Thread: Supportive Wife

Supportive Wife

My wife and I were talking last night about how many CDs wives were not accepting of this part of them. I am so lucky she has accepted this and is supportive (shopping is so much more fun now for both of us).

She texted me this morning that after seeing our adult son in a body building posing suit me in a dress is not shocking.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Your wife us one in a thousand. Your very lucky

Sounds like you wife is very supportive.
    Part Time Girl

It is very nice to have a supportive wife. It makes for much less stress around dressing.

Hugs,

Karen

I, too, have a very supportive wife and we've had the same conversation. I believe her acceptance was the result of my courage and honesty when I told her of my CDing before we tied the knot. I anticipated her leaving, but she didn't. We talked a lot and read a lot. We've not found any reasons "why", but continue to search. This is only one of the many reasons we enjoy this web site. She is so helpful, especially with makeup. We keep a great sense of humor, too. She'll never understand how I can wear hose or underwires...the things she can't wait to take off, and I can't wait to put on. Lol. Actually, I don't understand it either, but....👗👠👄💅👩*🔧💁

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I also am very lucky to have a supportive wife that is a part of (even if at time limited, by my choice) my lives.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

My wife is accepting and we have a great marriage. I'm the problem though, I sometimes feel guilty about dressing in front of her, I don't have a reason to but maybe it's the old traditions of being raised where I always had to sneak around to dress at an early age. Wife is not criticizing or judging but also she did marry me because she liked the masculine type guy and thus I try not to push the envelope in my dressing. I told her about the feelings I had after we had already had kids and she told me she knew I liked smooth things against my body and she already knew I loved makeup. She watched me many times watching her apply her makeup every morning. She will sometimes since we are the only two left at home ( kids grown and gone) will help me or ask if I need some of her lipstick. She has dressed me before and applied makeup on me. We have painted each other's nails and toes before. This sounds all good and great but I have found not to abuse it and she is more accepting. It works for us so we are both in love and growing old together. Oh by the way she even buys Jaylyn a Christmas present every year. If the wheel was turned I'm not sure I could be as kind and accepting as she is of me. Maybe that's what I feel guilty about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    My wife is accepting and we have a great marriage. I'm the problem though, I sometimes feel guilty about dressing in front of her, I don't have a reason to but maybe it's the old traditions of being raised where I always had to sneak around to dress at an early age.
    I am very blessed to have an accepting wife and a gr8 marriage. I also have the same feelings sometimes about dressing in front of her especially after not dressing for a while. I don't know how to explain it I just feel very apprehensive , unsure about it. Usually the feelings go away after the first day of dressing again

Silver Member
    I can understand concerns expressed over doing too much in front of the wives or SOs. But, besides makeup, do you girls ever ask them to participate in your actual dressing, deciding which lingerie and clothing to wear, etc.? That could be fun.

the only shopping I have done has been with my wife. So yes she is helping decide what to wear.

My supportive SO will participate as little or as much as I like. I have messaged and said to pick out a full outfit for when I get home including lingerie and it's never a problem. She shares beauty videos all the time and recently was searching for alternative beard coverage for me as I'm never happy with that aspect. She'll lace me as tight as I can stand into a corset and we have made love while I was dressed. She doesn't push me , but encourages and I am truly lucky.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My wife and I went shopping yesterday (for groceries and such at Walmart, nothing special) and we meandered through the makeup and lingerie aisles together, and got some stuff for each of us. She's far more experienced at being a girl than I am, so it's nice to have her expertise in a lot of this stuff, and we both had lots of fun doing it. I definitely count myself among the fortunate ones to have such a wonderful wife.

I told my wife on the first date, her reaction was "So what?' We have been together ever since (16 years).

I also feel guilty and apprehensive dressing (I mean the full bang, wig forms dress/skirt) around her, which is crazy I know. I just can't shake it. She is a great woman who I would do anything for, but my need to dress, and the guilt over it is causing trouble. I wish I knew a way to handle this better. She accepts me as is.

The only problem is when she picks out clothes while shopping. She wants me to dress in I guess they could be described as sissy type clothing, which I am not into.
    Last edited by JennyLiz; 05-12-2017 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
    My wife told me she didn't want me to become Liz from AHS Hotel.
    I Promised her that I have never and do not plan on killing anyone.
    I wonder why she wasn't comforted by that?

(True Story btw)

Aspiring Member
    my wife is tolerant of Giselle and comes to trans events with me, i am so lucky to have her.

A smile spread on my face when I read that somebody else also receives a Christmas gift for our feminine side.

I also have a wife who loves me in spite of my crossdressing desires. I am not certain that she understands why I have these desires (I know I don't) but she does make effort to understand. Since my crossdressing moved out of a don't ask don't tell situation we have spent much more time together sharing discussions and activities that in the past would seem awkward. We shop together looking a clothes and lingerie. We paint each others nails and share thoughts on what colors we like and don't like. And on occasion my wife has purchased panties for me. It is a blessing to have such a great wife. Always put your wife in front of any of this crossdressing stuff and if there is a chance that you can share your dressing so much the better. Count me in the list of lucky ones with a great wife.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My girlfriend was the one who picked out my first panties, it was something she wanted me to try. I was skeptical and thought I'd just be humoring her, but found instead I love it. We've progressed since then and she still picks up things she's like me to try. Just yesterday she bought some new makeup she'd like me to try next weekend.

My SO is supportive. WE just got back from the store. I took her and dressed in my denim skirt, button down top and my six inch platforms on. Makeup on and well girly look. LOL But she does help me buy feminine clothes.
    Part Time Girl

I also have a wonderfully supportive wife. She is always picking out small and big things for me. Just today she was asking what else I wanted for the makeup table, and a dress arrived from ebay for me that she purchased. My birthday is right before Christmas, and I got lots of femme things then. Actually, she said knowing about Joni actually made it easier for her to buy me birthday or Christmas stuff since now that opened up a whole lot of options, lol.

I am very lucky
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

We have been married for 60 years - April 20, 2017.
    One of the presents from my wife - 2 pairs of earrings.

Congratulations, Kiwi, on your long marriage! Nice of your wife to mark the occasion with new earrings. She is a gem!

Sami

Thanks Sami, we have had a great 60+ years. We started dating at high school and she knew about my love for feminine clothing from the beginning.

My wife falls in this category, accepting through and through. Chooses not to participate but is awesome has bought me many items, from breast forms to makeup and clothing! But chooses not to see me all dressed up. Before we had our first child I wore forms all the time she didn't seem to mind... actually liked seeing me with boobs. If I didn't wear them she would ask why no boobs? Any ways accepting wives are out there.

I always preach, honesty will set you free

-d
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

We go out a lot more now that it is accepted that I dress for the ocasion
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've been with my husband for 16 years. I found his clothes 2 years ago. I was more upset thinking it was another woman. You can't imagine the relief when I found out it was him.
    Since I found out, our relationship has changed in too many amazing ways. I accept and love him for both sides. I always tell him I get the best of both worlds, a husband and a wife!