Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I prefer to feel natural when I dress". What does that mean to u?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question "I prefer to feel natural when I dress". What does that mean to u?

I try to look like a natural woman when I dress. And, I go to extraordinary lengths to accomplish that.

But, in most posts here it seems to mean "just throwing on a dress" and not much else.
    And, I wonder how looking like an obvious man in a dress could be referred to as "natural"?

Easy, quick, simple; yes. But, natural?
    What do u think "dressing natural" should mean?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think most here would agree that natural is being as simply feminine in presentation as possible. For me, it means minimal makeup and no enhancements besides forms. As much as I adore this look, I also am fascinated by shape and what I can do to take it to the next level.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I always feel natural when I dress, which does not mean boring. It just feels good and natural. When dressed like that I follow the same routine as I always do, not more nor less. The key word is "feeling" which is hard to "feel" when others say that. It is their feeling, not yours or mine. Maybe it is that they just feel more like a woman and not a flashy replica of one in that moment?

I'm with you doc, at least so far. I'm entering a new phase where I'm exploring makeup and wigs in an attempt to find my look. I'm hoping that it will be presentable enough to not make babies cry and scare small animals. We'll see. For me doing the best I can with what I have is a goal.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Natural is what it all means to me , OK not exactly throwing on a dress but it is surprising how quickly I can dress now . That comes with years of closet dressing when it was panic mode to change back to drab, it's no bad thing now because you can try on clothes in shops fairly quickly.

Sometimes I think it's a prelude to going full time , dressing on a daily basis has to be quick within the bounds of not looking like a guy in a dress but staying as natural as possible . I wonder how many dispense with all the extra padding when they do it on a daily basis , it's not a problem to me because I don't use it.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I too love the natural woman look which means that I do not dress to the nines on a daily basis. I do however dress feminine like today. I had some time and needed to get some house wares put away from my kitchen remodel and some office work done from home as well. Paulette got up and took her shower attended to all of the normal stuff shaving the legs and arm pits and of course what s left of the facial hair. Then it was panties, bra (small forms)yoga pants and a camisole and flip flops showing off my painted toes. Light make up foundation, mascara. Enjoyed the freedom of the clothes and got everything done in half the time. I have been able to wear gils clothes every weekend for the last two week ends and no one has even noticed that I am wearing a woman's long sleeve shirt or a woman's T shirt along with girl tennis shoes and jeans. I have had my small B cup breasts attached and gone bra less with plenty of nipple showing while wearing the T-shirt and no one has given me a second look.

Ladies we just need to own what we are wearing and get on with life.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I go out 100% girl mode its all the way and not my everyday normal 50/50 mode.
    Girl mode to me is make up, hair done up properly or a wig all the proper female accessories also.
    I do wear womens jeans and t shirts or tops everyday but in 50/50 mode.
    I'm not expecting people to think I am female if I am dressed that way. Maybe feminine guy is what that would be called.
    Either mode of dress feels natural to me.

Feeling natural to me means what ever feels right at the moment. Most of the time this means wearing my Lee jeans, a polo or t shirt, and a comfy sweatshirt over a nice bra and some pretty panties. Pretty much the same way my wife dresses most of the time. Works for us.

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    A latex suit and rubber mask="a natural look"?

A natural look for me is being dressed with minimal preparation, that is what I do around the house without public exposure.

To go out I do have to cover the warts and all and look acceptable to others without seeing a stubble on my cheeks, and still a minimal amount of makeup works for me.

Neat clothing and nothing just thrown on or unwashed for a week is considered.

In Party mode for an evening, it is get appropriately dressed for the event I am attending.

It may seem natural but it takes a lot of work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well if dressing like a natural woman means to dress naturally and feel like the woman I am, I should be able to dress how I wish and not be expected to be dressed like a model in a clothing store brochure.
    I, like Tracii am dressed like a feminine guy most of the time, a very feminine guy, but if I was offered a hot date I would get made up in the same way that a real female would get made up, and that isn't dressing natural either!
    So dressing natural to me is just dressing so I feel like the pretty woman I am!

Au Naturale Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Daniella Argento
    I always feel 'natural' when I dress.
    My mental image of my self lines up better and is ore congruent with the image I see in the mirror when I am presenting as a woman.
    That feels natural, whether I am in high top Skechers and jeans and a t-shirt or a cocktail dress and stilettos...

For myself it means it's "natural" to do it and I "naturally" like to look nice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Natural is the feelings one gets from being calmed, by what one is wearing. It seems to me that I can be stressed and stretched to the max but I can put on my panties, my long lounging dress and a calmness comes over me. I relax in my state of wearing what feels to me is or should be my normal every day state. A feeling inside that seems I am more right with myself inside out outside.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    What do u think "dressing natural" should mean?
    At the risk of sounding like Humpty Dumpty, it should mean whatever the speaker feels it means. There isn't really an objective standard. But in general I would think it would cover any situation that brings the person joy. And what it means will probably change over time. My own current presentation is not at all what I thought my goal would be ten years ago. I thought I'd want to "pass" (probably the most damaging metric in transgenderdom.) Now I don't want to be mistaken for a woman at all -- I want people to see and deal with a transgender person who looks exactly like they should look. That's my "natural."
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I get ready I think. 'what would a GG do' and I try to copy that as closely as I can, given the limitations of the male anatomy. So, good but not OTT make up, my wig, minimal underwear, usually just a bra, tights and two pairs of knickers (two to keep things in place), forms for boob shape and 'typical' everyday clothes. As I don't yet socialize I don't have to glam it up, though I could if I wanted. Just my interpretation but everyone will have a different one.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 05-09-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I throw on a dress and a wig. That's enough to make me look feminine (to me anyway). Sometimes I add dangly earrings and lipstick. None of this takes any time, and I see a woman looking back at me from the mirror. I hate wearing pants, and find them extremely uncomfortable. A dress or a skirt feels "just right."

This is why I posted, Pat. Because I didn't understand what feeling natural meant when I read posts here. Since I am a man and a CD, I NEVER feel natural dressed. But, I LOVE the feeling of looking like someone completely different!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat (aka Jennie) View Post
    At the risk of sounding like Humpty Dumpty, it should mean whatever the speaker feels it means. There isn't really an objective standard. But in general I would think it would cover any situation that brings the person joy. And what it means will probably change over time. My own current presentation is not at all what I thought my goal would be ten years ago. I thought I'd want to "pass" (probably the most damaging metric in transgenderdom.) Now I don't want to be mistaken for a woman at all -- I want people to see and deal with a transgender person who looks exactly like they should look. That's my "natural."
    Thank u for that, Pat. I'm learning a lot from the posts here!

Quote Originally Posted by natalie edwards View Post
    A latex suit and rubber mask="a natural look"?
    Well, I detest latex, Natalie. All my prosthesis r silicone. But, I get your point!

You've couched your question correctly. I don't FEEL natural when dressing but I want to LOOK like natural women!
    And, the answer is, "Yes, I think I do!" Much more so than if I simply throw on a dress. Showing my old man figure and face. Then, I don't resemble a "natural" anything!

Not to mention how fem I look with NO dress on at all. Something no other pre op dresser can do!
    IMG_3096 (618x640).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-09-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For me, "natural" means that I feel feminine without feeling awkward or overdressed--comfortable without being distracted by my appearance. That can change with the situation, it's how I feel. If I'm dressed on the outside so that it genuinely reflects my feelings on the inside, then I'm natural and happy.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I've never doubted your bravery , maybe I don't fully understand where you're coming from but I'm sure I would feel uncomfortable and unnatural wearing your silicon suit . The important thing is it gives you what you want and satisfies a need , to dress natural and be convincing is my goal , the less effort it takes the more satisfying it becomes because it means the male and female sides are coming together .

Silver Member
    For me, feeling natural depends on where I am, what I'm doing or where I may be going. Each scenario has a different naturalness for me. Sherry, I hoped I looked natural for the restaurant setting where we first met.

I dress completely natural. No form or anything. There are some things I wear that show my boobs large and others that hardly shows but it is all natural and I like it that way. Also some things I wear require a really good tuck and that looks entirely natural. You do look pretty natural in your own way Sherry and always present nice.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    Count me among the "natural" girls except for breast forms. I like to look presentable, but not tarty. I like to dress either casual, or in outfits that would not be out of place at either a "normal" social occasion, or in a professional environment. I choose my bras and panties for comfort mostly. I do have a couple of "sexy" things (lace panties, lace bra), but for I don't feel the need to be "sexy" but I do want to be clearly feminine. I try to keep makeup minimal, just enough to take the edge off the beard shadow but alas I have a dark beard, and it's work.

In my case I do feel "natural" when dressed. I had a couple of hours this morning and I threw together a very casual outfit (jeans, top, lipstick no makeup). I hadn't dressed in several days and it just felt nice, and well, natural, and comfortable. I feel more and more out of place and out of sorts in male attire.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    For me, "dressing natural" meant/means two different things...

When dressing totally en femme, it got to the point where everything had to be at the top of its game. And I do mean everything. If I had been born a GG, I wanted to look like her to the best of my abilities (without the aid of hormones & surgery). I wanted to look "legit" as possible, no detail too large or small. Anything & everything was heavily scrutinized, no stone left unturned.

I subscribed to the theory that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. I studied myself in the mirror, and also solicited/received feedback from others with an eye for detail. For the most obvious thing that "needed improving," I'd tackle it head on... Then move onto the next weakest area, and the next, and the next. Play up the femininity, and minimize or even "erase" the masculinity. Never-ending, always a work in progress. It was a game of inches (sometimes literally!), tons of little things which all added up to the big picture.

Basically, I wanted to look like a natural GG.

It took a long time to get there. A lot of researching & learning, a lot of trial & error, and a lot of time, money & effort over the years. It don't come easy.

The result was pretty fantastic, if I do say so, myself.

And yeah, people here can say or believe what they want about "passing," but I looked pretty darn convincing. Of course, can't fool everybody all the time, either.

From what I & my friends experienced/witnessed, I was viewed in the public's eyes as either a GG, or at the least, a "hot tranny." Yeah, I'll take either, thanks.

But was it worth it? Hard to say. In some ways, of course it was. It was beautiful, it was surreal, it was a total mind-trip. But part of me felt it *wasn't* worth it -- because deep down, part of me was unhappy. Always striving for "perfection" takes a physical, psychological & spiritual toll on you. And it's actually one reason of many, in hindsight, why I completely & unintentionally stopped dressing for several years.

These days, however, "dressing natural" takes on a whole new meaning for me. And this one feels much more pure, much more true to myself -- and a lot less pressure.

Total guy-mode. No wig, no padding, no make-up, no whatever. I move & talk & behave like a guy. Perhaps a bit of a polite & femmy guy who looks well put-together, but it's all good.

And in an outfit that consists entirely of chick-clothes.

Of course, I'm not out & about wearing skirts & hose & heels. No interest, really... Or nowhere near enough, anyway. Just a person going about their daily business. Perhaps not exactly blending in with other guys, but also not in-your-face screaming, "Hey everybody, look at me! I'm totally wearing women's clothes!!"

I want others to feel comfortable around me, whether or not I'm directly interacting with them. And for the most part, I think they are accepting, overall. Perhaps some may think it's a bit weird/"gay" for a guy to be wearing women's yoga pants with a cool print -- but probably not as weird if I were wearing said skirt, hose & heels, ya know? It's all about degree.

I dunno, I just feel more at ease with myself like this. More comfortable, physically & mentally & spiritually. It's a look that I like, and I feel free to just be, and do whatever I want/need to do. I still do put in a lot of effort in putting together my outfits, making sure that everything looks great together, including things like the right "balance" of color with the appropriate accents & highlights. And even to the smaller details, like making sure my running shoes are tied in a certain eye-pleasing way.

A bit obsessive, perhaps? But at the same time, for those in society out there who may have a small issue with how I'm presenting, while they might not necessarily agree with it, I think for many (or at least the GG's), it's like, "Well, as weird as it may be, at least he knows how to put together & wear an outfit... And gotta admit, as much as I hate to say it, he does look pretty darn good in it. So, well, you know... Whatever, I guess? "

Might sound like I'm dressing for the public. And in some sense, I suppose I am -- but only indirectly.

I feel that's simply an added side benefit to all this, as deep down, we all do want to just fit in & be accepted for who we are & what we look like.

Once again, I've jumped to the wrong conclusion. Most mean they FEEL natural in their posts here.
    Whereas I'm all about LOOKING natural!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    For me, feeling natural depends on where I am, what I'm doing or where I may be going. Each scenario has a different naturalness for me. Sherry, I hoped I looked natural for the restaurant setting where we first met.
    I don't know how u felt there, Jenny. But, I think both u and Cindi passed and could nearly anywhere!
    Lauren and I may be another story-----