regular meetings with CDs and TS, most were older. At age 23-24 in 1974 it was a rather apprehensive time.

I find it just as easy to get dressed, go shopping and feel the merchandise, no hassles pause at the bra bar with no one looking.

That is something I could not have said ten years ago.

So much easier now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.