Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had a purge and did not regret anything

I had a purge and did not regret anything

Looking through my wardrobe I was pondering on what I should I keep and looked right on me and what to throw out . About 1/2 an hour later only about 4 things went, a blouse together with a one piece trouser suit and two skirts that I decided were too short. So it all went and I have no regrets because I now have what I like best and wear often, and feel comfortable with.
    I have no regrets with what I disposed of, have you?

After reading several books about color and style, I have pared my wardrobe to about a third of what it was. This also includes my male wardrobe. More importantly, I now know what to buy in the future because I understand how it will look upon my frame and skin tone.

I still affectionately cling to those first and early garments; the Impulse Purchase moments.
    Some stay and WILL remain simply because that dress is an old friend long forgotten or a significant milestone item. The first dress I impulsively grabbed off a clearance rack that put me back in the CD game (so to speak), and was that first step to a wardrobe of a dozen or more dresses and outfits and a more dedicated approach to crossdressing.
    Those garments may be difficult to eliminate. I've loved them all for some reason at some time.

BTW.... shame on you for baiting us with the term PURGE. Your's was a joyful perhaps melancholy purge; not one of desperation. LOL (good joke).
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

So long as you are not doing it out of guilt, then I guess it ok.

If you are doing out of taste, then have at it.

"I now have what I like best and wear often, and feel comfortable with"

Isn't that our communal goal?

Except that one little skirt. The one I wear for me. I'd consider it a 'guilty pleasure' if I actually felt guilty about it.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Definitely not a feeling of guilt at all more of coming to realise that some things did not look right any more.
    IleneD I liked the joke! as well and no it was not a purge of desperation. One of the skirts was a black satin pleated one which I realised that when I bent over would show more than I wanted! and also no good for gardening LoL !

I think it's time for me to do this as well. Bonus is it makes room for new clothes.

Aspiring Member
    I have never purged but I have got rid of things I didn't need/wear anymore...and yes, as others said, there is more room for new stuff... I never regretted what I got rid of...

No, no NO.

'Purging' does not help you. The 'urge' is only going to come back. You can't stop it, you can't help it, and it isn't your fault. It is part of you.

Please stop wasting your time and money by throwing away things you like. You are entitled to have likes, and you should not ever be made to feel sorry for them.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I totally agree with not throwing things out that one likes but the 4 things I did get rid off, I did not wear any more and when ever I saw them in the wardrobe I knew deep down that they were no longer what I should be wearing or what I should look right in at the time. They were bought early on in my quest of femininity, which I think I have now found.

I purge only when I run out of closet or drawer space 😉 Even then, "one never knows".

i have purged so many cute things in my lifetime. You should be proud if yourself not doing the same and only purging those not needed anymore. Congratulations.

That sounds more like a "sorting out" which is a good thing that we should all do from time to time. The word Purge is usually used by members to indicate a discarding of all their feminine attire as if they want to turn away from cross dressing. Certainly that is the way I did it many, many years ago before I learned to just relax and love being what I am.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    My count is still going up , I know some of the early stuff has to go, it's finding the time to sort through. Now I go out the choice is a little easier because I'm never going to wear some of it in public.

Don't worry I've thought through what might make it to France , I hope the French are ready for it !

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have not purged ever but I do have some items I know I will never wear again. They will probably end up at a charity shop.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Haha. Love the irony of people unfashionably wearing the other sexes clothes and then obeying the fashion police.

I sorted out my closet a while back to make room for new clothes. Well in a very short time it"s at capacity again.. I think if I add another skirt, blouse or dress on that closet bar the whole thing may come crashing down...darn that pink fog....lol

I like that " come crashing down" have you thought of all the time it will take to iron out the creases after! LoL having said that It is nice to have a range from which to choose from each time. As for when my next clear out will be I know not as what I have now is just right. But who knows fashions change but what goes round comes back again.

Yep, some members have felt you are purging out of guilt when in fact you are just culling the herd a bit. Unless you have endless amounts of storage space and even then, too much just gets cumbersome, you have to cull once in a while. I have a hard time doing that, but on occasion get rid of something that just doesn't fit or look good. I'm overdue for such now.

Yes purging was in hindsight the wrong word to use pairing down or clearing out might have been better. I can never see the time when I would turf everything out and replace with new. The beauty of having a sort out or clearing out is that I now know and can see and appreciate what I have and what is special to me. One thing I will never move on is a beautiful pale gold pleated sating long skirt with a speckled gold and black short sleeved top with a black sheer sleeved top to cover. Just right for evening wear and waiting for that special moment to come, it will. It all comes down getting used to what is right and wrong. Time for that as yet! LoL

The culling of ones wardrobe is necessary from time to time. Clothes get worn or fall out of style or just don't fit anymore. I don't think anyone really "regrets" that. It's just a natural part of not being a hoarder.

I agree with several others here. When I see/hear the word purge I think of everything going to the dumpster. I recently went through some of my girl clothes and got rid of items I hadnt worn in a long time. Kept all my favs. I just plan to add to my stash with some new clothes this year. I wouldn't call it a purge at all. Just out with the old and making room for the new. -Meg

Purgining can be benifical&detrimental to your closet.Keep the clothes that you can now
    Wear&make pictures of
    the Clothes that are 2small
    Advertise them for a yard
    Sale if questioned about
    Who owned them (if married say your wife Or
    Special friend) put price on
    Items &let them go. YOU
    Reap the benefits of having x $$ to spend on
    New clothes.

Banned Read only
    Ever heard if ebay?

Sorry to nit-pick, but that's not a purge. It's culling what you no longer want, like, or fit. Makes room for an upgrade or update.

Banned Read only
    I'm gonna go for a purge right now. I do it regularly but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Maybe I can post a picture for ratings?