Thread: quite gradually, and then all at once

quite gradually, and then all at once

I've been dealing with a number of issues apart from gender identity, so lots of things went on the back burner the last two years.
    I'm going to see my GG "big sister", and her husband in early June, she made it abundantly clear that she expected me, not some guy to show up for the week, so let it be written so let it be done.
    I got stopped for a broken headlight a couple of weeks ago, the PO had a concept problem with my appearance Vs my license picture, so two days ago I went to the DMV and had my picture re-taken in a fitted t shirt, hoodie, posts in my ears, and a fairly arched fresh brow wax.
    So my government ID is now more feminine than I could have imagined a year ago.

Off the fence, and on the horse I suppose - what a long strange road it's been getting to this week.

Get on that horse and ride, Rachael! Your sister has even requested you show up as Rachael. Go for it and let things happen. You will find out that fears were holding you back. Have fun with it, good luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm so looking forward to this I don't have words - We've been close for decades, back when I was trying to prove just how mean and manly I was I instructed in a martial arts group, she was one of my students, her husband trained under someone else. For some odd reason I had a serious reputation for being able to teach women. We were close basicly from the day we met.
    blah blah blah - at one point we were outside of the salle, relaxing with a beer and she said with all due, someday you're going to have to wrestle that demon, does it have a name. I don't know why I had the nerve to say out loud "well, I've never been comfortable being male, but I really don't like effeminate men. she said well, neither do I. Ok - our little secret.
    A year or so later they relocated to the west coast, a few years after that I ran into the start transitioning, or start dieing brick wall, called her and spoke to her for a long time. She was encouraging, and I leaned on her heavily for a couple of months.
    So during one conversation I commented ummm - if long private phone conversations are creating a problem in your marriage please let him know what we're talking about.
    About an hour later she called me up laughing and said I was chatting, and he asked what is going on in your life that's that brutal - I mean I know he majored in tormented soul in college and pulled a 4.0 but what's on. She said I told him you were dealing with gender identity, and aren't comfortable being a man. He sat there for about five minutes and said "wow does that ever make sense, OK".
    I love those two

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    With that reaction, I can understand why you love them
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Aspiring Member
    As someone with a pair of similarly accepting and supportive sisters, let me just say that is so awesome for you!! Almost 2 months ago, I went on a trip with my younger sister up to the twin cities to see our older sister and have a girls weekend. So I can totally identify with the excitement you feel. I hope your trip is everything you hope it will be and that you have an amazing time. Congrats on all the progress you're making.

Two days to go, I've gone over my wardrobe for the visit - I'm not even sure how many times, fresh body wax, eyebrows are rocking, new cosmetics, great foundation

and I am scared witless

Hang in there, you'll be fine!! Just relax and let it be a fun visit, as you said, they both know and it makes sense to them.

Hugs, Bria

Thanks Bria, now to make this whole thing make sense to me

I fretted so bad the first time I met my family and as Bria said just relax and be YOU for the first time with them. Most likely they will see the change as being positive when they see how it does fit you.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Hi Ladies
    soooo - Home from San Diego, emotionally drained, but on a high, physically exhausted but wouldn't have missed this for all the tea, spent Sat. afternoon hottubbing / sunbathing and I look like a KFC ad for extra crispy Irish American girls, but I have really cool tan lines. OK - yep I'm transgendered, and it's time to do something positive about it!

Serious upside - they're doing the "paleo" diet, fortunately white wine is part of their life (thank God), I spent most of the visit having amazing semi vegetarian meals,, reasonable portions, no cheese,... I think I see size 10 in my future
    Last edited by rachael.davis; 06-07-2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: add on