Thread: Big Day! Coming Out a Little at Work

Wink Big Day! Coming Out a Little at Work

So I have been thinking about giving HR a "heads up" about what is happening in my life. Last week I sort of promised the HR manager that I would be stopping by her office for a chat this week.

On Monday my dumb "donkey" cousin broke my heart and it really sent me off the deep end. He promised to come for the loved ones night at the support group I have been attending. He canceled at the last minute.

Anyway I finally got enough nerve today to book some time with the HR manager. Now my invite said "Stuff" so I could have always gone in and talked about something else. :P

I did end up talking about my transition (where ever that leads me! )

She was nothing but supportive and it made me incredibly happy and relieved. Basically it was don't worry about me/the company/coworkers just worry about you and let us know where you are at and what are your plans. Together we will make this work.

Also I found out that I am not a stealth as I thought I was.

Woo Hoo!!

Love,

Claudia

Aspiring Member
    Claudia, that is great news, congratulations. I myself am starting to consider my coming out strategy for work so hearing your story is encouraging. Thanks for sharing and I hope your continued coming out at work goes just as smoothly.