Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I too old to feel this way?

If you can move your not too old Misty. just do what you can when you can.
    Angie

I can't give advice on SO's or marriage but it seems to be a theme here about getting older and realizing that we have this need to express ourselves even more than ever as we age. I think once we live our lives and meet our responsibilities to the norms of society we need to express our "hidden" being and the urge is strong. I can only say for myself that once I said to heck with it I'm going to enjoy my femme self and yes at first the "fog" took over but than I found my niche in expression and now feel so much better and time to live my latter years un conflicted and enjoy being "myself". I've even found that I don't feel as old as I used to. I hope this helped.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    Misty

The short answer is you are not too old, not by a long way.
    I have had CD feelings since teenage years but suppressed them as ‘wrong’ until a few years ago. On reaching 65 my wife and I did a senior gap year and had a wonderful year travelling after which I thought “Well if I don’t CD now I never will.” By then I knew a lot more about the ‘hobby’ and on forums like this I learned a lot. Gradually I built up a small wardrobe and found I liked dressing and wanted to do more. I told the SO who is not keen and thus I live in a DADT situation. However, my SO has donated a few items and sometimes buys things from charity shops and recently has let me spend nights in a separate bedroom dressed overnight (bra, forms, nightie etc).
    I suggest you go for it before it is too late. I have never regretted it and am now 70.
    Good luck
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I am sixty six and still going strong on the fem side. In fact she is much more of me today and I appreciate her. The desire never goes away and the older we get it seems to give us more resolve.to be who we are.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    When you stop enjoying the things that give you pleasure or stop having fun, THAT'S when you grow old! I know. I'm in my early 80s, and enjoying my girly self more than ever!!

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I agree with the others here that if you can maybe it is time to get some stuff together and head off for a day in a hotel room playing dress up. As for your age I do not think you are too old as I hit the big 60 in October this year. Please folks no cards or flowers - just send money. Remember all you can do is try your best to look your best given the fact you are a bloke. To cheer you up, and at the risk of coming over a bit narcissistic here are a couple of pictures of a nearly 60 year old man in a couple of nice dresses. Now go get organised
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    Not to old at all. I'm 61, the desire to dress is as strong as ever. Congratulations on the new heels.
    Also 61! The desire and the wardrobe are doing just fine.
    ~Abby

Wow ladies where do I start...Let me start by saying I am so so happy that I found this forum and that I took the first step of joining and sharing a bit about myself. I could never have imagined that there were so many ladies that not only are in the a similar boat as me, but more surprising they are willing to talk about themselves and even share some great pictures as Pauline did from beautiful Scotland. I have not been to Scotland yet but I have been to Ireland several times and in fact will be back there in July so I do know how beautiful that part of the world is and with you there makes it even better. Keep it up girl you look great. Thanks to the rest of you for helping me come to appreciate Misty more and what she brings to my life. Yes I have kept her buried inside of me for the longest time but she is still there and has been waiting patiently to come out and play! I guess things are a bit harder for me based on my background and the way I was raised. I sometimes think I first got married just to run away from Misty and some of the other thoughts and desires running through my mind. When I was a boy I remember trying on some of my mother's clothes and just admiring myself in the mirror and thinking how nice it felt...I somehow felt relief and happiness that to this day I cannot explain. When I got married I put all of that out of my mind and tried to convince myself that it was not who I really am and if I pursued that all I would do is hurt myself and my family so I ran and ran fast by going into the military and then pursuing a career in law enforcement. Hitting the gym on a daily basis and doing everything else I could to just get over it but I guess in the end nothing worked because she is still there...still whispering in my ear to let her out and enjoy her company! A lot of years have passed since then and over the past couple I have taken some babe steps...as most do at the beginning I bought some undergarments and hose then a little makeup (lipstick) as I mentioned earlier I grew a light beard just to hide Misty so I can't use too much other makeup at this time....I tend to dress in those things under my clothes while I am traveling on business and even go out with them....there were times when I was wearing them in the room as I ordered room service...not sure why but I think in the back of my mind I wanted to get caught or I wanted someone to know about Misty if that makes sense. I even remembered going into a couple of stores and bringing in dresses with mens clothes just to try them on...that was nice until one women called my attention and said you can leave the dresses here while you try things on and instead of taking the leap and saying they were for me I just left them....I know that I am getting stronger and that Misty is getting stronger and with everyone's help here I will be able to come to terms with everything...I now feel I am not too old but at the same time life is short so I need to make a move soon...thanks again ladies for all the thoughts and advice and more importantly letting me know that even if my SO is not on board with this I am still not alone...hugs and kisses to you all Misty! xoxo

Being able to travel is great.

While traveling:

I went shopping for the first time in decades, in Albuquerque
    I tried on clothes, and found out no one cared, in many places
    I met up with a group of girls in Houston (some from this forum)
    I went for dinner and private shopping with a group of girls in Denver (some from this forum)
    I got my first makeover in Houston
    I went out to eat alone and with another girl, dressed, in Houston

One of my first interactions with an SA.

One funny story. I was in Sugarland, Houston, and I saw a pair of embroidered jeans in the display window. After getting up my courage, I went into the store.

Me (to SA): I'd like to look at those embroidered jeans in the display window

SA For your wife?

Me: Umm, no, (cough) (cough) for me.

SA: (Shocked silence) Umm, do you know what size you wear?

Me: Usually about a 12.

SA: Do you want to try them on?

Me: Yes, if I can.

She got me a 12 and a 14 (i guess she didn't believe me) and she brought me to a dressing room.

SA: Let me know if you need any help.

The 14 was huge on me, and even the 12 was too large. Then I looked at the price tag. $145.

I came out, as the SA was coming back to check on me.

SA: How did they fit.

Me: Even the 12s were too big.

SA: Well, let me get you a size 10.

Me: Umm, no thanks, they're really out of my budget.

SA: Starts explaining why they are so expensive.

Me: I didn't say that they weren't worth it, but I can't afford them.

It's funny. Once she figured out that I was a serious buyer, the only think on her mind was commission. The fact that I was a dude in full boy mode didn't matter.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    I can't give advice on SO's or marriage but it seems to be a theme here about getting older and realizing that we have this need to express ourselves even more than ever as we age. I think once we live our lives and meet our responsibilities to the norms of society we need to express our "hidden" being and the urge is strong. I can only say for myself that once I said to heck with it I'm going to enjoy my femme self and yes at first the "fog" took over but than I found my niche in expression and now feel so much better and time to live my latter years un conflicted and enjoy being "myself". I've even found that I don't feel as old as I used to. I hope this helped.
    I'm with you Allisa. Tired of meeting the standards set by others; being defined and confined by those standards, especially the superfluous ones. Been there, done that. It's time to be me and enjoy.

Karen

Hi Misty
    DADT is don't ask don't tell
    I am couple years older than you are and it is never to late to let your inner woman out and go play.
    I could never go out in public as i am quite hairy lol and a mustache is one of those things my wife says don't touch
    I am also in a dadt situation which is fine. so I go out for a drive when she's out of town.
    Misty have a place to put your things that are safely put away from others. just a word of caution

Leann

Hi Leann thanks for the education...I see people using different acronyms here and I am easily getting lost... It seems you and I have something in common except for me it's a light beard that if I shaved off would cause a problem...when I first grew it out of trying to hide who I am inside she hated it but then it started to grow on her, especially after a received a few nice comments so getting ride of it now would be bad...but having said that I have thought of one day going to the barber and having him shave it off and just go home saying the barber made a mistake so I decided to have it all removed...just not brave enough yet...lol I guess it's not so much brave just my way of avoiding a confrontation...I do know what you mean about finding a nice place to put things away...right now in my office I have several pairs of panties, a few lipsticks and all of the other accessories needed like a mirror and a cute little bag to place my things in and of course a nice pair of red heels that I wear around the office on occasion...but even this scares me because I think one day someone might have to look for something in my office while I am gone and come across my stash...maybe I could explain most things, but the size 15 heels would be difficult...oh well the world I live in...lol

No, you're not too old. In Texas we say "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as quickly as I could." Some people just take a long time to get where they're going. Besides, when you get older, you start caring a lot less about what other people think. This makes it a lot easier just to be yourself.

Welcome to the party!

I'm the big 60 I wish I had more time to dress.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?