Thread: Pinkfest 09/26/2017 to 10/01/2017 in Chicago, IL

Pinkfest 09/26/2017 to 10/01/2017 in Chicago, IL

It's almost that time of year again. Pinkfest dates for Chicago have been set. Come join us for any or all of the activities starting September 26 through October 1, 2017.

None of the activities have been set yet. Planning is done by consensus and suggestion of the attendees, usually during the month or so prior to the event. We will be seeing plays, eating out, enjoying happy hours (daily), shopping, sightseeing, and generally just enjoying being out and about.

Last years activities included the Museum of Science and Industry, Blue Man Group, a Second City show, the play Wonderful Town, and other fun activities. This year I'm hoping to get The Taming of the Shrew at the recently re-opened Chicago Shakespeare Theater on the schedule. If it doesn't make it, I'll probably go by myself and take along any other rogue attendees who are interested.

The forum where this planning takes place can be accessed from here.

Please stop by, make your suggestions, and then join us for the activities. It doesn't matter whether you come to one event or all of them. You'll have fun. You'll be welcomed. You'll meet great people. I'll be there at every event (not that I'm great). Well, I do sometimes skip the late evening social hour since I'm not a drinker and that is often the primary focus of that schedule item. If it's your first time out, someone from the group will happy to help you take that first step out the door. If you're with me you'll get to enjoy the use of public transportation (fantastic in Chicago) as you whisk your way around town.

I will be driving up from St. Louis on the morning of Sep 26 and driving back on Monday, Oct 1 should anyone from that area wish to ride along one direction or the other. Amtrak is also a great option between St Louis and Chicago. I've taking that route a couple of times myself, both en homme and en femme.

I typically use AirBnb for my lodging in Chicago. I'm willing to split a place with someone else if they are needing that extra moral support. Chicago has great whole house options with multiple bedrooms and the selection seems to be getting better each year.

Ask questions here or send me a PM if you'd like to keep things more private.
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.

Wow thanks for reminding me sounds like something I would like to do

Reminder. This event starts in just under two weeks.

Current plans include the plays Spamilton (at The Royal George theater), The Taming of the Shrew (at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier), and 1984 (at The Raven theater).

Visit the forum accessible via the link in the first post on this thread for the latest schedule. We're still putting it together. Food, fun, and friends for all!
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.