Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For non-transitioners: Are you a woman, man, or both, or is it the clothes?

For non-transitioners: Are you a woman, man, or both, or is it the clothes?

This has probably been batted around many times on this forum, but i just wanted to see what y'all say. I think i am a male, with a fem side, AND I LOVE CERTAIN LADIIES' STYLES. Not all of their styles, though.

Banned Read only
    Man.

For the most part my male/female clothes are very similar: jean, t-shirts, shorts, sandals and sneakers.

My demeanor doesn't change all that much when I put a bra, wig and makeup either.

When boiled down-man! Feminine man in many aspects but have been a man for 65 years! Learning about myself slowly on the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Daniella Argento
    Probably a mix of both
    But mostly woman like over 66% woman
    That is where I feel happiest and most comfortable

I am a strange combination of Batman Adam West/ Catwoman Julie Newmar Go figure. I just really like dresses, hose, and heels!
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-10-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Man who likes to be feminine,but I really love the clothes.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    It took me sometime Alice to come up with an exact definition of this part of me but I finally think I understand I'm gender fluid, and I do put myself under the transgendered umbrella.
    In many ways it is more then just the clothes because I just so enjoy expressing myself when dressed that's why I knew I just couldn't hide behind closed doors anymore and now I go out about twice a week en fem

Leigh, Thanks for sharing this. I kind of feel that way, too. I greatly enjoy expressing the lady, when all dressed. Not at all when in man clothes. I believe men are very stifles, kind of straight jacketed, in dress, while with women, "the sky is the limit.". But, as a complex being, i also like to dress nice in guy things. But, when i am all dooled up, i really have an exhibitionist side, and on the rare times i do go out, as a super tall (over six footeight in heels) lady, it is such a thrill.

John Wayne and Julie Newmar is a good combo.

for me its
    mixed gender .

I can present as either masculine or feminine .
    No matter which way I dress , I am still the same person inside . A little too much male and a little too much female to be exactly either . Its not to be confused as androgynous .
    For outside appearance , if its male mode its all the way male and if its female mode its all the way female mode .

It's not about the clothes...they are more like a trigger and reminder. It doesn't take much, just a hint of lipstick sometimes, a reminder to myself that it's ok to be feminine. I'm a man with a strong feminine side.

In grammar school, the teachers would sometimes line up all the boys on one side and girls on the other, and with the slightest bit of dressing, like magic, I find myself transported to the girl's line, full of empathy and awareness of all the woman around me. I love being on the girls' side of the room, so I do things to remind me that I have a place there where I belong.

I thought half the reason most of us were here was because we don't conform to the gender binary.

Well if money and health risks was no concern, and especially if I had started a lot younger, I might have gone the transition route and gone full female, and not been part of the group you're asking to reply. But starting in my 50's, and with no way to afford a full transition, and the health risks at my age, I've become resigned to just being a 'part time girl'. I seriously doubt transition is in my future, because I can't afford it and I'm not sure the health risks are worth it, at my age. If I was suddenly able to afford all the expenses, and had a Partner who would stay with me through transition and enjoy me as a full-time female, I might revise where I stand regarding my possible transition. But for now, I think I'll continue with a foot in each world. I don't think either my male or female aspects will be going away any time soon, and I don't tend to go for a fully-mixed, androgynous presentation.

I think that mentally, I have strong aspects of both gender identities. Clothes help mold the identity and reinforce it, but they are not the end goal or the trigger, for me.

I can, quite happily, operate in an entirely female mode, and my personality and actions are somewhat different than me as a male. I identify as female when I go out as a woman in public. The clothes are fun and pretty and help complete the illusion of a full transition, but more and more I find myself happy to present as female while wearing less dramatically feminine attire. When I started, it was 'skirts only' for me when I went out, unless the venue was very much not a 'skirts' kind of place. Now? I'm quite likely to go with just women's jeans and a nice blouse or even a t-shirt, like many of my lesbian lady friends choose to wear. I like lots of clothes and shoes for the same reason any lady does. They are pretty, they look good on me, and they give me a choice in my wardrobe.

Yet I can also quite happily exist as a male. I do tend to keep certain feminine traits, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable for me to be perceived as a male. And in male mode, that is what I am - a guy. Even if I am wearing women's jeans and sneakers and have women's panties on, if I am not presenting female, complete with boobs and long hair and makeup, I don't feel I am female

For me, it's like flipping a switch, and placing a different operator in change. It's still 'me', yet the rules and choices differ.
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-09-2017 at 10:09 PM.

I like to think that I have the best of both worlds now.

I am both. I love expressing my feminine side as well as the masculine side.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica53 View Post
    I like to think that I have the best of both worlds now.
    I'll agree with this statement, it's simple and needs no more explanation to it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

As I have said in many posts, I view myself as transgender. When I say that, I mean that I'm not cisgender & not totally female either, somewhere in between perhaps. I have not transitioned. I probably never will but who knows? Is it the clothes? Yes to a large degree. Dressing makes me happy. I really like being feminine. What more can I say?

I'm a man and I've never had any doubts about that.

For me it's all about the clothes.

When I dress I want to be as feminine as possible.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    First of all good to see you back, I hope life is getting better for you now .

For starters I still can't truthfully answer TS or not ( OK that may upset some that argue you either are or not and there's no in between ). So there's a male body with a female trait, the clothes don't affect that fact , but the female side is like any female with needs and the clothes fulfill that need . I want to be seen and accepted as a woman . Most of us adopt a style which we believe reflects our personality OK there may be other things going on there like a sexual element , male clothing doesn't do the same thing for many of us so we prefer to dress to show how we feel inside . I would prefer now to do that most of the time , it feels as natural as dressing male but with added bonuses .

I'm a hybrid, both man and woman.

Neither, or both. Not really sure. Not one or the other, that's for sure.

I'm a woman all the time, although I can fake being male when necessary.

No femininity here: all male. I just like to wear clothes that are mostly worn by women and also by members of this forum (mostly males I hear?).

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Not an easy question to answer. I haven't figured it out yet.

Silver Member
    Hmm, At this time I'm a guy who loves women's clothes. While I fit well into women's clothes I'm still a guy. In my youth it was a lot different. I was torn between being a girl and a guy. I liked girls sexually, but really enjoyed being out and about as a girl. I wasn't interested in becoming a girl so much as living, wearing, acting as one. Other times I loved chasing after beautiful girls. Life was confusing. After marriage I was happy to be the man of the house with some crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    Hi there girls! I am a very handsome guy who absolutely loves to dress up as a cute, sexy, classy girl by the name of Scarlett!

However, on date night I go as a guy with the sexiest redhead in the world holding her hand on the way into both dinner and a movie and then can't wait to get home and light two Yankee Candles and watch the fireworks fly for about two of the best hours of my life each week!

I love getting my girl on and I love making love to my girl. I love being both a guy and a girl at different times during the week or month!

Love you girls and hope the above makes sense!

XOXOXO Scarlett