Thread: awkward manicure followed with amazing evening coming out to an old friend

awkward manicure followed with amazing evening coming out to an old friend

so Today I had a manicure and pedicure , partly inspired by a recent post about pedicures ok or not post. I Went through it . Brought my own essie colors . I ended up having the manicure next to a young girl about 9 0r 10 years old , that was potentially awkward , but no one batted an eye , not me nor her ,nor any one else in the very busy salon . Then while at the drying area , i Sat next to a very (very) beautiful woman who chased up with me about the colors i picked and how she can find them .

well that was , great .
    Next I met up with 6 other girls for a fancy dinner in the lower east side nyc . we had a great dinner , took lots of pictures and then went to another place that warlike an old speak easy bar . here is where it got real for me ... we were there for a half an hour and in walesd an old friend of mine from the regular drab boy world . THIS GUY ACTUALLY INTRODUCED ME AND MY EX WIFE TO EACH OTHER ! I had to think fast and decide if I would try to talk to him or avoid him .. I chose to go right to him and start talking . well we reconnected after 15 years lapse. I came out to him in thse realest way . I thanked him for having such a good influence on my life .... his response was so comforting and accepting . He said that he was probably more ok with it than I was . I e : he was easier with my status tham i am . (!)

That was the one of most profound thing I have ever heard about coming out to a friend. so reassuring and a comfort .
    We talked upload stories and traded contact info . I will call him asap later this week and stay in contact. coming out was easier than i thought with this one very important person .

There is no accounting for the number of coming out stories that are positive, equally as confusing are those that turn out negative when all is thought to be good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Wow, Barbara. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us.

Barbara, sounds like a great time. I'm glad running in to your friend was positive.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's great to find old friends and even better when they are ok with you being you.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    There is no accounting for the number of coming out stories that are positive, equally as confusing are those that turn out negative when all is thought to be good.
    I totally agree with You Beverly . This was pretty intense for me to come out like that . This was a very old friend that i knew many years ago , he had a significant good impact on my life . We lost contact somehow . he is more or less an internet recluse ,so it was hard to find him through fb etc. I have been trying to find him for a while .
    A very risky disclosure for me , because he knows so many of my old friends from that time . I had to weigh this in my mind for a few seconds . I could have let him pass by and risk to not see him again for 15 more years . Or risk outing myself in the drab world . We will see what course it goes .
    Last edited by barbara gordon; 05-05-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Congrats on being able to come out with such a positive result! I am in a similar situation as my friend and I lost contact for many years and finally met again on facebook. He wants to come down in the fall to visit and i am not sure if I should come out to him or not! If it would be negative then he would not have to drive 12 hours to get here! He could stay home! He is also bringing his wife and I know nothing about her! Decisions decisions! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix