Thread: "My advice/thoughts"

"My advice/thoughts"

I often give thoughts and advice on here that isn't laden with much sympathy. Not that I don't feel it, or feel many of the same desires and frustrations, believe me, I do.

When I make these sometimes harsh posts, I do so, and almost always when it entails relationship/marital issues.

Although perhaps I come across as flippant, or just cold, it is not my intention to do so. At the same time, I'm not looking to be a shoulder to cry on. I can be that too, I do fully understand the frustrations, difficulties, complexity of it all. I live it.

1st I just want to say that in the cd section, I'm going off the premise that who I give thoughts or advice to is a male identified cder. Not that any of us should just shut down or give up. It all just depends on what ultimately is important to YOU.

I never feel it is wrong to further oneself gender wise even though others in a person's life won't be comfortable with it. It's a matter of how, how much, when, and perhaps why.

We who are in this spectrum are often faced with difficulties most others are not. I recognize this and accept this. It's simply not fair, and definitely not always easy just being who we are. Lack of acceptance, lack of any knowledge or understanding and sometimes even downright hatred are the norm of many of our lives. It's a hurdle we must continue to jump over time and again.

For those of us whose identity goes deeper than a male cder, those people do have to really consider how much of their lives need to be altered. My thoughts and advice rarely go out to them. It is for those who want the wife, 2.5 kids and a white picket fence.

It is especially for those who built this life, without the gender issues present, but now wish to include them in this life. It has and can be done. But, it won't be easy, it won't be completely what we want or desire, most likely.

Expectations of others to just fly with this change are often not realistic. Ultimately it doesn't matter individually that society has chosen us to be the blacksheep of society and poisoned the opinions and thoughts of others on us. It doesn't matter how much is nature vs nurture individually either. Both exist. Both play a part. Collectively it makes all kinds of difference. Each one of us though still has to clear the hurdles, and each one of us has to decide how high and how many.

Some of us are given less hurdles and not very high ones. Others are given a far tougher task. The choices become how much is it it worth it. For some, it is totally worth it. For others, too much time and effort.

It doesn't matter what one forum member accomplishes, or what one forum member thinks you should accomplish. They may be quite short sided, not understanding how easy they have it and not understand why it is more of a struggle for others. They may think because it is worth all to clear the highest hurdles that you should too.

I try hard to give the view from the other side. Not that it is one I agree with always or even often. Just so that it is understood why we have some of these hurdles in the 1st place, and maybe why others don't.

I give the opinion that sometimes it's ok to wave the white flag. It's not always going to go our way, given of course being a male identified cder.

Waving that flag doesn't mean entirely giving up on who you are. But depending on your own unique circumstances, waving the flag on specific issues. Going out, being dressed in front of our partners, even having them be any part of it at all perhaps. Sometimes, it's better to pull back and wait for a better time.

Some view this as giving in to society. And to a point, maybe so. There again are the choices. Can we have our cake and eat it too? Yes, sometimes, but maybe not the entire cake.

Lastly, I don't ever really feel there is a right or wrong. I only know what is right or wrong for me. I'll never say anyone should or shouldn't do anything. I truly wish everyone the best possible outcome for their situation.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Yep, pretty much my thoughts and recommendations/comments too.

Gendermutt, well said. I agree that we should not deeply prod into someones issues, yet they ask for our thoughts. For example you are happily married. I went though two divorces and countless girlfriends. So I have a unique experiences with females of many differences. They all all different and amazing and I got to see a lot of different persuasion. What is right or wrong? It doesn't matter. We are all on different track and we should all stick together as we get smacked quite a few times in this forum. I do hope that all who are here has very good outcome in all they do. I always try to say nice things and some times people need professional help
    Part Time Girl

Hi gendermutt..Did someone bring you to task for some advice you posted that caused you to write this? Anyway , well written and to the point.. a lot of common sense in what you write...

I find your comments and advice helpful! May be there is someone who needs to grow a tougher skin! They must apply your advice to their circumstances. You can only advise and comment and they need to do the work! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ronnie girl, no one in particular. I just took some time to let the members here know that I do feel their frustrations, who exactly are of my thoughts, which are male identity cders. Also, that anyone who does decide or feel a true need to put their gender issues at the top of the list is still ok with me, for them.

Dana, I had a bit of gf and a 1st marriage experience and I believe I've gotten a bit of variance on the gg perspective. I was never one to date essentially the same girl over and over again.

While I'm not the Beacon of sympathy here, I do try to be respectful and not put people down. Just offering another side, an alternative view point.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 05-03-2017 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Reply to deleted abuse no longer needed

Banned Read only
    Variety is the spice of life. Cross dressing is such a very tiny part of an identity, it's just as unlikely people will.make friends here if they don't make them elsewhere. Imagine being clumped with people based on clothing choices. Bizarre isn't it.

I note your concerns are exclusively for males that indulge in wearing pretty clothes. Are they better people in your mind? Have you generally observed positive social results as a result of positive discrimination?

Strange post.

Sandin, please define with some examples what is positive discrimination. Those words do not register with my old mind. Thanks

I originally wrote some long-winded opening paragraph but had to throw that out. Let's get to the meat of what I want to say.

The points you made are on-target, i.e., everyone's situation is different. So, instead of responding to a post with "Sorry to hear that" you respond with "well, what did you expect?". It is difficult to understand the complete context in which a post is made and this may (or may not) cause a response to be perceived as flippant. Regardless, I understand that these forums prefer to be a support tool, a platform for encouragement and growth, but at the same time a dose of reality may be called for.

We have exchanged a few dialogues and they have all been well written and thoughtful but I fully expect to be served a healthy dose of reality when called for, by anyone.

Lauren
    Last edited by LaurenDeHart; 05-02-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Thanks gendermutt for your thoughts, we are all different and in different places in our lives, this is not unique to just the cd or trans community it's life.
    I have a bad habit here of being an encourager to many and I have no idea if their in a good marriage or if my advice would
    harm them I'm guilty of it. I try more to just give my perspective of my own experiences.
    Keep up what you do we all have different experiences
    Rachael Leigh

Banned Read only
    the practice or policy of favouring individuals belonging to groups which suffer discrimination

OK, Thanks Sandin

GM, I liked your post. I didn't come here for sympathy. I tell my story and thoughts, hoping to hear from like-minded members. But we are a very diverse group,, not like-minded just because we crossdress. I can take others' thoughts and advice, but not judgement. That's when I push back. I sometimes exercise another option, ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandin Meknickers View Post
    Variety is the spice of life. Cross dressing is such a very tiny part of an identity, it's just as unlikely people will.make friends here if they don't make them elsewhere. Imagine being clumped with people based on clothing choices. Bizarre isn't it.

I note your concerns are exclusively for males that indulge in wearing pretty clothes. Are they better people in your mind? Have you generally observed positive social results as a result of positive discrimination?

Strange post.
    When I make such posts, with less than sympathetic advice or opinions, it's for those people. I do make other posts toon.

I don't put a higher or lower value on anyone, here or elsewhere. I don't discriminate to those whose path goes beyond that of a male identified cder. There is a somewhat new member in the ts forum who has recently decided transition is what she needs to do. All the while knowing, and experiencing the hardships caused on her marriage. I do not condemn her actions. My posts are not meant for people in her situation, and I do try to add the qualifier that if a person does desire to, or need to go further, they should.