Thread: The other side.

The other side.

Haven't been here for quite a while.
    Am now on the other side of retirement. Every day is Saturday now.
    The tension of working was overwhelming, did not feel well.
    Now that I have time to be myself, well, feeling better.
    How far can this go? Betty really wants to dominate. That's alright.
    We have the time now. How far can this go?
    Does it matter?

Betty:

Welcome back.

Beiing a few years beyond you in age, I fully understand the desire to retire. I'm well past my eligibility, and may soon give it up. I already have a fair amount of Rhonda time in my life. My very understanding and accepting wife is afraid that I'll slide too far into it and that Rhonda will become my dominant presentation. As you said: "How far can this go?". For me, it could go too far. But, Ive kept it all in relative balance this far, I am confident I can continue to do so.

Again welcome back.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Betty,

Congratulations on your retirement. I know what you mean but I'm sure you'll find balance. It's been a while so welcome back, feel free to PM me sometime.

God Bless
    Jolene

Hi Betty,

Congratulations on taking the plunge to retire.

I'm on terminal leave and my retirement date is 1 June. I'm already enjoying the notion of not having to go back to work.

I finally let the company know officially I wasn't coming back this past Thursday. They sent me a nice note wishing me well.

Finding the right balance between our two selves is a challenge and one that my wife and I are working on. I am taking it slow and easy and if in doubt I don't pick the feminine solution. I see the slippery slope and could easily spend the majority of my time as Linda or somewhere in between, which is just as bad to my wife.

Again, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Hugs,
    Linda W.

Aspiring Member
    Betty,

Retirement is a true gift. Now it is time to give yourself priority. Best advice I got: "every day consider what to do to improve your health-- exercise, create, bucket-list items". I can't emphasize enough how your core health care will impact your retirement satisfaction. Lots of questions. Been there. For me the dressing did not much change.

It takes months to decompress after a career. Be patient and kind with yourself.

I retired 13 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. My life is significantly better today.

Jodi

I understand what your saying, the dressing now occupies a lot of my mind now in busy times. I could only imagine when I'm not as busy how far it will go. Keep us informed so if nature takes it part I'll know what to expect.