Thread: An (unusual) pick-up line

An (unusual) pick-up line

The Prelude

First thing I did at Keystone Conference was to get a pedicure, with coral. I twisted my ankle that night. Hurt it pretty badly. Honestly, I wasn't ready to wear my new heels. More practice at home was required.

I went to the doctor when I got home, toes still painted, and had to take my shoes and socks off for everyone: doctor, X-Ray Tech, nurse fitting me with an ankle brace (well not really her, but I just wanted to). Ankle just bruised, not broken, take NSAID, go to Physical Therapy

So, I'm at Physical Therapy a couple of weeks ago and everything is going fine until the GG exercise therapist says take off your shoes and socks. I had to pick up marbles with my toes. Toes are still painted. Oh well. No big deal. Although picking up the marbles was hard. Same exercise therapist I've seen many times.

At PT last Friday. Nails still painted. I figured that I'd be picking up marbles again. Oh, no. My GG exercise therapist is on vacation. Her substitute is a dude. Oh well, Just suck it up. He was actually cool about it. Told me about a place nearby called the "Man Cave" where they do mani/pedis for men only!

The pickup line.

There was an attractive woman who it turned out was wearing coral nail polish on her fingers. So, after I completed all my exercises and put my shoes back on, I went up to her and said, "I really like your nail polish. It looks just like the color on my toes."

Her: Really?

Me: Yes. And I took off one of my shoes and socks to show her.

Her: It is similar to mine, but mine is a little bit lighter.

Her: Do you paint your toes all the time?

Me: Yeah, most of the time.

Her: You know, not many guys do that.

Me: Yeah, but I'm too old to worry about what other people think.

Disclosure: No woman was picked up in the course of this conversation, although I thought she was very attractive. I'm married, it turned out she was married. I wasn't doing it to pick her up anyhow, it was just a conversation starter, but isn't that what a pickup line is?

So, I was thinking. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if my conversation starter really was a good pick-up line?

More coming tomorrow.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

As a pickup line, it would be hard to do that on the street. But there it was a pickup line. LOL A very different one. My yoga teachers see my painted toes all the time. MY ex yoga teacher told me they rock.
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not sure it's a "pick up line" unless someone makes an attempt to meet again later, Steffi?

To me, it sounds like u r simply a very gregarious, outgoing, trans.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I saw her again the following Monday.

Me: I'll bet you went home Friday and told your husband about the weird dude you met at PT who wore nail polish.

Her: Yes, actually I did.

Me: Well, I hope that you told him that I was artistic or creative. You should see if he wants his nails painted. Offer to paint his nails at home so he won't have to go to a salon to get it done.

Her: She didn't respond.

I still had fun doing it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    The sound of silence during a conversation can be very awkward indeed.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

It's ok for you to do it but not her husband kind of silence.

I think that last line was a little uncalled for - at that point she might start thinking that this guy (you) is kind of creepy.