Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Money and dressing

I find that having some disposable income does give me temptation to go out and buy a nice outfit or makeup but I'm sure the temptation would be there even if I was broke. Back when I was a broke college student I rarely dressed though so maybe it does factor into it a little bit

Banned Spammer
    Some very interesting replies here

If anyone was offended, then none was meant.
    Just making a view from what I have seen.

It must be a controversial subject as 50 replies for one of my posts is wow!

Hi Kairi,
    It is possible that some of those who are retired may have more free time for contributing to the forum discussions, or that those who have more money may have more lavish wardrobes, but that doesn't necessarily mean a greater desire to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Kairi,
    I made one promise to my wife which I intend to keep and that is my dressing isn't going to cost a fortune .
    Teresa, this is something which i had to reassure my wife about when i came-out to her recently. As well as her worries about exactly what i might want to wear, people finding out etc , she was concerned that i might start spending money we can't really afford on new things, which i would only wear in private anyway.
    Fortunately, i recently received a generous sum of money for my birthday from relatives, who said "Get yourself some new clothes with it!". As they don't know about my cross-dressing, i can't imagine what they would say if they knew what i want to buy haha
    Last edited by Krea; 05-09-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: grammatical
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    When all is said...

It has been sometimes said that how 'far' one goes with their CD / TS feelings often depends on their opportunities to pursue it.

Money can simply often give one more opportunities.... with anything.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-09-2017 at 11:05 AM.

As with almost everything, there is a level of practicality... and the urge to splurge once in a while. While I'm sure that those of us with a sizeable income probably get nicer things and probably do so more often, it is probably all tempered with some practicality.

I would like and could afford a tux but would it be worth it if I only wore it two-three times per year? Probably not so ther isn't one hanging in my closet. If I had a lot more money OR would wear it a lot more often, then the circumstances would be changed and my decision probably would be as well.

Lacy PJs