Thread: Doctor's Appointment tomorrow

Doctor's Appointment tomorrow

I'm going to the dermatologist's tomorrow for a body scan and I know that I'm going to have to strip down to my skivvies. I'm not going to wear panties, but my toenails are painted coral. I had planned on taking off my nail polish, but I didn't get around to it.

I don't even expect it to come up, but if it does, I just plan to own it. She wouldn't be the first doctor that knows about my affinity for wearing nail polish. Before it's always been because I've been surprised by a request to take off my shoes and socks. This time I won't be surprised.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Are you really worried about it? Doesn't sound as if you are.
    And we all know the usual excuses....girlfriend/SO did it to us and we forgot OR, I was just curious, do you like it?...there must be a dozen others. This one, does not appear to be a big problem

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Good for you Steffi! I remember going to my VA doctor two years ago, wearing a bra, and finally decided to own it. No one cared, she just slid it aside to check my heartbeat, and I felt like I had achieved a new milestone. I hope you will feel the same afterward!

I just had my annual dermatologist checkup a couple of weeks ago. I have a nurse practitioner do the exam and freeze or shave off moles and suspicious spots. She started last year requiring a full body scan, meaning no clothes. It is a bit embarrassing since there is also a very young and cute female scribe there to document the appointment. I get over that real quick when it is all about my health. I usually have painted toe nails, but started going with clean nails so that she can also check for toe nail fungus, which I occasionally get.

I haven't removed my ever-present toenail polish for a medical exam in over 20 years. All my doctors, nurses and technicians have seen it, whenever there was an occasion to take off my socks. A few have commented, usually with a smile. When I was in the hospital for nine days in 2001, one nurse was especially smitten by it and made a playful comment every time she would come into my room. Nobody has ever treated it as a big deal, and some have managed to have a little fun with it. Totally not a problem.

- Diane

I have never been a big supporter of wearing feminine things for a doctors visit. I just don't think it is fair to subject your doctor to your crossdressing. (unless the doctor already knows). Although it may not be embarrassing for you...It might put the doctor in a very uncomfortable position, and I just don't think that is the right thing to do.

The doctor is in my eyes no different than any other job, example if you take your car in to a mechanic would you wear flip flops to show your toe colors or your grocery store check out clerk, what about a police officer? Why would your doctor be any different? Just wondering why the doctor. Is it because you think they won't talk about the client they have that wears his toes painted. Wether male or female in all medical professions I bet they talk just like every one else. I know if you have a problem it is written on medical charts where every nurse, medical secretary, and office staff probably has access to. Sounds like you might enjoy letting some Doctor, Nurse or staff member know as you know your going, and you know you might have to take off your shoes n socks, so unless your out or want to be caught then why would it be a big deal.

Two comments on this one;

first, several years ago I didn't want to remove the red polish on my toes for my annual physical. My wife said it wouldn't be a problem as they won't make me take my socks off. Can you see this one coming? Yup, doctor demanded I strip down to my underwear (I have a couple of pairs left for just these occasions). There I was with my red toes in all their glory. Nobody said boo or batted an eye. Not even when the nurse had to put the EKG sensors on my ankles.

Second, my therapist read somewhere that a very significant percentage of men today wear polish on their toes. Hmmmm.......

The doctor did comment on my nail polish when she got down to scan my feet. She said, "I like your nail polish". The medical assistant liked it also. Then we had a short discussion on if the color was orange, peach, apricot or coral. However, it is now in my permanent record. The medical assistant records all my existing moles and stuff on a body chart to assess changes the next time I come it. It says, "Wearing nail polish".

I still don't care unless my wife finds out, in which case, she'll just have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I just had my annual dermatologist checkup a couple of weeks ago. I have a nurse practitioner do the exam and freeze or shave off moles and suspicious spots. She started last year requiring a full body scan, meaning no clothes. It is a bit embarrassing since there is also a very young and cute female scribe there to document the appointment. I get over that real quick when it is all about my health. I usually have painted toe nails, but started going with clean nails so that she can also check for toe nail fungus, which I occasionally get.
    My dermatologist is a woman, and I made the appointment for a full body scan. I get to keep my undershorts on, and she gives me a paper gown. My doctor's medical assistant (scribe) is also very young (20 something) and very cute with beautiful strawberry blonde hair. I was going to take my nail polish off for the same reason as you, but I just didn't get around to it.

@Tama: No, I'm not worried about it in the slightest. The main reason I posted this thread was as a contrast to all those threads that express fear of revealing something feminine to the doctor.

@Allison: It's not really a milestone because several doctors already know. It's just the first time that I knew it will be seen. All the other times it was kind of a "Whoops, I didn't expect to be taking my socks off."

@Michelle: I'm not putting something on to display to the doctor. I'm not taking something off because I don't care if it is displayed to the doctor.

@Jaylin: I don't know that they won't talk about it, but they're not supposed to. That's protected by the HIPPA privacy laws. I knew that I would have to take my shoes and socks off. But I'm not getting caught because I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Being yourself is healthy, I suspect the medical community has more important things to concern themselves with during exams.

You done the right thing and got good interactions with the nurses affirming things are all good ! No harm with some nail polish.

Funny thing happened to me last week, I went and had a blood test done and the report came back a few days later with my gender marked: unknown

I just rolled my eyes when I read it.........
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    A few weeks ago I also did a checkup at the dermatologist and yes my toes were painted. They did the full body scan and I
    did not remember needing to remove my socks before but of course they needed me to. Not only that I had panties on my
    normal micro fiber ones peach in color. Both the assistant and Dr were very professional about it all. I'm sure I made there day just for something different

Steffi, dear.

Put your panties back on!
    I just went to the rec center this morning for my lap swim. Upon finishing, I was in the mens locker room to dry and dress. It dawned on me at one point that I was standing in the middle of a public locker room in black panties (w lace waist trim), toenails painted red and I'm sporting gold ear hoops. I didn't bat an eye. And neither did anyone else.

Trust me. Even when people look, they don't see it. Be bold. Be you.
    Enjoy, and hope your skin clears.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I started going to a dermatologist (male) last year. Since I have no partner anymore, no one to check my body out for suspicious spots.

He had me get naked except for my panties, but did pull them down for a quick check. I always have bare feet so nothing there.

I have a skin thing called seborrheic keratosis, they are mole like things, inherited from my father. Mostly on the trunk of the body. They get bigger and uglier with age. They can be in awkward areas.
    No suspicious things, and had him cut or freeze some of the worst. Medicare covers the removal.

Also get skin tags, but he said they have to charge for removal.

Another thing to add to the "huh" box....I am a nurse.....we see people at their most vulnerable. I want my patients to be healthy, I do not care if they have polish or lace underwear on! LOL I had an experience as nurse with a crossdresser prior to finding out about Joni. As a pediatric home care nurse we had a client who's father was a CD, the Mother worked night shift, and the Dad would dress while she was gone....So the Home care nurses knew and the wife didn't! No one said a word.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Steffi, dear.

Put your panties back on!
    I just went to the rec center this morning for my lap swim. Upon finishing, I was in the mens locker room to dry and dress. It dawned on me at one point that I was standing in the middle of a public locker room in black panties (w lace waist trim), toenails painted red and I'm sporting gold ear hoops. I didn't bat an eye. And neither did anyone else.

Trust me. Even when people look, they don't see it. Be bold. Be you.
    Enjoy, and hope your skin clears.
    I know, I'm hijacking my own thread, but I can't let this go by without a response.

You go girl. You are really brave. You have way more muffins than me.

I go to Gold's Gym, and I really fear the testosterone-laden, free-weight men. I don't want to get stuffed in a locker. I usually do yoga 3 times a week, but sometimes substitute Body Pump (a mostly GG weightlifting class) or Zumba (an all GG dance aerobic class). I've worn panties to the locker room, but the most male-looking ones I have and I do a quick change from work pants to workout pants. Now I change into my girly yoga pants and racerback tops in my locked office and "overdress" in my male workout pants and T shirt. My painted toes aren't exposed until I takeoff my socks. And I save my clip-on earrings for out and about in full girl mode.

As for looking and not seeing. I've talked to many, many girls at yoga class when I thought they were intrigued by my painted toes. None have admitted seeing them, even when their mat is 2 feet away from me. Maybe it's just me, but I check out the nail polish on all the girls.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-05-2017 at 10:07 PM.